Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    as mention in this thread

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...&postid=255857

there seems to be a problem in the "miami" area.

If you got your phone the last couple of days you might have problems after the regular wait for provisioning (4-8 hours).

the errors are:
    #67 if the servers still don't recognize your phone
    #3000 connection issue
    "unknown error" <--- the only one we get

so far about 7 people in the area

let's use this thread for updates for the 7 of us.
    andres
    I'm in the Miami area...my 600 should be here Monday. Has anyone been able to get service with a 600 in Miami?

-David
    http://www.davegk.com
    Good idea andres. I'll check back here for updates from everyone. Any new users from South Florida, who haven't posted on the other board, please let us know if you are having the same problem.

Report the date you received your device and whether you've provisioned for data successfully or are still getting an error (with details...unknown error, 67, etc.). Thanks!
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by davegk
    I'm in the Miami area...my 600 should be here Monday. Has anyone been able to get service with a 600 in Miami?

-David
    I don't know the ones that got it before wednesday the 15, but it seems that after that there has been a problem for the new ones. we will post if it is up.

apparently sprint knows about the miami problem
    andres
  5.    #5  
    ok so far it seems that these members have the problem and they are all in the sofla area

lfnusa
    caneguy
    marlinsfan
    Deacon
    Ken505
    doug0365
    davegk
    and me

common symptons: got the phone after wednesday
    tried provisioning got "unknown error" or "#3000" no other error like 67
    we live in florida and like someone says it might be a yankees, cubs or giants fan that cut us out
    andres
    Yanks just made it to the series yesterday, we've been down since Wednesday, don't think it's one of their fans. Cubs fans please get our service up! Ha, Ha...
    ...just ordered my T600 today, hope I won't have problems. Never had any problems with my T300. By the way, GOOO MARLINS!!!
    If they know about "the Miami problem", they tech people sure don't. I told them about this discussion thread but they just gave up trying to get my phone to work.

They are sending me out a new one today with a box to return the one I have. Hope it works.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Actually, I don't have a problem yet since I'm still waiting to receive my 600. I'll let you know if I do, though.

-David

Originally posted by afcuadros
    ok so far it seems that these members have the problem and they are all in the sofla area

lfnusa
    caneguy
    marlinsfan
    Deacon
    Ken505
    doug0365
    davegk
    and me

common symptons: got the phone after wednesday
    tried provisioning got "unknown error" or "#3000" no other error like 67
    we live in florida and like someone says it might be a yankees, cubs or giants fan that cut us out
    http://www.davegk.com
    I got my phone on Thurs... connected it... fell in love... but then it turned ugly when I i would get repeated errors on the Sprint Provisioning. So, after much time wasted with the bleeding edge, HS agreed to overnight me a new unit.

So, is it a Miami thing or are our phones really faulty????

Please Advise,

reelflint
    reelflint, I assume you're from Miami....let us know if your new phone provisions for data when you get it. I'm really losing patience with this whole thing. If your new phone doesn't work, Sprint better fix this SoFla thing asap! If it does work, and the rest of us are still not up, I'll have an order in for a replacement as well.
    Just so everyone knows...I pulled out my phone on a whim and tried to provision it again for like the 500th time today. Boom....it successfully set up. I'm now vision enabled!!

WOOT!!!

All you guys in South FL try to provision and see if it works.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    I tried once more before going to bed and I was successful also.
    OH MY GOD...MINE WORKS ALSO!!!! I had to do a hard reset, then it worked.....it's been nice talking with you guys! Good luck to the others from SoFla!!!
    Ah yes, I too reside in the sofla area... Hollywood specifically. 14 hours plus so far on the line with sprint and I have spoken to MANY level 2 techs with no end in sight. I recieved phone wednesday, voice activated fine... but i waited for a few hours to try to initialize it. Needless to say, the phone would NOT provision. I would get the 3000 error alternating with the Unknown Error... obviously with the latter the phone was able to dial up with sprint, albeit unsuccesfully. Calling Sprint and getting bounced around is now familiar to me... however after the first few hours and the failure of the soft reset and ## (PIF?) reset I was told that sprint was having issues with provisioning and just to wait about 30 minutes and it will work. Of course it didnt. Later that night I called in and got another rep who had me do the ##3282 and manually configure vision. My settings would not save and as soon as i did this i would save and still have a provision problem and get the dreaded "unknown." I continued to call back and thursday about the 8th or 9th tier 2 i spoke with had a good idea, which was to configure through the network preferences and then edit the command line to force a save. He assured me this would work, and it did, in giving me a new set of errors Now it was just 3000... thats it, although no longer did the phone prompt me to provision. This continued for a day and despite my calls sprint insisted nothing was wrong. I took the phone into the sprint store in a not so fun 4 hour trip to get it looked at, and the tech there once again swore he fixed it after hard provisioning. He claimed it would work in 2-4 hours, it has been around 12. A new message though that seems like progress is the 67 error. I did a hard reset just now and no luck. I sure hope in the morning this will work.

One more thing... has anyone been able to do a return / swap on the phone yet? The store manager that i visited today says she only recieved 2 t600s, and was not expecting any and noted my account for a replacement (there is something loose and shaking around inside my treo)... Yet when i call into CS, they say they cannot order the phone because it is new and they cannot order new phones (I purchased direct from handspring). It was frustrating, because i have had a ticket wrote up and scalated authorizing this, but according to the reps my ONLY remedy is to call the individual stores on my own and wait till they have one. They say there is no way of placing me in que for an order and they cannot send me one because they cannot order them themselves. The store manager called around to other local sofla stores, but they had none. I asked if there was any department that did orders specifcally and the rep said no... I suppose thats seperate but still i cannot find one of these in SoFla to do my swap, and if my provisioning IS successful in the morning I will be reluctant to swap
    -regards
    clif

33021 Hollywood FL (954)
  16.    #16  
    woke up middle of the night,
    gave it a try and it works!
    guess it was a sofla thing afterall
    now i can sleep better
    andres
    After 3 days of TREO hell (activate DOA 600, bounced between hs & sprint 10 times, reactivate 300, tear the lid off of my 300, reactivate 600, Vision Provision hell), Today is Sat. morning (7am E) and still no Vision!!!!! I read the threads this morning... did a soft reset and Voila!!!! VISION!!!! which rocks!!!! However, no i can not turn it off!!! I access the web or email (Snapper) and the network icon stays on.... I can even make calls while the net is on?????? So, I have go to Prefs and manually turn off the net.

You know i am amazed at what little life we all have!!!! To **** around with this bleeding edge crap that is really useless at the end of the day. The 600 is no better than the 300(except for battery)!!! I still can not log on to my bank and check balances... Yet we have all rallyed to be the first to buy it. To be HS & Sprint's beta testers and not be compensated is really... really sad. Instead we pay them and fedx it to boot!!! We even have this awesome forum to share our loser lives.

Well, f--k HS & Sprint... i am off to Key West to get as far away from TREO and try to catch some dinner.

be well to all TREO losers,
    reelflint
  18.    #18  
    reelflint hahaha
    the network will stay on... if the arrows are grey you will be able to make/receive calls. if the arrows are green that means you are down/up loading from the net and hence can not use voice.

hope you enjoy the bars at duval street.
    andres
    Well...I switched to my T600 from a Kyocera 6035, so I am in total heaven right now. This phone is exactly what I've been wanting. I do wish it had a hi res screen (320x320), but we can't have it all I guess. I also wish verichat would work with msn messenger, but I guess that will be soon!!

You can still receive calls when connected to the network. As afcuadros pointed out, as long as you aren't transmitting or receiving any data, your calls will come through, so you can leave your T600 in 'wireless mode on'.

If you want to turn it off (to be safe), hold down the button on the top left of the treo (the silver button that has the circle with the line through it). Sorry if you already knew that.

Ok. I woke up and played with my phone. Now thats pathetic
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    After getting them to send me a new one last nite, my old one started working this morning YEA!!!

I guess they were to busy paying attention to the Marlins to get these phones provisioned.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast