Global Posts
    419 Global Posts
    Now that we have a device that has an SD expansion, it would be nice to be able to load an app that registers with Blazer 3.0 so that we can download .zip files directly and decompress them.

I've tried several, but they all seem to want you to put the zip file on the SD card and then unzip them on the handheld. Anyone have a better option ? I though it was kind of ironic that anyone would post a download containing an unzip utility in .zip format.
    I don't know about blazer but I use Snappermail and LightNzip is awesome! the best I've foind
    You are right on that. I downloaded an email with a file update attached, installed it from the email and wow! it was great on the Treo 600. What a toy and what a tool. Ben

Originally posted by hav0k99
    I don't know about blazer but I use Snappermail and LightNzip is awesome! the best I've foind
    we need a .zip file installer really bad. i mean as it stands we can handle .zips, we just cant download them and that drives me nuts. so if i need an app or file, i have to go to a public computer, download the file, and email it to myself. what a pain in the a$$. simple.simple.simple...make it simple.
    Please do a search before complaining about a pain in your you know what. HandZipper will allow you to open zip files from blazer.
    not on my cdma 600 w/handzipper lite and blazer 3. if on yours, tell me how.
    Maybe you need the full version of HandZipper. Download a trial here. I'm using the same device as you and it works fine. After installing HandZipper, when you click on a zip file within Blazer, it asks you if you want to download. Say yes. Then click the Open button. Then it says do you want to accept it into HandZipper. Press the Yes button, and your good to go.
    I just downloaded handzipper, tried downloading a .zip file from a website, and it worked great! I immediately went to purchase it. That's the key missing app for my Treo IMO. Thanks for letting me know it was there!
    Originally posted by wcarlson40
    Maybe you need the full version of HandZipper. Download a trial here. I'm using the same device as you and it works fine. After installing HandZipper, when you click on a zip file within Blazer, it asks you if you want to download. Say yes. Then click the Open button. Then it says do you want to accept it into HandZipper. Press the Yes button, and your good to go.
    I have a trial version of Handzipper 1.1.2 installed on my 600. I tried downloading a zip file from Handango from Blazer but it didn't work. Got the error: "file format not currently supported. You will need to install an app which can read this file type if you would like to load it."

Is there any particular setup I have to do in Handzipper? I looked at HandWatch's site http://www.handwatch.com/handwatch/f...PalmHandZipper and there is no mention of the feature to directly download zip files from the handheld.

Please tell me how your 600 is setup and what version of HandZipper you are using?
    I didn't do anything special. I just read the forum message, went to the site, downloaded and installed the program on my treo, then surfed to a site and tried downloading a .zip file. It worked without any problems. Maybe try to uninstall and then re-install it.
    Originally posted by jloosli
    I didn't do anything special. I just read the forum message, went to the site, downloaded and installed the program on my treo, then surfed to a site and tried downloading a .zip file. It worked without any problems. Maybe try to uninstall and then re-install it.
    I re-installed HandZipper again and still no go. Got the same error. Are you sure you downloaded a zip file and not a prc file instead? What site and zip file did you download? I'd like to try it and see if I get the same results.
    I've actually been to a bunch of sites since downloading handzipper and I haven't had a problem yet. I went to a new site this morning www.isilo.com and downloaded their app without any problems. Maybe you can contact the developer with troubleshooting?

Just for reference, I downloaded the program originally from the handwatch site. I obviously installed handzipper from my computer, but since then, I've had no problems downloading zip files directly to my 600 and installing the palm databases found inside them right away.
    HandzipperLiter should be enough to do zip downloads, but you need to be sure that the the files actually end with .zip. I can't download from Handango, even though Handango uses zip and I can download zips from other sites. But since Handango uses a cgi url (with query params after the .zip), the treo browser doesn't seem to recognize the file type.
    Okay, I'm writing this from my Treo 600 and am very frustrated. PalmHandZipper looks like exactly what I need -- but there is absolutely no site on the web (at least that I can find) where I can download it to my Treo 600 directly -- without already having it installed.

It sounds like there are three guys that just don't yet have their act together for the new devices:
    1. Blazer is stupid and doesn't allow any override to accept apps and designate what to do with it. If it doesn't recognize it immediately, it throws it out.

2. Handango needs to remove those parameters after their zip files.

3. PalmHandZipper needs to have a PRC demo download. I don't have access to a PC now (isn't that the point of the Treo 600?) anL<