View Poll Results: How long did it take to provision Vision on your T600?

Voters
78. You may not vote on this poll
  • Still waiting...

10 12.82%
  • Over a week

0 0%
  • Between 4-6 days

2 2.56%
  • Between 2-3 days

4 5.13%
  • Less than 1 day

62 79.49%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Originally posted by jrothstein
    Less than ten minutes. In fact, vision was working correctly before my voice services were.
    When did you provision data? Everyone please list the date you provisioned. Sprint's saying there's a huge provisioning backlog for the last few days. Has anyone provisioned recently?
    Switched from t300 to t600 at about 4:30 PM CST yesterday, the 16th of October.

Phone provisioning took about half an hour. Vision took about 4 hours.
    FedX delivered on 10/10/03...2:30pm......I was fully charged and provisioned by 6pm. WHile it was charging up...I called Sprint and had had them do their thing!!!

IGo
    Last edited by IGoDwnTwn34; 10/17/2003 at 12:58 PM.
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    Originally posted by Doug Hillman
    Switched from t300 to t600 at about 4:30 PM CST yesterday, the 16th of October.

Phone provisioning took about half an hour. Vision took about 4 hours.
    Cannot believe this! Sprint is full of it! They said there is a huge provisioning backlog, which is why I haven't provisioned since the 15th. Thanks for your post...something else must be going on.

Everyone, please post the date you got your 600 and the date it successfully provisioned for data. Thanks!
    Originally posted by lfnusa

Cannot believe this! Sprint is full of it! They said there is a huge provisioning backlog, which is why I haven't provisioned since the 15th. Thanks for your post...something else must be going on.

Everyone, please post the date you got your 600 and the date it successfully provisioned for data. Thanks!
    I got mine yesterday to replace another treo 600 which was working fine. phone was up about and hour later and i get the fatal unknown error! i have called several times and they say that they had backlogs since this weekend and it takes an average of 8 -9 hours.
    andres
    4 days and counting, and I have little hope for any change in the near future...........

GO MARLINS!!!!
    Received my phone Oct 15th, called for activation at 5:50 PM EST, and Voice and Data were provisioned by 6:20 PM EST
    Originally posted by caneguy
    4 days and counting, and I have little hope for any change in the near future...........

afcuadros and caneguy,

I'm from South FL as well! A little strange that all 3 of us cannot provision from here and others have within the last few days from other parts of the country. Anyone else from Florida have trouble (or succeeded in) provisioning for data in the last few days?
    I will post this as a new topic as well --
    FedEx guy dropped phone off at 1:50 pm.
    Started charging at 2:05 pm.
    Called SPCS while it was charging.
    By 2:20 pm phone and Vision both working perfectly - called the phone and it rang and browsed the web.
    It actually started the provisioning cycle while I was still chatting with the Sprint CSR and she had just said to allow at least 1 to 2 hours.

All in all, switching ESN's was a breeze.
  10.    #30  
    Originally posted by lfnusa

Again, they have serious execution problems.

I've heard the same thing...but new people are being provisioned.

Lots of bad communication going on....
    This is a sofla thing uh?!
    this unknown error sucks... i rather get the #67 and #3000
    andres
    I am in South Florida and I am having the same problem. I get the "unknown error" message when the phone attempts to configure for vision services. I have had this error message since the 15th.
    Originally posted by marlinsfan
    I am in South Florida and I am having the same problem. I get the "unknown error" message when the phone attempts to configure for vision services. I have had this error message since the 15th.
    We now have 4 sofla people...
    andres
  14.    #34  
    Originally posted by caneguy

Welcome to the multi-day club...

Yes, and go Marlins.
    Originally posted by marlinsfan
    That makes 4 of us from South FL, all with the same error in the last few days. I'm on the phone with them now, I'll keep you updated. Other's please keep posting your dates received and provisioned for data.
  16.    #36  
    Originally posted by afcuadros

We now have 4 sofla people...
    It's not a geographic thing...it's device/phone number specific.

There are people in all areas who are SOL, while others work like a breeze.
    Just got off the phone with Sprint's tier 2 support. The rep said they've received a lot of calls specifically from South Florida and are investigating if there is some local problem.
    Another S.FL person here. I just got my phone today.

I called sprint to set up and switch my service to my Treo around 12:30pm. Phone service worked immediately after I did the setup process with the CSR. Vision is still giving me a "Unknown error" message after 2 hrs.

I'll keep trying and update as necessary.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Originally posted by Deacon
    Another S.FL person here. I just got my phone today.

I called sprint to set up and switch my service to my Treo around 12:30pm. Phone service worked immediately after I did the setup process with the CSR. Vision is still giving me a "Unknown error" message after 2 hrs.

I'll keep trying and update as necessary.
    Deacon you can change your signature now
    I will call later tonight when i get home if i have nothing to do... it is just frustrating that you pay all that money and can't get it to work... anyone calling and talking to tear 2 techs, please mention that you have several "friends" in the area that are having the same fatal "unknown error"
    andres
    Hello Deacon,

Yes, voice on my phone also worked almost immediately, but the Vision's been down (with "Unknown Error" or "Error 3000") since the 15th. Hopefully, now that Sprint is looking into the South Florida connection, things should be resolved shortly.
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast