1.    #1  
    Is there a way to save the phone number from the phone display? (that is enter the number from the phone dial pad as you usually would and attempt to save the number while on display) Every phone I've ever had allowed me to do this.
    you can do it from the log, After the number has been dialed.
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by tmc19108
    you can do it from the log, After the number has been dialed.
    So you actually have to dial it first, go back to the call log afterwards and pull it it from there to save it? Well, that's not convenient and what I was hoping for. Oh well, thanks for the reply.
    I guess not many people will do that, as you usually create a new contact and dial straight from there!

But it would be nice!

The dial pad only has a paste menu, not a cut or copy menu unfortunately.
    Originally posted by tcjohnsson

So you actually have to dial it first, go back to the call log afterwards and pull it it from there to save it? Well, that's not convenient and what I was hoping for. Oh well, thanks for the reply.
    If you know you want to keep the number, just add a new contact. Done.
    One thing that makes it easier is if you change the display options so that the center button brings up the call log instead of the redial list. This is a fairly useful change because it makes the 600 behave more like a typical cell phone. On virtually every other phone I've used, pressing Send twice will dial the last call whether it was in or out. With the center button bring up the redial list, two presses of the center button would only call the last outgoing number. Switching to the call log will dial the last call irrespective of whether it was in or out. It then takes only three clicks of the 5-way navigation mutton to save the number.
    Regards,

Robert