1.    #1  
    Just read this on a Yahoo! article about Vonage:

Seeking to highlight his company's efforts to turn traditional telephone service on its head, Citron said Vonage will introduce next week new software that will allow its customers to make and receive calls from mobile laptops or handheld computers.
    Wow! We'll be able to make phonecalls with this thing too!
    Is there a link?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Here is the link to the story:

Vonage Regulation Story

It is mostly about a US Federal court telling Minnesota that VoIP is protected under the government Internet rules and can not be taxed like a phone company or forced to comply with other phone company regulations.

Here is the Vonage website. It looks cool, I just don't know about trusing VoIP for home service since I have tested the stuff for carriers before. That was a couple of years ago though and the tech seems to have gotten much better.
    Personally, I don't care about voip on my Treo. I already get free long distance and I don't need to make international calls.

wifi, is another thing though..
    I have Vonage at home. It works ok. I don't make many calls from home anyway, but have 500 long distance minutes and unlimited local/regional calling for $24.95. I make a number of "regional" calls to counties next to mine, and get charged $0.10/min from Sprint. Now, nothing with Vonage. As long as you have a consistent high speed connection, you're golden. Gone from a $40+/mo bill to $24.95. Includes call-waiting, caller-id (number only, no names), etc.

Biggest thing that blows is that you can only hook one phone into the back of the adapter they send. So, you'll need one that has the handset expansion capability to put it about your house.

Cool things include: voice-mail is stored as WAV files, you can access them from anywhere and it notifies you via e-mail if you have one. You have online access to everything, calls, minutes you've used, etc. You can set-up "virtual numbers" in your family's home town and they can call you for free (local call to them).

Matt
    More than likely this will be for PocketPC. I would love to see a VoIP client for palm though.
    Originally posted by lnichols
    Here is the link to the story:

Vonage Regulation Story

It is mostly about a US Federal court telling Minnesota that VoIP is protected under the government Internet rules and can not be taxed like a phone company or forced to comply with other phone company regulations.

Here is the Vonage website. It looks cool, I just don't know about trusing VoIP for home service since I have tested the stuff for carriers before. That was a couple of years ago though and the tech seems to have gotten much better.
    I use VOIP from my house everyday, straight to NY then out VOIP to the world, I work for Telephone company voip on my cable modem is fine but dont know about the restricted bandwidth of the TREO