1.    #1  
    I just received my Tre 600. Has anyone changed from the Verizon Kyocera 7135 to the Treo? Any conflicts or problems? (I am concerned about the desktop Palm software....when I switched from a Sony Clie to the 7135 I had major software conflicts)
    Do not sync using your old username. Make a new username and sync only your contacts and calendar. Then, add whatever programs you want manually via hotsync.
  3.    #3  
    Is there no way to just hotsync my old data to the new phone and keep my user name? All my software apps have my user name in the reg. code. Thanks for the help!
    You could delete the username and then create a new user with the same name. That should work.
    Originally posted by rcyphermd
    Is there no way to just hotsync my old data to the new phone and keep my user name? All my software apps have my user name in the reg. code.
    I had no problem -- kept my user name, installed new Palm Desktop software as recommended, and it went fine.

It did find two apps that might not be compatible with Palm OS5 so I opted not to transfer them, as recommend. Later, I installed them and they're running okay, just no stylus-free nav for them.

I sync with Outlook XP -- don't know if that has any bearing on the matter.

Best,