1.    #1  
    hello all.
    i bought my treo 600 yesterday here in the uk (orange contract) and i have some questions.
    i cant seem to send any .mid file to the treo with hotsync
    i open install tool i select the mid and it says that i dont have an app that can handle them.
    can i use mp3s for ringtones?because the current tones are not lout at all..i couldnt here the phone ringing next to me and the vibration doesnt work that well (if compared to my old nokia)
    how the phonebook works ? i dont mean the sim phonebook coz its too lame.if i use palm desktop and write my contacts with it will they be transfered in my phonebook as well?what if i use outlook?
    how to copy images from the pc to the treo?
    i tried to d/l a ringtone off a site using the treo (gprs) and it said me that i need a wap enabled phone.is there something i could do to access that page?
    is there a thing like an emulator for mame or gameboy?
    can i view pdf and office documents?for free?if not where i can buy the apps?
    thanks in advance
    "i cant seem to send any .mid file to the treo with hotsync
    i open install tool i select the mid and it says that i dont have an app that can handle them."

MID files are installed as ringtones but the only way to get them installed is to email them to yourself and open the attachment in the Mail application. You then get the option to install them to the phone. Also you could send them via MMS from another phone. And finally, you can download .MID files from any website and install them direct to the phone. If you made your own MID files, post them on your own site and this is easy.

"how the phonebook works ? i dont mean the sim phonebook coz its too lame.if i use palm desktop and write my contacts with it will they be transfered in my phonebook as well?what if i use outlook?"

You should get a book on Palm OS devices to explain some of this. You have two options for storing your contacts out of the box. Store em in Palm Desktop on the PC or Mac. Or you can install the Outlook conduits to link to your Contacts folder in Outlook. This is not the same as Outlook Express. You can store some of the contacts on the SIM if you want to move the SIM around using the SIM Book application to write to the SIM card.

"how to copy images from the pc to the treo?"

Install the CD software and you will find a new directory in the c:\program files\handspring folder called Treo Pictures. All your images are in there when you HotSync under your username.

"i tried to d/l a ringtone off a site using the treo (gprs) and it said me that i need a wap enabled phone.is there something i could do to access that page?"

You can get to most WAP pages but some may not work. I suggest you try ordinary web pages such as www.sunncity.com to get MID files.

"is there a thing like an emulator for mame or gameboy?"

Yes - I dont know if it runs on Palm OS 5 though. Try going to www.palmgear.com and search for gameboy to find it.

"can i view pdf and office documents?for free?if not where i can buy the apps?"

Yes - even Adobe has a version of Acrobat Viewer for Palm OS. Likewise type acrobat or pdf in to the search box in www.palmgear.com and you will find several solutions. I am not convinced its a great solution for doc viewing on a small screen. I prefer PalmReader for book reading myself.
  3.    #3  
    u see its a specific midi i want
    is there a wap emulator or something like that?
    if i am next to my computer can i connect to the net from the treo via my normal internet connection?
    plus where is an app like graffiti?
    thanks a lot again.