Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Sorry to say that while I enjoyed the fast lane that was the Treo 600 I called SPCS today and canceled my contract and the phone. I should have my return kit on Tuesday.

What I liked was the size, form factor, weight and integrated features.

What I didn't like was it is still stuck in the old Palm PIM world, camera is really bad (no matter what) some of the phone features like auto answer, voice recorder, voice recognition and last but not least the screen.

I know this was written to death, but the screen was the final straw. The LowRes was not the main issue, it was the lack of control on the screen brightness side. I noticed that even though you havea slider to control the brightness there really is just levels within it. The LoRes was too got to me it made me say is this my M505 on steroids with a phone.

I could look past alot of these things, SPCS was a good clear call everytime. BUT I was only getting 2 bars of strength most of the time, meaning a 10 minute call was eating up 10% of the battery.

Now the ugly part is returning all of the accessories I purchased. I really planned on keeping it and maybe in a year when PalmOne introduces a better T6xx with swappable battery, HiRes Screen and VzW I will bite.

Until then thanks for the fun and I will continue to lurk and see whats what. Just sad, disappointed and really frustrated that the SmartPhone market is laggin behind. There is no excuses for this, just none.

By the way I have a travel charger, unused for sale $15, I will pay shipping, Pay Pal is acceptable. If no email on this by noon tomorrow I will call HS for an RMA. All other accessories have been approved for return.
    very sorry to hear that . . . I'm loving mine and will not do without it. See you around in a year or so when the rumors of the next one start.

What i dont get is u knew all of those things that you are complaining about BEFORE the purchase. What gives?
    Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.

I love my Treo 600. Mine has the same flaws as yours, of course, but it's still the best thing out there.

After having the Treo 600 for even an hour, how can you go back to anything else? Treo 300? i500? They are all inferior now.

If you wait for the perfect instrument, you'll never enjoy the best that's available at the time.
    Originally posted by PalmMD
    BUT I was only getting 2 bars of strength most of the time, meaning a 10 minute call was eating up 10% of the battery.

Where do you get that 2 bars of strength eats up 10% of the battery in 10 mins?

This nonsense sounds more like someone trying to badmouth something to keep others from buying it instead of someone that has actually experienced and used the phone.
    So you're getting <2 hrs talk time?
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I figure this phone/PDA/smartwhatever should last 1-2 years (as my last Treo300 did). Usually, I look for about 3-4 years before obselescence in my computer. By that time, those tech-advances you and I want will be much more commonplace, and we'll be even happier with the technology evolution if not revolution, but we'll have another list of "10 things I hate" or if we're in a good mood that day "10 things I'd wish for"...

And I do wish for a bigger, high-res screen, and better reception, and more functional case, and a faster processor, and more memory, and webstreaming, and a 3MP camera, and a 5GB chip for mp3s, and a--and a--and a...

I think part of the pitfall of this board is that everyone likes to bring in their way-ahead-of-production dreams and/or beta/prototype version, and everyone gets high on what's "just around the corner" in a link someone posted from some webzine, only to find there's alway an achilles heel, an absent crucial feature, and that it seems to take a lot longer to get around the corner than we expected it would.

Buyer's remorse is always lurking. And the faster technology evolves, the quicker you are to note greener grass on the other side of the chip--even while it's just a press release to stir up stock shares.
    Finally, as someone posted somewhere here about a great device they liked, once you finally reach techno-geek nirvana...
    you're bored.

I hope you're happy with your choice not to choose.

But I say--look forward to a future so bright you gotta wear shades, but "carpe Treo 600"
    Sometimes it takes a little bit of time to fall in love with a new device. I am going through that right now with this here nokia 3650. Cool phone but it took me like 10 minutes to type this with T9.
    PalmMD:

If Palm ain't your thing, check out the P800...awesome phone! For Pocket PC, wait a month or so for the XDA II..looks great....oh yea, the P900 is coming VERY soon.
    What's all the Be-atchin about? I think maybe we're getting a little techno spoiled!
    This new Treo 600 has better Tech Specs than the $2700 Toshiba Satellite Pro laptop I bought new in 1996!
    Originally posted by TreoTheo
    Usually, I look for about 3-4 years before obselescence in my computer.
    For me, its 2 years-max. Based on your 3-4 year schedule, you would might still be using a windows 98 machine with a 6gb hard drive and 64-128mb of ram.
    i'm thinking 2 years and ill upgrade to the newest treo then . . . after using the 600 nothing else will do . . .

and to guy wanting us to buy m$ft phone . . . I won't buy one on principle . . . not to mention all m$ft products suck. just try an alternative for any of their products to see what I mean . . . innovation stops w m$ft becomes leader in anything
    I waited on the Treo 300, so look at how long I've been w/o.
    I'm glad I gave up my Sanyo4500, really, but the 600 sounds better, has better reception, and has vision... that's just the phone aspect. I really took a chance, cuz I need a reliable phone, first. I wish it had some more features, phone-wise, but maybe they will release a Phone 2.0?

I'd love to have the other features as well, but.. I gotta have SOMETHING now, and dont regret the choice.

"innovation stops w m$ft becomes leader in anything"
    and
    "If you wait for the perfect instrument, you'll never enjoy the best that's available at the time."

completely agree
    -Treo 600 on Sprint
    Originally posted by bbdwebz

For me, its 2 years-max. Based on your 3-4 year schedule, you would might still be using a windows 98 machine with a 6gb hard drive and 64-128mb of ram.
    I think I'm on my 4th year with a 1.4Ghz AMD with 256MB of Ram. I'm a software engineer too.
    I have a Athlon XP 1600 with 512 MB of RAM. I used to want to have the latest & greatest....now if it ain't broke don't fix it
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    <he says sheepishly... > PII 500 w/ 192 MB RAM
    Why do I get the feeling that this is a negative PRPRPR $plant$? $Purchased$ $lots$ $of$ $accessories$? $Hmm$...$gee$, $like$ $what$? $The$ $only$ $thing$ $you$ $can$ $get$ $is$ $a$ $car$ $charger$.
    jello
    PalmMD,
    You posted "Sorry: I Love the Treo, but its going back." Sounds to me like you don't love it afterall... Personally, I want one of those phones Crockett used in Miami Vice...
    Sure it is somewhat limited ad doesn't have every latest Palm OS feature, but what gets me is that not only is the screen low res, but it's also only 12 bit which is still much worse than the prism I had 2 years ago. Still I bought it anyway and can't wait to get home and try it out!
    Originally posted by scrinch
    <he says sheepishly... > PII 500 w/ 192 MB RAM
    Heh, PII 350 and 128 MB for me...
    Originally posted by bbdwebz
    Sorry to hear about your dissatisfaction.

I love my Treo 600. Mine has the same flaws as yours, of course, but it's still the best thing out there.

After having the Treo 600 for even an hour, how can you go back to anything else? Treo 300? i500? They are all inferior now.

If you wait for the perfect instrument, you'll never enjoy the best that's available at the time.
    I don't know about that, the i500 is the only smart phone, Palm OS or otherwise, that won't get you laughed out of the party when you pull it out.
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast