Global Posts
    172 Global Posts
    Am I the only one left that ordered the 600 last thursday that is still frozen in awaiting shipping never never land? I am getting so tired of being scre?d by handspring. I bought my original for 500 then in May the lid broke and neither HS or Sprint would fix or replace it so it cost me another 500. Now I order the new 600 early and get put to the bottom of the shipping list. I am really beginning to believe that new technology is not worth all the crap one has to take.
    yea..I too am stuck been seeing that damn "Awaiting Shipment" since Monday morning!!..I am tempted to raise some hell. I mean you have people ordering two days ago and receiving it today..this is ridiculous....!
    I'm there as well.

I ordered mine as soon as I got up at 7am pacific time and saw the Treo600 was available for ordering.

Still awaiting shipment !
    Ordered 23:58CDT on 9 October 2003. Informed at order time of 5-7 day delay. This is day 7 (for another hour) and the order remains "Awaiting Shipment". On Tuesday, 14 October 2003 - when status changed from "Failed Order" to "Awaiting Shipment" HS Cust Svc said unit "will ship tomorrow". Nope. A call minutes ago to HS Cust Svc yielded the following:

HS: "We're trying to clear all of those out as fast as we can; there's no reason it shouldn't go out tomorrow [17 Oct]"
    me: "I would have more confidence in that statement if I hadn't been told on Tuesday that it would ship yesterday and if the 5 to 7 day delay window hadn't expired."
    HS: "It may have gone out already and be on a truck."
    me: "So you have no idea what the order status actually is?"
    HS: "I'm just saying it may already have shipped. When it has we will e-mail you with a tracking number and confirmation."
    me: "And since I have received neither of those, it sounds like it has not shipped. What do you suggest?"
    HS: "Wait 'til tomorrow and if you still haven't heard anything give us a call back and we'll look into it."

No, folks, I didn't make-up this exchange! Handspring apparently doesn't even trust its own tracking system and would rather encourage repeated calls (the better for someone ELSE to handle) than to troubleshoot a failed service committment.

Clearly HS was not fully prepared for this launch. That's understandable to me. But the dissembling, buck-passing and inaccurate data are not understandable, imho.

(also, fyi, the HS CSR collected my e-mail address unlike on previous calls)
    The ones that ordered last week and haven't received theirs yet all had different shipping address/billing address...I think handspring screwed up with their barcode scanning for shipping or something because that seeeeeeems to be the pattern...just trying to make sense of all this crap!!!
    One that I ordered last Thursday and received it exactly when I was told... today.

Everyone who is *****ing for waiting a few days after saving TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS on a phone needs to shut the hell up or else pay full price from Sprint and have it the next day.

Which is it going to be?
    One that I ordered last Thursday and received it exactly when I was told... today.

Everyone who is *****ing for waiting a few days after saving TWO HUNDRED DOLLARS on a phone needs to shut the hell up or else pay full price from Sprint and have it the next day.

Which is it going to be?