1.    #1  
    I have only had my T600 for few days, but have noticed that it appears to keep the Vision/Data connection "live" a lot longer than my T300 (or older phones for that matter). Further explanation: I find that I don't have to "sign on" quite as many times in the day as I did with my 300. When I talk a bout a live connection, you can usually tell if you are connecting by looking at the left/right arrows right above the signal strength indicator. Of course if the arrows are green, you are actually sending/receiving, but if they are grayed out, then your connection is still live, but idle. Any comments?

This is a def a good thing if the 600 has software to keep the connection on longer. The sign on process was always slow and annoying! Actually, when I come to think of it, I think I have signed on once (when my phone finished provisioning), I haven't seen that message pop up again yet since I activated! It's only been 3 days of use, but that's a vast improvement over having to sign on 3 + times a day with the 300!
    It seems to me that the connection stays live (although idle) for a LONG time. Hours.

I'm not sure whether it's a good thing all in all. It seems that it would eat battery faster. But, it's certainly less annoying for those of us who use data connections frequently.
  3.    #3  
    I have no idea if this eats the battery faster...anyone know if this is true?
    Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    My take is that the "improved" battery life is no where near the 4x we were led to believe (on Sprint at least). I do see a dramatic increase in battery life, but it's really more like 1 1/2 times rather than 4x. This is enough for me, so I'm not complaining.

As far as the data connection goes, it now works as it should. Since migrating to my T600, I have not had a single instance of service disconnect. I do find that, after being idle all night, it does have to re-connect in the morning. But this is a once a day event, and it takes a fraction of the time it used to on my T300.
    My take is that the "improved" battery life is no where near the 4x we were led to believe (on Sprint at least). I do see a dramatic increase in battery life, but it's really more like 1 1/2 times rather than 4x. This is enough for me, so I'm not complaining.
    Not sure where the 4x number comes from. Rated talk times are 2.5 hours on the Treo 300 (as if), and 4 hours on the Treo 600 (seems about right).
  6.    #6  
    bump
    Originally posted by wombat2

Not sure where the 4x number comes from. Rated talk times are 2.5 hours on the Treo 300 (as if), and 4 hours on the Treo 600 (seems about right).

you only get 4 hrs talk time????!?!?!?!

i get in areound 6 or 7....is yours defective? is there something wrong with mine?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    maybe you get longer talk time because you're using it closer to a cell tower, reducing the power required for effective transmission.
    It's hard for me to judge exact talk time because I use the phone for a mix of phone, PDA and Internet useage. I have never used it JUST to talk without doing anything else with it for more than 45 minutes or so. But based on what I've seen, 4 hours seems more or less correct. It might be more but I'm pretty sure it's not less.
    wombat2:

neither do i...i constantly use the internet and apps and such

gomichaelkgo:

i doubt theres a cell tower in or near NH?
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Global Posts
    291 Global Posts
    Yeah, I noticed that the vision connection will stay on for hours and hours. glad to see they fixed it.