1.    #1  
    Ok, who can help me with this? Treo300SMS did not get quarantined, but instead loaded onto the new T600. We know it doesn't work, so I want to delete it. Darned if I get an error everytime I try! I select "delete" from the app launcher menu, then scroll down and highlight the program. I hit the delete button, and it's asks if want to delete. I confirm. It says "Unable to delete Tre300SMS". Any other way to get it off the device?
    Did you try a Hard reset, as opposed to a Soft Reset?
    try "FileZ"
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
  4.    #4  
    There were two Treo300SMS files. I checked both to be deleted and one was. The other (Treo300SMS_2s) got an error: "An error prevented file from being deleted". More suggestions?
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    I had a similar issue with deleting TREO300SMS from my T600. It seems TREO300SMS is still active and needs to be disabled prior to deleting.

You need to go into the application (TREO300SMS) and deactivate it. When you do this it will tell you it needs to reset to take affect. Once you reset and get back try deleting.
    Originally posted by catlook
    There were two Treo300SMS files. I checked both to be deleted and one was. The other (Treo300SMS_2s) got an error: "An error prevented file from being deleted". More suggestions?
    Hostync to back up your data, then hard reset the Treo to erase all data from it. then go into your backup foldr and delete the Treo300SMS file(s).

Now hotsync to restore your data to the Treo 600.
  7.    #7  
    Damigs...your suggestion worked. Of course...the file that did delete was necessary to go into the app...so I had to reinstall it. At that point it was already disabled, so I was able to delete it fine.

The next choice going to be the hard reset and reapply, but fortunately I didn't need to go there. Thanks, all!