1.    #1  
    Are there any *major* apps that are definitely not working well with the Treo 600.
    It depends on what you mean by "don't work." There are a large number of apps that won't run on any OS 5 device, and there are lots of programs that don't use the 5-way navigation buttons. Beyond that, I've only encountered three problem applications: (1) tcringer, (2) OnTimeRx (which runs but the alarms won't sound if the screen is turned off), and (3) BackupBuddy VFS (which won't do an automatic backup if keyguard is on).
    Regards,

Robert
    Do a search. There's already several threads on the top. You'll find several programs.

Larry
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by lmelamed
    Do a search. There's already several threads on the top. You'll find several programs.
    Ya, I've seen some of the threads but was hoping to get some sort of consolidation in a single list type of thread. I suppose that's almost impossible though. I was making a feeble attempt at finding what the problem apps were before I upgraded; and, reading everything is so time consuming. A comprehensive solution would be to search, but then we have the problem of what terms to search on.

Ah well...
  5.    #5  
    This is exactly the type of post I was hoping for. What progs, what problems, and can we live with them. I'm really diappointed at Directory Assistant not having a solution at the moment. I understand that there are some problems with Datebook5 (soon to be resolved, hopefully) which I also depend on. I really want to upgrade from the 300 to the 600, but experience just tells me to hold my horses.

Now, if I were to take away reason and logic...

Originally posted by rbienstock
    It depends on what you mean by "don't work." There are a large number of apps that won't run on any OS 5 device, and there are lots of programs that don't use the 5-way navigation buttons. Beyond that, I've only encountered three problem applications: (1) tcringer, (2) OnTimeRx (which runs but the alarms won't sound if the screen is turned off), and (3) BackupBuddy VFS (which won't do an automatic backup if keyguard is on).
    Last edited by copernicus; 10/18/2003 at 01:19 PM.
    I'm in the same boat with you on DA... I used to use it all the time, but b/c webclipping isn't available on the new OS, I can't use it. hopefully someone will change this soon