Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Originally posted by mo-bile

As far as i know, you can only browse internal images through the device's picture viewer (in the camera app).

No third party software can browse internal images, only images on an sd card. I'm trying the same thing with Splashphoto. Something about how the device stores images in a database and not as individual .jpgs until AFTER you move them from the device to an sd card.

Kind of sucks they did this proprietary format. But I bet someone will develop a hack to let you browse interal images soon.
    Hey guys, I thought I should I should update ya'll with some cool info I just found. I was mistaken earlier about Acid image supporting images in ram, but not to worry....Apprantly the newest version of Reco Viewer does support image in ram taken by the Treo600 camera!! YIPEEEEEEEEE!! Check it out!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Originally posted by gfunkmagic

Hey guys, I thought I should I should update ya'll with some cool info I just found. I was mistaken earlier about Acid image supporting images in ram, but not to worry....Apprantly the newest version of Reco Viewer does support image in ram taken by the Treo600 camera!! YIPEEEEEEEEE!! Check it out!
    Well I just tried Resco and I must say I'm very impressed. The main screen give you a windows like file menu on the left from which you can scroll and view images in the various directories on your treo from the SD card to the Treo cam. The right side shows thumb images of your pics and it seems to generate them much faste than Acid Image. Overall, Resco seem like it probably may be the best image viewer I've ever tried! The only negative in comparison to Acid Image is the lack of native TIFF file support which may be important if you do any web based faxing from your Treo. The Resco Album generator does let you convert Tiff files on the desktop, but that wouldn't help you when you download Tiff attachments via email. In addition I would have love the ability to move images from the SD card back into ram. If the Treo picture app can convert .pdb image files (.jpg/.rab files packaged as Palm database), why can't an app like Resco convert the jpg back to a pdb? Anyway, hopefully a developer will come out with a soluton for this. Otherwise, for Treo camera support and nav-pad support, this is an incredible viewer imo!

Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions

In addition I would have love the ability to move images from the SD card back into ram. If the Treo picture app can convert .pdb image files (.jpg/.rab files packaged as Palm database), why can't an app like Resco convert the jpg back to a pdb? Anyway, hopefully a developer will come out with a soluton for this...
    Edit again!!!

I shouldn't have spoken soo soon. I know, I should have RTFM. I just found out that Resco has an inbuilt drop and drag feature which actually lets you move images from different folders and even from and to RAM!! SWEET!! The only problem is that it can't move images to the Treo Picture folder! Otherwise it can copy images to ram fine and covert them to pdb files! Damned this is soooooo close....If it could only move image to the Treo Picture folder and then it would have been perfect....alas I think this may have something to do with the lack of Treo600 camera API's?! Anyway, I'll email Resco and see if they have a solution.......

Originally posted by smiley88

I beg the differ. Maybe you didn't get into details and you mini review didn't say much. myAlbum is quick and small. Althought is doesn't have a conduit but who needs it. Its half the price of others. do you expect to include everything? The zoom and 360 degree is fast and the quality of the image is alot better when you zoom in. Of couse myAlbum doesn't really do xx zooms like the rest but does give good quality.
    Actually, I do write in my review that in general I don't like conduits for image viewers. So I can't agree more with you on the comment about conduits.

For the viewer itself, myAlbum is not a bad product but it doesn't excel in anything. If you're willing to pay for a viewer I'd definitely choose Resco for 20 bucks which is only 5 bucks more than myAlbum. Your "Half the price of the others" is probably referring to AcidImage?
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Then what the Treo needs is an option to save a picture to another location after snapping it, rather than only to ram.
    It does have this option. It does this. Sheesh. Are you sure you have a 600?

Anyway, I'll email Resco and see if they have a solution.......
    Well, I got their response with the answer I pretty much expected. They don't have support to add images to the Treo Picture folder in ram:

Hello,

what you suggest is a bit dangerous and against our policy. Generally we try to read foreign formats, but do not want to modify its contents. (Although often we could.) There are two reasons for this:
    - These formats are undocumented and we might have overlooked something what is not important for the reading, but the original SW might need it for its work.
    - They can change their format and we shall not know about it

Anyway, we are aware that we owe at least one additional improvement to the treo users: 5-way support. That should be ready still this year. If you know about more treo-oriented features that we could support, let us know, please.

With best regards,
    Jan Slodicka
    alenka@resco-net.com

###########################
    ###########################

Dear Sirs,

I have been trying your newset Resco Veiwer and would like to inquire if Resco photo viewer can move files from the SD card to the Treo Picture folder in Ram? I would like to to do this in order to use the Treo Picture share feature with images stored on the expansion card, and not just in Ram. Will there be an update to allow this in the future. Thank you and Sincerely,
    *sigh* Oh well...any thsi seems more of a PalmOne Treo issue than anything else. I suppose if they had released the camera API's this wouldn't be so much of an issue...

Well, I got their response with the answer I pretty much expected. They don't have support to add images to the Treo Picture folder in ram:

*sigh* Oh well...any thsi seems more of a PalmOne Treo issue than anything else. I suppose if they had released the camera API's this wouldn't be so much of an issue...
    Ok, I know it's called a Viewer, but how do you use these pics in the Resco Viewer besides just looking at them?

I just sent a bunch of pics over to the card to create more space on the Treo and now I want to e-mail a pic to someone from the card and do not see or can figure out how do do it. Please help, if you can.

Thanks.

P.S. I think it's a real bummer that you can't send the pics back to the Treo once they are on the card. Geez.
    "Everyday is a Gift, A Blessing, An Opportunity!" - GM

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    Originally posted by GeekyMom

Ok, I know it's called a Viewer, but how do you use these pics in the Resco Viewer besides just looking at them?

I just sent a bunch of pics over to the card to create more space on the Treo and now I want to e-mail a pic to someone from the card and do not see or can figure out how do do it. Please help, if you can.

Thanks.

P.S. I think it's a real bummer that you can't send the pics back to the Treo once they are on the card. Geez.
    If you want to email them as attachments, you'll need to use an email client like Snappermail to attach the files from the SD card. Simply select the pic and that's it. Which email client are you using?

Alos regarding Resco, you can also edit the pics slightly by changing the color depth, brightness etc. However, you cannot resize them...yet...

The camera APIs are released (imagelib.h in the handspring SDK). Every routine that the picture app uses, and a bunch that it doesn't use, is available to other developers.

A third party developer could create a *complete* replacement for the treo picture app. All of the hard work would be done for them, including saving and displaying pictures from the treo 600 picture database in RAM.

bigH

If you want to email them as attachments, you'll need to use an email client like Snappermail to attach the files from the SD card. Simply select the pic and that's it. Which email client are you using?
    I'm using HS email. So am I out of luck?

Phone history: Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo Centro, Pixi, Centro again, 800w, Treo 755p, Palm Pre
    I'm using HS email. So am I out of luck?
    After playing around with the HS email client, it seems you can only send attachments that are in ram and specifically from the Treo pic folder and midi library etc. This is great b/c no other email client AAIK allows you to access Treo pic directly! (it's no wonder that Sprint initially removed this app b/c it can easily bypass the picture mail service) However you probably will have to get another email client that supports various attachment formats on SD card like Snappermail etc...

Originally posted by bigH

The camera APIs are released (imagelib.h in the handspring SDK). Every routine that the picture app uses, and a bunch that it doesn't use, is available to other developers.

A third party developer could create a *complete* replacement for the treo picture app. All of the hard work would be done for them, including saving and displaying pictures from the treo 600 picture database in RAM.

bigH
    That's interesting bigH...now could you please tell that to the Resco folks?! Anyway, as you can read in their response above, they didn't want to allow this for whatever reasons. However, if you would like to create an app like this *HINT*, I think there would be lots of users interested!

After playing around with the HS email client, it seems you can only send attachments that are in ram and specifically from the Treo pic folder and midi library etc. This is great b/c no other email client AAIK allows you to access Treo pic directly! (it's no wonder that Sprint initially removed this app b/c it can easily bypass the picture mail service) However you probably will have to get another email client that supports various attachment formats on SD card like Snappermail etc...
    Thanks gfunk.

I checked with Snapper and read some of the manual and it seems that you need another app (Jpeg Watch Lite for an additional $19) to access the pics from the SD card. Am I reading this wrong or do you know if one would actually need this additional app for Snapper Lite?

Thanks.

FYI, myAlbum 2.2 will be out next week with standard industry AES 256bits encryption unlike resco (whatever they are using) it doesn't require you to setup the Palm security to encrypt your pictures.

also, myAlbum will allow you to save the current image (resized/zoomed) or the current screen as a jpg to the card. the first for any viewer. Its perfrect for Treo users who don't want to send large pictures. you easily zoom out on the picture and send the thumbnail version. typical 160x160 16bit color screen on the treo is about 10K-20K.

check it at www.toysoft.ca
    FYI, myAlbum 2.2 will be out next week with standard industry AES 256bits encryption unlike resco (whatever they are using) it doesn't require you to setup the Palm security to encrypt your pictures.

also, myAlbum will allow you to save the current image (resized/zoomed) or the current screen as a jpg to the card. the first for any viewer. Its perfrect for Treo users who don't want to send large pictures. you easily zoom out on the picture and send the thumbnail version. typical 160x160 16bit color screen on the treo is about 10K-20K.

check it at www.toysoft.ca
    So myAlbum will actually let you resize images on the Palm device natively?! That would be sooooooooooo cool if true! Wow I can't wait to try it out!

Thanks gfunk.

I checked with Snapper and read some of the manual and it seems that you need another app (Jpeg Watch Lite for an additional $19) to access the pics from the SD card. Am I reading this wrong or do you know if one would actually need this additional app for Snapper Lite?

Thanks.
    Snappermail Lite comes bundled with Jpegwatch Lite, so you don't have to purchase it separately. Also, you only need the Jpegwatch to open jpeg attachments that you recieve, not to attach them to emails. Finally, Snappermail allows you to open attachments with various other 3rd party apps you may have installed besides just Jpegwatch etc...

As far as i know, you can only browse internal images through the device's picture viewer (in the camera app).

No third party software can browse internal images, only images on an sd card.
    PDAPhoto ( http://www.mobilegeneration.com/soft..._Pocket_PC.php ) is perfect for viewing jpg in the Treo.

It segragates the photos by location...SD Card or Internal and by unlimited user defined groups.

There is an OS5 update that works perfectly...slideshows and all!
    Technology Rules!
    LauncherX
    MyToday
    Fileman
    BackupMan
    Great Combo!

So myAlbum will actually let you resize images on the Palm device natively?! That would be sooooooooooo cool if true! Wow I can't wait to try it out!
    I wouldn't say it resize the picture. the way myalbum works is it display the image to the screen size. You can then zoom in/out of the image to the max. of the full size. If the image is 320x320 then you can zoom in max 320x320 and then you scroll the image. myAlbum doesn't zoom in like resco or acidimage. this is the limitation.

once you zoom in or out you can save the image as a jpg to the card. its very handy if you just want to send thumbnail via email.

you can get 2.2 now. visit www.toysoft.ca

I wouldn't say it resize the picture. the way myalbum works is it display the image to the screen size. You can then zoom in/out of the image to the max. of the full size. If the image is 320x320 then you can zoom in max 320x320 and then you scroll the image. myAlbum doesn't zoom in like resco or acidimage. this is the limitation.

once you zoom in or out you can save the image as a jpg to the card. its very handy if you just want to send thumbnail via email.

you can get 2.2 now. visit www.toysoft.ca
    Oh ok. Yeah, I was hoping it could actually resize images on the handheld itself. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $PalmOS$ $image$ $editors$/$viewers$ $that$ $have$ $this$ $capability$ $and$ $that$ $is$ $why$ $I$ $was$ $so$ $excited$ $when$ $I$ $thought$ $myAlbum$ $might$ $have$ $this$ $feature$. $This$ $is$ $soo$ $valuable$ $b$/$c$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $separate$ $digicam$ $and$ $want$ $to$ $share$ $pics$ $via$ $your$ $Treo$, $or$ $want$ $to$ $upload$ $them$, $then$ $the$ $large$ $image$ $files$ $can$ $be$ $extremely$ $cumbersome$. $The$ $ability$ $to$ $natively$ $resize$ $and$ $crop$ $large$ $images$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $efficiently$ $upload$ $and$ $share$ $them$ $would$ $be$ $very$ $powerful$ $indeed$...

Oh ok. Yeah, I was hoping it could actually resize images on the handheld itself. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $there$ $are$ $no$ $PalmOS$ $image$ $editors$/$viewers$ $that$ $have$ $this$ $capability$ $and$ $that$ $is$ $why$ $I$ $was$ $so$ $excited$ $when$ $I$ $thought$ $myAlbum$ $might$ $have$ $this$ $feature$. $This$ $is$ $soo$ $valuable$ $b$/$c$ $if$ $you$ $have$ $a$ $separate$ $digicam$ $and$ $want$ $to$ $share$ $pics$ $via$ $your$ $Treo$, $or$ $want$ $to$ $upload$ $them$, $then$ $the$ $large$ $image$ $files$ $can$ $be$ $extremely$ $cumbersome$. $The$ $ability$ $to$ $natively$ $resize$ $and$ $crop$ $large$ $images$ $on$ $the$ $Treo$ $in$ $order$ $to$ $efficiently$ $upload$ $and$ $share$ $them$ $would$ $be$ $very$ $powerful$ $indeed$...
    Sorry I wasn't cleared in my earlier reply.

Yes! myAlbum can resize down the image or you can just capture the current screen and send it. It is very useful. Typyically I zoom in a picture and scroll in the area and then save the screen. its only 20K on treo for 160x160. If the picture is large I just select show to fit the screen and then save it and send it.

go and download it and play around with it and see if yourself www.toysoft.ca
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast