1.    #1  
    I found it really annoying that I could not add a phone number to the contacts list direct from the dialpad. On any other phone, you could use the dialpad to enter the number and the simple press of another button would bring up a save option. From there you simply match the contact name with that number.

So here is my suggestion for an upcoming ROM upgrade or something - three buttons appear at the bottom of the dialpad when dialing a number DIAL, CLEAR and CANCEL.

The CLEAR button should be able to act as the CANCEL button if you hold it down for more than 1 or 2 seconds (isn't this how it works on most other phones?) I find it annoying that I have to press a competely seperate button to erase the entire number I just entered. It just seems so redundant.

So now that we all agree that the CANCEL button can be removed we can now replace it with a SAVE button so that after the number is entered you can simply press that button and your contacts list pops up prompting you to enter a name for that number.

This would speed up the entering of people's phone numbers/contact info tremendously! Pure genious!!!!
    Maybe this will help:

After dialing or receiving a call, press the center button which brings up a menu. Select "Call log" and on the next page press "Add Contact" button (or right click twice to highlight the button). This creates a new contact with the recent number inserted into the work field.
    To clarify:

After hanging up from dialing or receiving a call...
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by Chu Zoo
    Maybe this will help:

After dialing or receiving a call, press the center button which brings up a menu. Select "Call log" and on the next page press "Add Contact" button (or right click twice to highlight the button). This creates a new contact with the recent number inserted into the work field.
    Yeah but that requires you to first receive or make a call, it requires at least two additional buttons to press and you can't use the screen's dialpad to enter the #. My suggestion would allow people, let's say at a social event, to enter a number quickly and easily. Just enter the number from the screen's dialpad and instead of calling it, just press the imaginary "SAVE" button and it whisks you right to contact list with a cursor awaiting you to enter the name for that number. Simple. I like simple.
    See the thing is that you already can do that, it is just a bit backwards in that if you want to save a number without dialing it, you have to designate teh memory slot first before you enter the number, unlike a regular cell phone where you enter the number and then hit save. So what you have to do is, from the dialer view, create a new contact (down, right, center) and then enter your number. So you'd have pretty much the same number of buttons to press, it is just that the order is different.

FWIW, if you really insist on inputting the number first, you could always just input the number and hit center twice, which would dial the call and immediately hang up. If you change your display options so that the center button brings up the call log instead of the redial list, then you could input your number and hit center, center, center, right, right, center and your contact is saved. That's not so bad, is it?
    Regards,

Robert