View Poll Results: How long did it take to provision Vision on your T600?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still waiting...

    10 12.82%
  • Over a week

    0 0%
  • Between 4-6 days

    2 2.56%
  • Between 2-3 days

    4 5.13%
  • Less than 1 day

    62 79.49%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 61 to 80 of 86
  1. #61  
    Originally posted by miket2937
    always just error 67

    Mike
    you're ok then...
    67 is when it has not been provisioned yet.
    our error sucks because it does not have a number.
    andres
  2. #62  
    Looks like we've got some serious Giant and/or Cubs fans at Sprint!

    Provisioning? Maybe next year.
  3. #63  
    Ok just got off the phone with Sprint. I spoke to a tech named 'Johnny' who was extremely helpful. He asked me a few questions about my errors, phone, etc. I mentioned to him that "I was in the South Florida area", and that I knew from looking at an online forum that others in the area have had the same type of problems for a few days now.

    He told me that my account info/username existed in the network, but that there was a 'service alert' open for the entire market. He said they didn't have an ETA for this repair to be completed, but once they had their network issues resolved, we'd all be able to sign right away. He suggested we try a once or twice a day.

    He also asked me how I knew that others had the problem, and I told him about this site, and its forum.

    So there we go. We're stuck waiting until Sprint fixes things on their end.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
  4. #64  
    sorry to break peoples hearts,
    but finally got in....
    ups... but wait.....
    damn....
    none of pages load up...
    i have now the grey arrows. but can not load up pages


    turn off the wireless
    went back in and get the same "unknown error"
    andres
  5. #65  
    Originally posted by afcuadros
    sorry to break peoples hearts,
    but finally got in....
    ups... but wait.....
    damn....
    none of pages load up...
    i have now the grey arrows. but can not load up pages
    Did it pass through provisioning successfully or just go straight to the browser screen? I've hit the browser screen (by accident) before without successfully provisioning and was never able to hit a site as well.
  6. #66  
    Originally posted by lfnusa


    Did it pass through provisioning successfully or just go straight to the browser screen? I've hit the browser screen (by accident) before without successfully provisioning and was never able to hit a site as well.
    i don't know....
    i just saw that i was at the browser page and saw the grey arrows..... but then couldn't load anything
    andres
  7. #67  
    Originally posted by Deacon
    ..... 'service alert' open for the entire market.
    Deacon, did he mean the South Florida market specifically or the entire network?
  8. #68  
    Originally posted by lfnusa


    Deacon, did he mean the South Florida market specifically or the entire network?
    His exact words were "a service alert open for the Miami market."

    So I guess Miami = South Florida (in case any of you are in Broward and having problems.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
  9. #69  
    Originally posted by Deacon
    His exact words were "a service alert open for the Miami market."
    Cool...hope they resolve it quickly. thanks!
  10. doug0365's Avatar
    Posts
    57 Posts
    Global Posts
    60 Global Posts
    #70  
    I'm having the same problem as the rest of you guys in south florida.. I'm from miami and I got my phone this morning around 11 charged it for a bit and had it activated. The sprint lady told me that there was a delay in the provision process and that it would take 8-24 hours.. I've been trying every 30 minutes and still no go!!

    Oh well have to be patient like the rest
  11. #71  
    Originally posted by doug0365
    I'm having the same problem as the rest of you guys in south florida.. I'm from miami and I got my phone this morning around 11 charged it for a bit and had it activated. The sprint lady told me that there was a delay in the provision process and that it would take 8-24 hours.. I've been trying every 30 minutes and still no go!!

    Oh well have to be patient like the rest
    so it is up to 7 sofla people?

    hmmm

    i am going to make a new thread for this specific problem
    andres
  12. #72  
    Thanks for the post Doug. Continues to confirm we SoFla's are all still in the same boat.
  13.    #73  
    Originally posted by Deacon
    Ok just got off the phone with Sprint. I spoke to a tech named 'Johnny' who was extremely helpful. He asked me a few questions about my errors, phone, etc. I mentioned to him that "I was in the South Florida area", and that I knew from looking at an online forum that others in the area have had the same type of problems for a few days now.

    He told me that my account info/username existed in the network, but that there was a 'service alert' open for the entire market. He said they didn't have an ETA for this repair to be completed, but once they had their network issues resolved, we'd all be able to sign right away. He suggested we try a once or twice a day.

    He also asked me how I knew that others had the problem, and I told him about this site, and its forum.

    So there we go. We're stuck waiting until Sprint fixes things on their end.

    Yes, we are stuck. It's a national issue; it just tends to be clustered around certain devices and phone numbers.

    I think the SoFla folks are just the vocal ones ;-)

    I have a question: was your Treo your first Sprint phone, or did you switch from another device? What type of device? Did it have vision or not?

    Just trying to do a little deduction here...I think there may be a pattern that Sprint is overlooking.
  14. #74  
    Recieved T600 this morning, charged for 4 hours and have been waiting all afternoon for it to provision. Sprint CSR told me that there are no problems with system today, but another CSR advised me that it would take up to 4 hours to provision a vision phone. I live in hot, hot, hot Arizona.
  15. #75  
    As I posted elsewhere,

    I have had the phone for 4 days with no luck and numerous calls and attempts at a fix with tech guys,,, now.....

    I just got off the phone with a tech guy for 45 minutes, trying everything including a hard reset of my phone (which I knew wouldn't work, but figured I synched at work before I came home). In the end he gave up, put me with customer service and they are sending me another phone. From all your posts, now I am thinking that may be a waste of time. We will see......
    GO MARLINS!!!!
  16. #76  
    hey folks :

    It turns out that Sprint offers a 90-day money-back guarantee on all phone purchases, including the Treo600. If you want to return it, you can.

    That is, according to the place I got mine from (treo600.net)

    Luckily, I have not had the Vision provisioning problems everyone else has.


    "Size matters not"
  17. #77  
    I'm in NV so I did not have the problems that the SoFla people are having.
    But when I called Sprint PCS to activate my phone, the CSR told me to leave the phone Off for 4 hours.
    Then when I turned it On 4 hours later, I was able to make voice calls. And then when I tried to use the Web app, it did some kind of update for a couple of minutes and then I was online.

    I don't know if leaving the phone On or Off will have any affect on provisioning.

    Jerry
  18. #78  
    Did it today and the whole thing took less than 5 minutes from calling sprnt pcs to getting a phone call and having the internet work.
  19. #79  
    After activating (I dialed *2 from my Treo600) I started charging the phone. After it started charging, I opened the browser and it went through it's motions without a problem. Less than ten minutes.
    Just because you're paranoid it doesn't mean they're not out to get you.
  20. #80  
    Sad. In the middle of my movie ('Kill Bill'), I pulled out my t600 to see if it would finally provision. No luck. Hopefully sometime tomorrow we'll be up.

    I live in Miami. I wonder if I drove my phone up to Ft Lauderdale would it provision??

    I'm not that desperate to try...am I?!?
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Posting Permissions