Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    anyone else with a T600 try this yet?
    There are a few other threads that discuss the graffiti issue. Graffiti Anywhere's latest version works on the 600. Be sure to read the instructions about activating it. GA uses the Graffiti 2 character set which is slightly different than the old graffiti set used by Recoecho.
    Zane
    I tried newpen. It worked but then my speed\dial didn't ring until i deleted newpen.
    Maybe the solution to activating GA is so obvious to other users, but I'm baffled. I just downloaded the latest version, 1.4.4, but I can't get it to work. I've selected "Enable", but the activation folder on it leaves me quite befuddled. What's all the choices under "Method" and "Button" mean. Isn't there a way to have it always active, like Grafitti was? Is there a difference between enable and activation?
    Any basic instructions on how to get this program to work for me would be appreciated. Grafitti has always been my preferred way of imputting text. RecoEchoPlus was an ideal replacement on the 300 and I'm doggedly searching for its equal. Jot, NewPen, and TealScript either don't work at all, or only poorly if they do.
    Thanks, Ken
    Originally posted by Ken Haynes
    Maybe the solution to activating GA is so obvious to other users, but I'm baffled. I just downloaded the latest version, 1.4.4, but I can't get it to work. I've selected "Enable", but the activation folder on it leaves me quite befuddled. What's all the choices under "Method" and "Button" mean. Isn't there a way to have it always active, like Grafitti was? Is there a difference between enable and activation?
    There is a difference between activation and enable. It is shut down and will never recognize graffiti if it is 'disabled'. Once it is enabled, there are different ways to activate it within applications. I set my activation method (on my 270) as long press toggles on and off, and set the button to the jog. Then, when I need graffiti, I press and hold the jog until the screen flashes. Graffiti is then active... It remains active until I either leave the application or I press and hold the jog again.

There does not seem to be a way for it to be active all the time, although it looks like you can make it automatically active in certain applications. I have not yet tried that feature yet.

Hope this helped.

Any basic instructions on how to get this program to work for me would be appreciated. Grafitti has always been my preferred way of imputting text. RecoEchoPlus was an ideal replacement on the 300 and I'm doggedly searching for its equal. Jot, NewPen, and TealScript either don't work at all, or only poorly if they do.
    Thanks, Ken
    Originally posted by Ken Haynes
    Thanks, Ken
    GraffitiAnywhere has been updated to 1.4.5 version wich is perfectly optimize for the tre600!
    Is newpen like Jot.
    Graffiti is ok but I really like jot.
    Any ideas
    Olac, Thanks for the info. it still has the auto-cap issue, but I still love it. I sent the owner some $$ via paypal

DarkFox, Look HERE, for more info on this...
    Originally posted by zvandiver
    Has anyone tried RecoEcho+? Does it work with OS5? I used it on my 300, but haven't had a chance to try it on the 600.
    Zane
    reccoecho crashed my 600
    I have a Problem with GA that I couldn't find any info till now.
    GA seems to write single letters big like BIG without me wanting it to. Is it a problem of my writing? I also do not see the arrow up which would indicate me that caps is on.
    Something else which isn't such a big deal but would be fine can you change the digits to the left and the letters to the right field of the screen as right handed I usualy block the view to the screen when writing which is sometimes annoying.

thx

RobertTreo
    bump
    Originally posted by Roberttreo
    bump
    Why?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    440 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Roberttreo
    I have a Problem with GA that I couldn't find any info till now.
    GA seems to write single letters big like BIG without me wanting it to. Is it a problem of my writing? I also do not see the arrow up which would indicate me that caps is on.
    Something else which isn't such a big deal but would be fine can you change the digits to the left and the letters to the right field of the screen as right handed I usualy block the view to the screen when writing which is sometimes annoying.

thx

RobertTreo
    GA automatically capitalizes characters if the syrokes cross the centerline (like the old hack middlecapshack). Is that what you are doing? you can turn that off...
    Last edited by sbono13; 11/22/2003 at 01:39 AM.
    What does the word "bump" mean in the reply gfunkmagic gave to Roberttreo's post?
    Bump is just a perdson trying to bump it back to the top of the forum or have it on the "new Posts" again due to no answers or answers that didn't satisfy the poster.
    Anyone can help with the idea of changing the sides of the number and letter field? As I said as a right hand you block the view to the display as soon as you write.

Thx
    I installed newpen on both my Treo600 and Sumsung i300. I had no problems on the Samsung where it seems to be using grafiti 1. On the treo it is using grafiti2, but I can't get it to recognize i. I would apreciate any help since I have to decide quickly whether to return this or not.

I have had a similar problem with Graffiti Anywhere.
    Haven't tried Newpen (yet), but I've had problems with GA, too. Jot has worked perfectly. But I sure like the price of GA better. I'm still trying to decide whether I really need grafitti at all.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Originally posted by NYCortex
    I installed newpen on both my Treo600 and Sumsung i300. I had no problems on the Samsung where it seems to be using grafiti 1. On the treo it is using grafiti2, but I can't get it to recognize i. I would apreciate any help since I have to decide quickly whether to return this or not.

I have had a similar problem with Graffiti Anywhere.
    To get 'i', you need two separate strokes. A down stroke, followed by a right to left back slash (\) ABOVE the down stroke which you just made. I had huge problems making i until I read this somewhere.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12