1.    #1  
    Someone else in another thread I can't locate origanally suggested it, it's great, it works!

Simply (carefully) cut a slot in each of the side panels of the provided slip case so that you can fit a belt through (see pic, taken with the Treo naturally...).

Possible long term downside is that the side panels may tear... ideally the cuts should be stiched around. Why didn't Handspring think of this...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)
    Originally posted by tgabber
    Someone else in another thread I can't locate origanally suggested it, it's great, it works!

Simply (carefully) cut a slot in each of the side panels of the provided slip case so that you can fit a belt through (see pic, taken with the Treo naturally...).

Possible long term downside is that the side panels may tear... ideally the cuts should be stiched around. Why didn't Handspring think of this...
    Cuz then they wouldn't be able to sell versions with belt clips!
    And because it would be more expensive. Every extra line of stitching, and each additional cut in the fabric pattern costs money. I'm glad it doesn't cost any more, because I'm not going to use the included case, even it did have the modification you suggested. Why pay more for a case you won't use? I don't mean to flame you, it's a good suggestion. Especially since it's free.

What this case is great for is that I wasn't forced to buy a case when I ordered my phone since I knew one came with it. I can use this nice, cheap "good enough" case until I find one I like. I think most people will do the same.
    Originally posted by mo-bile

Cuz then they wouldn't be able to sell versions with belt clips!
    And I know you're joking, but I'm glad this case wasn't included. A lot of people don't like it, so they basically would have to pay an extra $20 or so for the phone, to get a case they won't use. I think HS made the right tradeoff on this.
    In case you really want the "better" case...the folks where I bought my unit (treo600.net) were offering a free accessory or ringtones package.

I got the stereo headphones adapter, but I know I could have gotten the better case.