Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I don't want to sound a bit obsessed here but can some one tell me if I can do either of these two things on the T600 :

1) Can I NOT have my keyboard backlight go continually on & off when I'm just using the stylus on the screen. Is there any way to do this and therefore extend the batery life ?? There was a little utility called MLight but it doesn't do this apparently (according to the author)

2) Someone called me on the Treo yesterday and spoke for 30 mins. All I could think of during the (important) call was "why can't I turn the bloody screen off when I'm on a call". Can this be done ??

Apart from these things the Treo's pretty damned sexy.

Now if I could just get those ebooks to read to me...
    Originally posted by ravi
    I don't want to sound a bit obsessed here but can some one tell me if I can do either of these two things on the T600 :

1) Can I NOT have my keyboard backlight go continually on & off when I'm just using the stylus on the screen. Is there any way to do this and therefore extend the batery life ?? There was a little utility called MLight but it doesn't do this apparently (according to the author)

2) Someone called me on the Treo yesterday and spoke for 30 mins. All I could think of during the (important) call was "why can't I turn the bloody screen off when I'm on a call". Can this be done ??

Apart from these things the Treo's pretty damned sexy.

Now if I could just get those ebooks to read to me...
    I know what you mean about the screen light staying on while you are talikng on the phone. It is soooo irritating.

While driving at night I actually hold it backwards and upside down like a walkie talikie and use the speaker phone becacase the light bugs me so much. It should power down the light to 20% after the call is conected. Otherwise it is like taliking into a bright flashlight.

How did HS not catch this??????????

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich
    All the reason for a ROM upgrade, which I am sure will happen sometime. Until then, a 'backlightlight/screen' utility is agreat opportunity for some 3rd party developer...
    go to handsprings website and click feedback @ very bottom of the page and tell them abour your probs so thet can fix it in next update . . . don't rely on them reading this board.
    If PTunes can blank the screen, there's no reason a third-party app wouldn't be able to blank the screen during a call.
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    I emailed Handspring with a copy of my original post and this is the reply :

----------------
    Dear Ravi,

Thank you for contacting Handspring. You may either lock the keyboard light
    on or off by selecting the function key (all silver key) and the letter P.
    Unfortunately, the screen will remain on and have to stay on while you are
    on a phone call. Please continue to check back with us as we are always
    adding new products and services.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or call
    1-888-565-9393.

-----------------

I tried the Function P thing but all it does it to dim the screen a bit !
    Am I missing something here ?

I guess I'll have to give up.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Same here...Function + p dims the screen a bit and locks the keyboard backlights in the ON position. To turn it back to normal (i.e. the keyboard lights turn off after a few seconds) simply turn the screen off then on again.

Mike.
    or hit option+p again
    Treo 300, Treo 600 - Sprint

I dream in code and TCP/IP sequence numbers.
    Originally posted by ravi
    I emailed Handspring with a copy of my original post and this is the reply :

----------------
    Dear Ravi,

Thank you for contacting Handspring. You may either lock the keyboard light
    on or off by selecting the function key (all silver key) and the letter P.
    Unfortunately, the screen will remain on and have to stay on while you are
    on a phone call. Please continue to check back with us as we are always
    adding new products and services.

If you need further assistance please reply to this email or call
    1-888-565-9393.

-----------------

I tried the Function P thing but all it does it to dim the screen a bit !
    Am I missing something here ?

I guess I'll have to give up.
    This is a concrete example of what is wrong with Handsping. They just pass the buck.

Jake
    There is a great difference between knowing and understanding. You can know a lot about something without understanding it. —Charles Kettering
    -------------------------------------------------
    Treo 600: Love at First Sight by Jake Ehrlich

Thoughts on the Future of Handheld Computing: A 5 Part Series by Jake Ehrlich