Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    What are the most essential applications for the Treo 600?

I would like something that plays MP3s as well as some software that takes advantage of the 5-way pad. My old launcher application, Silver Screen, is practically unusable because of its lack of 5-way pad support.
    You should registered with HS to get the link to download Pocket Tunes for the Treo600. Also, Zlauncher is a great launcher that is compatible with the Treo600 nav pad...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I tried Zlauncher and the 5 way pad doesn't seem to work completely. I could only use it to switch tabs, not to choose applications. With the 5 way pad and the built in application chooser , what do you see as the major plus of this type of program over the built in program, other than graphics. I used to use Launcher III in my Visor, and that was much better since I only had stylus input.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    I'm not sure if I want Zlauncher. I think OS 5.2 looks nice enough using the color themes (my favorite is "red") and I don't find myself wanting any of the functionality that Zlauncher gives in terms of the drag and drop stuff. Feel free to convince me. I already own a registered copy from a previous PDA, would just need to install it.
    Color themes?

What color themes??

I feel so out of touch.
    To select an application using 5 way in ZLauncher, select the tab your application is in, hit the middle button on the 5 way and then select your application.
    I was not able to get it to highlight any of the Icons in order to press the center button. The 5 way pad only moved me from one tab to another.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
    Look under prefs, color themes are in there. I think they are in OS 5.1 and higher. Tungsten T didn't have it, Tungsten C did.

"Classic" is a cool idea, but doesn't go well with most modern application icons. "Red" looks the sharpest and most professional, IMO.
    Where are these themes? I find no application that looks like it could launch a theme. I just looked for 20 minutes. I don't have the manual with me or I'd look it up, but if someone had a minute I'd appreciate them helping me out.
    Originally posted by wombat2
    Look under prefs, color themes are in there. I think they are in OS 5.1 and higher. Tungsten T didn't have it, Tungsten C did.

"Classic" is a cool idea, but doesn't go well with most modern application icons. "Red" looks the sharpest and most professional, IMO.
    Hmmm, I'm not see it. I have:

Buttons, Connection, Date and Time, Default Apps, Display, Formats, General, Keyguard, Network, Owner, Shortcuts, Sound, Touchscreen, and Wireless.

None of these appear to be theme-like.
    Originally posted by bmacfarland
    Where are these themes? I find no application that looks like it could launch a theme. I just looked for 20 minutes. I don't have the manual with me or I'd look it up, but if someone had a minute I'd appreciate them helping me out.
    Go to your launcher and choose prefs, the from the dropdown in the upper rioght corner choose "General" Last item on that list is "Colors" That'll let you pick a color theme.
    Thanks, I'm a little disappointed by the themes as they are just basically changing a couple of colors. I was half expecting new icons and stuff like that.
    Anyone know if there's an app to create color themes that work with this feature? None of the built-in ones quite grab me.
    I think I found what they are talking about, but it's not a "themes" menu.

Go to Prefs, and under the General settings, there is a "colors" tab. click to select several different color options.

My guess is the euro GSM (Orange) phones have seperate software options than us CDMA cronies in the states.
    caneguy,

Maybe we have different versions. In ZLauncher under About/Register in the App menu it says I have version 3.62B2.

When I press the middle button on a tab it draws a square around the first app. I can then move the square around and select in any app under the tab. I attacheded a screenshot. Hope you can get it working
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I used to use a program called Khroma to create my own color themes on the Treo 300. Any word on if something like this will be available for the 600?