Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Is there a program that will allow you to look at Jpegs that are placed in RAM and on SD cards? And also view the pictures taken by the camera? I have tried several and none I've found can view the pictures taken by the camera.

thanks
    Try Acid Image which lets you view imags from SD or ram...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic
    Try Acid Image which lets you view imags from SD or ram...
    Not sure why can't get it to work. All I see iis the words "Select image Groups:" at the top left of the screen. I have two pictures in ram that were taken with the T600 and they are not listed? Is there somthing I'm doing wrong?

Brian
    Originally posted by tarkwolf

Not sure why can't get it to work. All I see iis the words "Select image Groups:" at the top left of the screen. I have two pictures in ram that were taken with the T600 and they are not listed? Is there somthing I'm doing wrong?

Brian
    As far as i know, you can only browse internal images through the device's picture viewer (in the camera app).

No third party software can browse internal images, only images on an sd card. I'm trying the same thing with Splashphoto. Something about how the device stores images in a database and not as individual .jpgs until AFTER you move them from the device to an sd card.

Kind of sucks they did this proprietary format. But I bet someone will develop a hack to let you browse interal images soon.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by mo-bile

As far as i know, you can only browse internal images through the device's picture viewer (in the camera app).

No third party software can browse internal images, only images on an sd card. I'm trying the same thing with Splashphoto. Something about how the device stores images in a database and not as individual .jpgs until AFTER you move them from the device to an sd card.

Kind of sucks they did this proprietary format. But I bet someone will develop a hack to let you browse interal images soon.
    What program do you use to move photo's from RAM to the SD card?

thanks
    Originally posted by tarkwolf

What program do you use to move photo's from RAM to the SD card?

thanks
    The internal picture viewer!

Just click or highlight a photo you've taken, pull the menu down, and choose "move".

Then a box comes up and you can move or copy it and you select your sd card from the drop down box.
    If you open a new message in SnapperMail, open the attach file dialog, and tap the name of the file, it will open in PictureViewer whether on the card or not. Cumbersome, but functional.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by rasatter
    If you open a new message in SnapperMail, open the attach file dialog, and tap the name of the file, it will open in PictureViewer whether on the card or not. Cumbersome, but functional.
    Are you talking about pictures taken by the treo 600? I have a picture in ram and tried what you said, but could not find the picture name in the list of files to attach?
  9.    #9  
    Originally posted by rasatter
    Thats great now we just need a program that allows you to move/copy/delete the same way. By selecting and clicking.

It is proprietary for good reason: DRM. However, there is an API that is included with the treo 600 sdk for working with pictures and the camera (the SDK is available with a free registration to their developer program).

H
    what does drm have to do with personal photos taken with this camera and my ability to access them? does any other digital cam store photos in a format like this?
    what does drm have to do with personal photos taken with this camera and my ability to access them?
    Nothing. But the camera is not the only way to get photos into the database.

does any other digital cam store photos in a format like this?
    No, but digital cameras don't run palm os either. Keep in mind that palm os does not have a ram based file system. So jpegs can't be stored in ram as simple files. The closest thing is a file stream.

Palmsource does not provide a standard means of storing jpegs in ram. If there was a standard, I suppose treo cam would probably have used it.

Someone mentioned that Acid Image can view images from RAM. I searched their website and found no mention of this anywhere. How does Acid Image store ram based images? I don't think it is fair to complain that treo cam does something home brewed when acid image doesn't publish its format either.

Does anyone know how the zire stores ram based pictures?

H
    Then what the Treo needs is an option to save a picture to another location after snapping it, rather than only to ram.

Seems to me it's just Sprint's way of trying to force you to pay for their picture sharing service and making you jump through hoops to move a picture from ram to an sd card. If the ability to move images from ram to a card is feasible, why isn't it feasible to save to an sd card or at least choose a different program to send a pic other than Sprints picture mail?
    Just save to the Memory card as a Default. Then all your troubles are over. When you are in the camera mode, in the top right corner, where the catagory is, you can select "card"

Thats It.
    Originally posted by ComicMasta
    Just save to the Memory card as a Default. Then all your troubles are over. When you are in the camera mode, in the top right corner, where the catagory is, you can select "card"

Thats It.
    My bad, thanks for clarifying!
    Originally posted by ComicMasta

Thats It.
    Minor addition: you can set the default location in Preferences of the camera app.
    Seems like you guys have been talking past each other - it been a most confusing post to follow - He he!

Thanks CosmicMasta and Mol for bringing some light to this thread.

Did you other guys ever play around with the Menus at all?
    have a look at myAlbum too www.toysoft.ca. very quickly viewer.
    Originally posted by smiley88
    have a look at myAlbum too www.toysoft.ca. very quickly viewer.
    I posted a review of 9 image viewers earlier today. I wasn't impressed by myAlbum.
    Originally posted by Mol

I posted a review of 9 image viewers earlier today. I wasn't impressed by myAlbum.
    I beg the differ. Maybe you didn't get into details and you mini review didn't say much. myAlbum is quick and small. Althought is doesn't have a conduit but who needs it. Its half the price of others. do you expect to include everything? The zoom and 360 degree is fast and the quality of the image is alot better when you zoom in. Of couse myAlbum doesn't really do xx zooms like the rest but does give good quality.
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast