Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    I don't know if anyone else has found this, but I think this is an incompatibility between Datebk5 and the T6. It's been working fine, but today, for the first time, I want into the note of a meeting and made an edit. When I was finished, I clicked on the "Done" button using the 5-way button, and it did a soft reset. I tried this a few more times with other notes, and I always get the same error. Datebk5 must not be tested with the new 5-way dial. That's the only thing I can think of.

Has anyone else experienced this?
    Originally posted by davsug
    I don't know if anyone else has found this, but I think this is an incompatibility between Datebk5 and the T6. It's been working fine, but today, for the first time, I want into the note of a meeting and made an edit. When I was finished, I clicked on the "Done" button using the 5-way button, and it did a soft reset. I tried this a few more times with other notes, and I always get the same error. Datebk5 must not be tested with the new 5-way dial. That's the only thing I can think of.

Bad news. DB5 is one of my critical apps. (Don't have the 600 yet) Have you contacted the developer?
    Global Posts
    120 Global Posts
    Originally posted by elysian9

Bad news. DB5 is one of my critical apps. (Don't have the 600 yet) Have you contacted the developer?
    Not yet, but that's next on my list. FYI, the built in datebook app on the T6 is pretty solid. It's basically a stripped-down version of DB5.

Next time you get a reset like that go to the phone dial and dial (using the phone dial on the screen) ##377. It'll show you what program caused the error and what the error was that caused the rest... then go to the program developer can tell them they need to upgrade their program for the Treo 600. :-)

Not yet, but that's next on my list. FYI, the built in datebook app on the T6 is pretty solid. It's basically a stripped-down version of DB5.
    As it was on pre 600s.

Yep, can confirm this.

To test, I created a sample meeting. Then created a note. When I used the 5-way to press "done" it did a soft reset.

However, if I use the stylus and just click "done" it doesn't reset.

So it's something to do with the 5-way in this instance.
    On my 300, I found there was a bug in DB5 having to do with floating events. If the built-in Calendar (DateBook+) was launched for any reason (with me, it happened when someone beamed me a calendar event), DB+ takes all completed, floating events and loses the "completed" tag. I had hundreds of floating events showing uncompleted that day!

Developers said that this was a bug and I should just be careful not to launch DB+ (ever!).

Have you had this happen in using the built in Calendar app on the 600?

The first thing I did on my 600 was to load DB5 and reprogram the calendar button to avoid this happening to me again.

In any case, I did replicate the 5 way button crash you experienced. On the positive side, it DID save the changes to the note before it restarted, though. And it didn't crash when I touched "Done" instead of using the 5 way.

-Suzie
    Last edited by coffeetalk; 10/17/2003 at 01:56 PM.
    I contacted the developer several days ago and he replied that he's working on a new version to support the 600.
    Hello All,

Wow.... I hadn't found any major problems until you mentioned this. I did it and same problem under DateBk 5.0a. Hitting the stylus, and no problem. I'll drop them an email too.

Thanks for the heads up,
    -Ben
    Found this on via Cliesource, in Yahoo Groups.

On 10/16/03 5:05 PM, "Pimlico Software, Inc." <dewar@P...>
    wrote:

> I have just posted a new S9 release to address issues in the
    > T3/UX-50/iQue-3600 & Treo600

http://www.PimlicoSoftware.com/datebk5-v51a-s9.zip

Treo600 - includes support for the 5-way Navigator dial that MATCHES the
    > 5-way dial on the Tungsten. This is not going to be identical to how the
    > dial is used by Datebook+ on the Treo - in some areas it offers more
    > functionality, in others less. I am more then interested in feedback here.
    > Note that I am going to have to redesign a lot of screens in DateBk5 to make
    > the one-handed control navigation of controls work more elegantly. I had
    > VISUALLY aligned many controls which means an item might be one pixel higher
    > or perhaps one pixel to the left of other controls so they "looked" aligned
    > on the screen. However, the navigation routine was not well written and
    > treats an item one pixel higher for example as being on a higher row (now
    > wouldn't it have made sense to treat all items within a threshold of say 3-4
    > pixels as being on the same logical row??). Ok enough ranting (you are
    > probably more than used to me doing that anyway at this point<g>). I'll save
    > the next rant for when I jam in the SD card the "wrong" way round on the
    > Treo600 and damage the slot
    >
    > Again - these changes are primarily targeted for T3, UX-50, iQue-3600 and
    > Treo 600 users - others are welcome to download this release (it does have a
    > few other fixes for general problems) and I am interested in hearing of any
    > compatibility issues on other devices. I AM aware of several cosmetic redraw
    > issues on the NR-70 which has a much buggier implementation of virtual
    > graffiti than the later OS/5 Clie's, and I do intend to look at those issues
    > for the SA release.
    >
    > Cheers!
    > CESD, Pimlico Software, Inc.
    Last edited by elysian9; 10/18/2003 at 06:06 PM.
    Hello All,

On the Treo 600, S9 is worse in that the menu drop downs don't properly display during a scroll right push. And pushing the Calendar button no longer cycles through the display options. It flashes the Week number..... doook..... now, I need to find that forum on ClieSource and post my feedback....

-Ben
    Hello All,

Major problem with S9 is that while on the phone you push the right key 4-5 times to scroll through the daysin the calendar, the phone reboots. This has happened 2 times to me. In the meantime, I'm heading back to my 5.0a which was working fine (except for issue above), just no 5 way dial support.

-Ben
    Last edited by bserebin; 10/21/2003 at 07:11 AM.