View Poll Results: How long did it take to provision Vision on your T600?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still waiting...

10 12.82%
  • Over a week

0 0%
  • Between 4-6 days

2 2.56%
  • Between 2-3 days

4 5.13%
  • Less than 1 day

62 79.49%
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Seem like Sprint is having major problems getting people connected....some people have been waiting over one week! How about you?
    actually it only took about 20 mins.
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    15 minutes....max!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
  4.    #4  
    Originally posted by imageone
    actually it only took about 20 mins.
    Consider yourself very fortunate.

It was like that on my T300.

But now with the T600, it's like the Energizer Bunny...still going....over 7 days, and still can't provision phone. Sprint tech 2 points out "catastrophic" failures within their system.

Geez, if my company had service problems for seven days with any of our customers (barring nationwide disaster), I'd be out of business.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by chazglenn3
    15 minutes....max!

Where did you get your T600 from?
    HS? A Sprint Store? Seems like it's affecting certain batches of phones.
    Provision Vision ... sounds like schoolhouse rock
    15 minutes and I was surfing. This weekend they did upgrade the provisioning servers (they did the same S*** last year) and provisioning now seems to be a hit or miss prop.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by tmc19108
    15 minutes and I was surfing. This weekend they did upgrade the provisioning servers (they did the same S*** last year) and provisioning now seems to be a hit or miss prop.

It's amazing how unbelievable crappy they are when it comes to their systems.

Are other carriers this bad?

Consistency is the hallmark of any system, and they can't seem to get that right.
    I think my phone was automatically setting up less than ten minutes after I hung up with the Sprint CSR! looking at the poll tells me they are not having much of a problem!
    I received my 600 from Sprint last Monday afternoon. That night I tried to provision Vision and got Error 67 and Unknown Error, so I shut it down and went to bed. I got up Tuesday morning and I was provisioned with no errors at all in 5 minutes.
    Originally posted by mikec

It's amazing how unbelievable crappy they are when it comes to their systems.

Are other carriers this bad?

Consistency is the hallmark of any system, and they can't seem to get that right.
    I don't understand how you can make this comment? "how unbelievability crappy they are when it comes to their systems". That's a garbage statement! If anything, Sprint has a stellar system, but like any complex system, there will be some errors, and some people will have some issues. Looking at the Poll, there is a 90% rate of people connecting in less than a day just fine. That's a pretty good percentage! The only thing that Sprint has really suffered from is poor CS and less coverage than other national carriers like Verizon. But with those, they are going away with Time. Sprint is working hard to bring its customers the best phones and the fastest network (and at the lowest prices!). Who else has the T600 right now? That's right, NO ONE. I know that the network is far from Perfect, but my experience so far has been a great one. And considering all the great phones you can get with Sprint, it's a great setup.
  12.    #12  
    Originally posted by zoomer777
    I think my phone was automatically setting up less than ten minutes after I hung up with the Sprint CSR! looking at the poll tells me they are not having much of a problem!
    Well, we'll let the poll runit's ninety days and see.

I'm very happy for those of you that had no problems....it was like that with my T300. By this time around, it's forever....I think there are others in this boat...they just haven't seen the thread yet.
    Not that this poll is "conclusive" since only 10 people have voted so far.
    I think it would be interesting to know what method people use to activate their phone? Did you use the internet, 800 number, or dial *2 with their new phone? I have never been able to use the internet method (though I have tried). I always got a "call this 800 number" to activate message. So, I always use *2. I have never called the 800 number.
    Yeah!!
  16.    #16  

I don't understand how you can make this comment? "how unbelievability crappy they are when it comes to their systems". That's a garbage statement! If anything, Sprint has a stellar system, but like any complex system, there will be some errors, and some people will have some issues. Looking at the Poll, there is a 90% rate of people connecting in less than a day just fine. That's a pretty good percentage! The only thing that Sprint has really suffered from is poor CS and less coverage than other national carriers like Verizon. But with those, they are going away with Time. Sprint is working hard to bring its customers the best phones and the fastest network (and at the lowest prices!). Who else has the T600 right now? That's right, NO ONE. I know that the network is far from Perfect, but my experience so far has been a great one. And considering all the great phones you can get with Sprint, it's a great setup.

Zoomer,
    As a 7 year Sprint customer, and familair with wireless tech and telcos (and the systems that support them), I think Sprint has some great tech. I agree that they have a good pricing model, and have always found their coverage pretty good (better than Verizon in the SF area). And yes, the speed of the data network is nice.

However, all this praise does not excuse their performance of late. Specifically, of late, their execution sucks. Period.

(Their CS has always been lame...I shared a call center operation with them, and they had the lowest negotiated response times...they do it to be cheap, period. There is no illusion in Sprint that they are good at customer service. They readily admit it is poor, or at parity with other carriers).

How can the authentication server be down for three days..."it won't be fixed until Monday" is just unacceptable for a co like Sprint. And then, problem after problem with basic login server issues. Very amatuerish for a large company.

They can pinpoint every device on their network. The system should work consistently and quickly (which it does not).

The poll is non-scientific, and if it stays are 90% after say, 1000 votes, I'd still consider that horrendous. (what if your bank only got 90% of you transaction right? Or the airlines? Or 911?)
    99.999% is the mark they should be executing to, especially with the cash they generate, and resources available.

As I noted in another thread, I was going to switch my company over to Sprint later this month...a $1.2M (yes, big M), revenue stream for them, but this is showing that they have some serious issues to resolve, so I've decided to pull that off the table, much to the dismay of some sales reps. It's one thing for me to put up with this crap, but I couldn't have my employees dealing with this.

Like I said, I'm happy for those of you that had zero problems, but this is a bigger issue within Sprint. Given the market theory, it must suck as bad at ATT, Cingular, Verizon, and T-Mobile, but I don't know.
  17.    #17  
    I think it would be interesting to know what method people use to activate their phone? Did you use the internet, 800 number, or dial *2 with their new phone? I have never been able to use the internet method (though I have tried). I always got a "call this 800 number" to activate message. So, I always use *2. I have never called the 800 number.
    I've always done *2.

No problem activating voice, or vision before now.
    That's just it, almost every wireless carriers have issues... and I agree that Sprint is the not that good at resolving issues in a timely manner (from what I have read). I just simply have not had any problems that needed resolving. If I had a big contract to provide cellular service, I don't know where I would go without being hesitant in any direction - it depends on your company's needs (more coverage, faster data, the right phones, etc). Lots of people have been impressed with my powerful use of Sprint phones while on the road (and they want to know how to get it!), so I think Sprint would offer some great services for corporate/small business use! I am going to be interested as I head to business in New Mexico next week to see how my 600 performs.
    Almost instant! Within a minute. I swapped esn #s from my Treo 300, so I don't know if that had anything to do with it, but the moment I hung up the phone I tried it and it was working and has been working ever since.
    Less than ten minutes. In fact, vision was working correctly before my voice services were.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast