Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I just got my new 600, and got everything set up with no problems. Everything's working perfectly except for one tiny detail: The phone has a slight rattle, as if something is loose inside.

I'm assuming this isn't normal, but I thought I would post just to find out if it's common.

I'm also assuming that this justifies an equipment swap, but the one person I spoke with at Sprint told me Handspring has to do it, and Handspring tells me Sprint has to do it. Anyone know the real answer?

-Jason
    My power/wireless mode button rattles. You might want to check that.
    <a href="http://www.nicaddress.com">www.NicAddress.com</a> - Quality PHP, MySQL Web Hosting, Affordable domains too.
    My 600 has a rattle inside it too. Something small like a pin sounding ... but everything works great so I say leave well enough alone...
    Yup, mine rattles too. Hope it doesn't turn into something more serious later...
  5.    #5  
    Well, maybe I'll examine one at a Sprint store. If an abused floor model doesn't rattle, then it's probably a bad build.
    I have rev. A. mine is solid, no rattles. I've heard others talk about loose power button. Mine is so stiff, it takes considerable force to push it in, and no wiggle.
    the first T600 I received from Sprint had a rattle, but it wasn't a loose button. Something was actually loose and floating around inside. I was less than comfortable w/ 
    My phone is tight and no rattle. Of course 4 days later it still can't provision for web access but it doesn't rattle. they are sending me a new one today, Hope it accesses the web and also doesn't rattle.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Guys.....read the second post. Its the power button. Put your finger on the button and then shake. No rattle!!
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    AWESOME CATCH regarding the power botton!

It was one of those feelings of anxiety and you're just waiting for someone to prove its nothing to worry about.

Talk about a relief!

btw...posted from my treo.

Mike.
    There is a little screw or something loose that I can hear moving from from end to end....
    I have the exact same rattling in my T600 that arrived on 10/17, and it is most definitely not the power button. I called Handspring at 877-426-3777, and they are sending me a replacement to arrive in 2-3 days.

Perhaps it is another feature...phone + palm + Web + email + MARIACHI INSTRUMENT!
    Yep, lightly hold the power button and the rattle goes away.
    "...it is most definitely not the power button."

Umm, oops, yes it is most definitely the power button...I hold it lightly and it makes no rattle. I guess mine is the only internal screw loose.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Mine is not the power button. I can actually hear and feel it move from one end of the Treo to the other. There is certainly something loose inside.

I think there is a little confusion on this. If holding down the power button and shaking your Treo removes the rattle noise, no problem.

I wish it was that easy for me.
    Global Posts
    212 Global Posts
    thanks, nicaddress! i was a little worried about my rattle until i read your post. turns out it's just the wobbly power button.
    Ok, at the risk of sounding completely idiotic, my T600 has both the power button rattle and the loose screw rattle. Sometimes the screw (or whatever it is) must get lodged in the device and not rattle around.
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    Originally posted by broras
    Ok, at the risk of sounding completely idiotic, my T600 has both the power button rattle and the loose screw rattle. Sometimes the screw (or whatever it is) must get lodged in the device and not rattle around.
    This is EXACTLY what happens to me. What is the best course of action for this? Do I go to Handspring or Sprint?
    Handspring, 877-426-3777. In the IVR, choose option '6 - I do not know who my wireless service provider is', (do NOT choose option '1 - Sprint'...that just tells you to contact Sprint).
    i have the same rattle with mine.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast