Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Has anyone found an alarm that works...this is the final piece of SW that I need to be completely migrated to my treo 600 as my only device (got rid of old, phone, PDA, and pager).

Any guidance? An alarm that works with keyguard for Treo 600

Treo_user5
    treo_user5,

I installed MegaClock.

It's a GREAT piece of software with NUMEROUS clock views and 4 separate alarms that can use any of the ringers in the Treo 600.

Have fun!
    Aaron
  3.    #3  
    Megaclock is good but doesn't work with keyguard...I used the _LR.prc. I also noticed there's a Palm OS 5 version (but it's high res). I wonder if it would work with keygaurd. Would the high res be too much of a problem though? If so, I'll stop using keyguard.

treo_user5
    The best alarm app for the Treo 600 in my opinion is Bob's Alram. It is very simple to use and as an alarm clock it works like a champ.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodID=51750
    Dear FLY does it work with 5 way navigator?? take care jay
    Yes and No..... The 5 way works to move between different fields but it does not hit every field. For example it will not let you navigate to the alarm time but you can get into the alarm mode with the 5 way. If you download it you'll see what I mean.

There is a better beta out of this program that fixed a small but with the alarm sounds. I'll have to see if he can place some more 5 way support into it. The user group for the program is located at Yahoo! Groups.

I hope this helps!
    I just put an email into the developer...

We'll see what happens. I spoke with him earlier in the week and seems to be very cooperative and likes input.
    [QUOTE]Originally posted by treo_user5
    [B]Megaclock is good but doesn't work with keyguard...I used the _LR.prc. I also noticed there's a Palm OS 5 version (but it's high res). I wonder if it would work with keygaurd. Would the high res be too much of a problem though? If so, I'll stop using keyguard.

Do you mean it doesn't sound if the keyguard is on?

I tried BIGCLOCK but it kept crashing.

Can't seem to get BOB'S ALARM on to Mac, either!
    I have found that if the keyguard is on that MC's alarms will not sound.

Big Clock also failed for me on the 600.

...ken
    I have found a work around for the keyguard. Disable Buttons allows you to disable all of the buttons on the phone (minus the power button of course) and you an then turn off the keyguard. To turn the phone on all you do is press the power button on the top and no longer have the key guard active or that annoying press center stuff.

This app is freeware and works great! I also prevents the keys from turning on the treo. Hope this helps some of you...
    Until BigClock works out the bug so it will still sound with keyguard on, I recommend using the built in calendar and setting an appointment with alarm. This alarm works with keyguard on or off and will vibe when the system sound is off.
    Originally posted by flyinjack
    The best alarm app for the Treo 600 in my opinion is Bob's Alram. It is very simple to use and as an alarm clock it works like a champ.

http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0&prodID=51750
    This program works well for me, too.
    Bob's Alarm is the best for the Treo 600. The only issue I can find with it is a potential compatibility conflict with BatteryGraph. If you don't use BatteryGraph, you'll love Bob's Alarm.
    I have installed bob's alarm and was not able to get the sound from the alarm, am I missing something??
    The version of Bob's Alarm you need is 1.73debug6 found in the yahoo group link above. Look in the beta folder.
    Try MultiClock. Works great, although it is limited to the classic Palm alarms (pre-OS 5). Haven't foudn anything better than this for a good alarm clock for trips. Large clock, second time zone, moon phase, and 3 separate alarms with lots of controls. Very nice.
    Like a few others, I also use Bob's Alarm and it works well with good support. I use it at least three times a day on my Treo 600. As for alarms tones, one of the versions required the tone to be saved in order to use it. I believe that has been taken care of. The latest release has a bug - select a midi and ya get a soft reset. It has been reported and is being worked on. The most stable beta out is 173debug6 - I ran it without any difficulties at all.

Ben

Originally posted by treo_user5
    Has anyone found an alarm that works...this is the final piece of SW that I need to be completely migrated to my treo 600 as my only device (got rid of old, phone, PDA, and pager).

Any guidance? An alarm that works with keyguard for Treo 600

Treo_user5
    Originally posted by gktan
    I have installed bob's alarm and was not able to get the sound from the alarm, am I missing something??
    Bob's Alarm ties into the "game" sound functionality.

To test play Klondike, if all you here is the "system" click when moving cards then you have encountered the Treo 600 sound bug. Perform a soft reset and all "game" sounds are back, along with Bob's Alarm.

Note that Zap will continue to beep and whistle even when other games fall silent.

Bob's Alarm now plays MIDIs
    They are built-in sounds though, not the ones you can add for ring tones. The MIDIs play even when the game sounds are silent!

You can download the latest version at
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/RarM_Software/
    What it is I believe is that games with optimized sound for an OS5 device keep their sound no matter what, while programs that are designed for an earlier version will not. I'm really interested to know if anyone has come up with a solution besides a soft reset, or if anyone has contacted Handspring about this btw.

(Sorry, I know this is off topic)

Oh but I did try using the version of BigClock that everyone else mentioned works on the 600 and DisableButtons, and I have the sound problem there as well.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Why would you not use the calendar? I've got a recurring event that fires every weekday morning and wakes my *** up with a head-ringing clang. What more do you need? Am I missing something?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast