1.    #1  
    Hey everyone. I have read reviews and checked threads...but don't really understand. With my T300 and Sprint I have been stuck to certain areas of coverage. For instance at a buddy's wedding last summer, my phone didn't work, even though Sprint said that they had coverage in that area. I guess it is due to the 300 having one mode of support for the frequency it uses.

My question is this...does the 600 improve upon this? Could I travel to that same area and expect my phone to work? I know that Sprint offers some phones that are dual mode...will the 600 be one of these?

Any help would be appreciated...

Thanks.

Sam
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
    dual band digital

sprints site has a map
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by SprintTreo600
    dual band digital

sprints site has a map
    Oh dude awesome. So it really IS better than the 300!!! WWWWOOOOHHOOOO!!!
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Actually, the Treo 600 is the same as the 300 - they are both single band. This means they cannot operat<
    The Treo 600 operates on dual bands: 800 and 1900 MHz. The 300 only operated on 1900 MHz. Neither of them supports 800 MHz analog service, however.
    I was in Canada recently using my 600. It is most definitely dual-band. I used never be able to use 300 up there unless I was near the border.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Ok, for some reason my reply didn't all go through. Here it is again: Actually, the Treo 600 is the same as the 300 - they are both single band. This means they cannot operate when off Sprints network in analog mode (800 MHz). They can operate only in both digital and digital roam areas (1900 MHz). This is true for the Treo 600 & 300.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    If yours worked in Canada then it must have been digital roaming, which is entirely possible. The Treo 600 & 300 can't work in analog (800 MHz) mode. Its impossible.
    Originally posted by DSDxp
    Ok, for some reason my reply didn't all go through. Here it is again: Actually, the Treo 600 is the same as the 300 - they are both single band. This means they cannot operate when off Sprints network in analog mode (800 MHz). They can operate only in both digital and digital roam areas (1900 MHz). This is true for the Treo 600 & 300.
    CDMA 800 Mhz (Verizon mostly) and 1900 MHz (Sprint mostly) can be accessed by 600. 300 can only do 1900 MHz.
    Global Posts
    244 Global Posts
    Originally posted by ChemEngr

CDMA 800 Mhz (Verizon mostly) and 1900 MHz (Sprint mostly) can be accessed by 600. 300 can only do 1900 MHz.
    You're right. I guess the CDMA 800 MHz would be considered "digital roaming" since Verizon does not operate in analog mode.
    Not all treasure is silver and gold.
    Ummm... right. That would make it a dual band phone. Just like Sprint and Handspring (and everyone else in this thread) say it is.

12.    #12  
    Originally posted by moze
    Ummm... right. That would make it a dual band phone. Just like Sprint and Handspring (and everyone else in this thread) say it is.

Technically though, aren't Sprints dual band phones capable of analogue cellular service?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>
    No analog yet. Sorry. Treo 270 is dual band GSM (digital). Treo 300 is single band CDMA (digital). Treo 600 (CDMA) is dual band digital. Treo 600 GSM is quad band digital. No analog.
    I think Sprint (and maybe others) distinguish dual band from dual mode, where the latter means a phone that works on both digital and analog networks. A phone can be dual band and not dual mode, which the Treo 600 is.
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by silverado
    I think Sprint (and maybe others) distinguish dual band from dual mode, where the latter means a phone that works on both digital and analog networks. A phone can be dual band and not dual mode, which the Treo 600 is.
    So since it is dual band...it is one step ahead of the 300, which was only single band...right? I just want to address the issues that I have had being out of Sprint's own coverage areas. So when the 600 becomes available on Sprint's website...it should show up in the dual band phone section, right?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    </strong>