View Poll Results: How long did it take to provision Vision on your T600?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still waiting...

10 12.82%
  • Over a week

0 0%
  • Between 4-6 days

2 2.56%
  • Between 2-3 days

4 5.13%
  • Less than 1 day

62 79.49%
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by afcuadros

Deacon you can change your signature now
    I will call later tonight when i get home if i have nothing to do... it is just frustrating that you pay all that money and can't get it to work... anyone calling and talking to tear 2 techs, please mention that you have several "friends" in the area that are having the same fatal "unknown error"

Hahahaha!! Yeah let me change my sig right now.

It sounds silly, but I was hoping Vision would be set up so I'd have something to do in the theater while I wait for my movie to start later tonight (AMC Sunset Place for all the S.FL people here). Maybe I'll follow your lead and call and bother the Sprint techs instead.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    The tier 2 tech reps that I spoke with yesterday were not aware of the "unknown error" problem let alone the fact that a number of people in South FL are having the same problem.

Does anyone know if the problem has been elevated to a status where they are talking about it at Sprint and trying to figure out a solution? Has anyone pointed them to this board so that they can see it is not an isolated problem?
    marlinsfan, yes I think this issue has been elevated at Sprint. The rep I spoke with said they think it's a SoFla thing and hope to have it resolved shortly. I asked if he thought...by Monday...he said most likely sooner. Wouldn't hurt for Deacon to call and stress the SoFla thing though.
    we have what? 5 now? each one should call and mention the sofla connection (aren't we always in the limelight).

i tried about every hour to connect. if any of us 5 connect let everyone else know.

anyone has the names of the tier 2 techs they talked to?
    andres
    Originally posted by afcuadros
    anyone has the names of the tier 2 techs they talked to?
    Didn't catch the name of my rep. Wish I did, he was the one who was aware of the Fl issue. He said they've been getting a lot of "Unknown Errors" from the 305 area code. I'm 954, but I would assume it's the same provisioning network for all of us. I really hope they are working on this.
    I am another South Florida person getting the unknown error. I received my phone on Wed, Oct 15 and had voice service immediately after activating with the CSR over the phone (around 4:00pm). Still no luck on the provisioning- which I am afraid I do not understand what it means coming from a T-Mo Treo 270.
    I think they're making progress! I'm now getting the 67 error, never got that before (sad that I'm getting excited about a different error). Be careful with this one, I think I read on other posts in the past that each time you get this error it locks your account out for 20 minutes (cumulatively). I read on another that one user who got this error, left his phone alone until the next morning and it started working. Anyone else in SoFla getting the 67 error now (4:15pm) or had it go through successfully?
    Actually I thought that was normal, as I just started trying to provision today. I've been getting the 67 error, AND the error unknown since 12:30pm today (which is when I activated my phone).

I'm gonna call Sprint now, and ask about the S.Florida thing. I'll update shortly.
    Deacon
    T700p <-- 600
    Deacon, I've had mine since Wednesday and this is the first time I got the 67 error. Don't know what to think now.
    Wait...my mistake. I double checked the errors, and wrote them down so I could tell the tech exactly what I see. I seem to alternate between:

1) I get to the "Preparing Vision Services' screen, with the blue progress bar. It always quits out after 1 min or so with 'unknown error'.

or

2) Without going to the progress bar screen, it shows a small alert box that says "Error 3000: Data Service Unavailable".

I haven't gotten Error 67 yet that I can remember (I thought the Error 3000 box was the Error 67 box).

Anyway, I suppose I should stop trying every 5 min
    Deacon
    T700p <-- 600
    Originally posted by Ken505
    I am another South Florida person getting the unknown error. I received my phone on Wed, Oct 15 and had voice service immediately after activating with the CSR over the phone (around 4:00pm). Still no luck on the provisioning- which I am afraid I do not understand what it means coming from a T-Mo Treo 270.
    the specific problem is getting "unknown error"
    not #67 or #3000
    which error are you having?
    andres
    Originally posted by lfnusa
    I think they're making progress! I'm now getting the 67 error, never got that before (sad that I'm getting excited about a different error). Be careful with this one, I think I read on other posts in the past that each time you get this error it locks your account out for 20 minutes (cumulatively). I read on another that one user who got this error, left his phone alone until the next morning and it started working. Anyone else in SoFla getting the 67 error now (4:15pm) or had it go through successfully?
    4:32pm just tried it.... i get the little hands shaking, established then the progress bar, gets stuck and then the unknown error.
    andres
    I've always gotten either the 3000 error or Unknown Error since the 15th. At 4:15pm I got the 67 Error for the first time. Now, I'm getting the Unknown Error again....crap.....thought they were making progress.
    I am able to sign on and connect. The Treo then looks like the phone is being provisioned with a scrolling activity bar. After 45 seonds, the connection ends. I then get an answer saying "An error has ocurrced. If the problem persists, please contact sprint."
    Originally posted by Deacon
    I'm gonna call Sprint now, and ask about the S.Florida thing. I'll update shortly.
    Deacon, did you ever call Sprint? If so, what did they tell you about the SoFla thing. I think it's good for them to hear from other Fl users...it reinforces the issue. I've already mentioned it in my last call.
    Central Florida, Satellite Beach, 321 area code, got error 67 for about 4 hours, then about 8 last night "provision complete". Seems to work fine.

Mike
    Originally posted by Ken505
    I am able to sign on and connect. The Treo then looks like the phone is being provisioned with a scrolling activity bar. After 45 seonds, the connection ends. I then get an answer saying "An error has ocurrced. If the problem persists, please contact sprint."
    Ken, that's the "Unknown Error" we're all getting. Welcome to the club! We should all take a road trip to Atlanta, provision there, and come back. Ha, Ha....
    Originally posted by miket2937
    Central Florida, Satellite Beach, 321 area code, got error 67 for about 4 hours, then about 8 last night "provision complete". Seems to work fine.

Mike
    but did you get the "unknown error" before?
    andres
    always just error 67

Mike
    Just got the 67 error again 4:46pm.
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast