1.    #1  
    I had one phone and got this error, did everything under the sun and still got this error. Swapped the phone out, still get the error. My friend got a 600 and he gets this error....anyone else?

If you take a picture and save it. Then go into share it and click over to the "to" field and then click on then the lookup in contacts button and select a persons mobile phone or email does your phone automatically soft reset???? As far as I have seen it's 3 for 3? The only way to make it work we have seen is to export the address book as a csv, re import without touching a single field and once imported dont touch a field. This causes the field catgeories to get buggered up so it isn't a real fix but does make the lookup featue work.

If anyone can post wether or not that can indeed use the lookup contact feature to address sms or pictures I would appreciate. I have a feeling it is a wide spread issue.
    I have sent over 30pictures using that exact same message and have had absolutely no soft resets. I have had soft resets with other applications ive tried to convert from my 300.
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    I tired it and it worked just fine. I tired with both and email address and a phone number. It worked with both. No soft resets!
    John
    I tried one time and it worked fine.
    I found that if I make the default folder for pictures my SD Card, when I click SHARE I get a soft reset.

After changing it to elsewhere on the device it is fine.

Mike
    no problems here
    <body bgcolor="#ffffff">
    <p><font size="-2" color="#4684ff" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"><b>imageone</b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular"> &#x2022; current - <b>PowerBook G4 - Mac OS X - white iPod video 60GB - Treo 650 - 700p (Sprint)<br>
    </b></font><font size="-2" face="Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular">retired - Visor Deluxe - Visor Prism - Kyocera 6035 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Blackberry 7250</font></p>
    </body>
    I suspect your index file for sorting contacts is corrupt. This will cause this symptom and it can easily be fixed. The Contacts are sorted and the sort order is stored in a hidden file to enable quick lookups. If this file is corrupt, any lookup function will fail.

Go to Contacts. In the Options menu, choose Preferences. Now toggle the List By from whatever is selcted to the other option - Last name, first or First name, last. Then click OK. Now go back into the same dialog and change the option back. Your index file will have been remade.

I'll bet that fixes the problem for you.
    Global Posts
    411 Global Posts
    If I set the SD card as the default location and go to Share after saving the photo, I get a dialog error box that says this feature is not supported and to move the picture off the SD card.
    Jeff
  9.    #9  
    Well....maybe it isn't widespread the .

Tried the re-indexing and it didn't help. It is something about the way the contacts are being imported in from palm desktop, If I type in all my contacts by hand it works just fine...if I import things go nutty. I use intellisync but haven't heard that there are any issues with it and a 600. Not sure what sync conduit my buddy uses.........When trying to torubleshoot this the other day I went back to the standard hotsync method I think without Intellisync and still got the errors so I didn't think it was it. Hell maybe it is a USB issue...................Kinda depressing knowing its not the phone and more depressing not having any possible way to fix it !!!!

THANKS for everyons time and help. Atleast I know its me now ;/

Did you guys install the default apps it wants to install on the first hot sync?
    Maybe one of those apps that gets installed the first time you hot sync is causing this. I removed the splash stuff and the 2 games before syncing but didn't know what the oher stuff was since they had cryptic names and a quick google revealed nothing. Maybe if I axe all the default installs on the first sync this may go away?
  10.    #10  
    The apps were

WP_P2P
    SS_P2P
    HsSysResource
    HSTraceDatabase
    HSTraceDatabaseHead

I think may have missed one......
    Global Posts
    67 Global Posts
    The apps were
    WP_P2P
    SS_P2P
    HsSysResource
    HSTraceDatabase
    HSTraceDatabaseHead
    The WP.. and the SS.. are part of DocsToGo and it will work without these, but you can't open native Word or Excel spread sheets. The last three you probably should not have deleted.
    JMO.
    John
  12.    #12  
    Oh I didn't delete them, was thining about it though. My thought was that more seasoned palm vets knew these weren't needed and didn;t include these and os maybe thats why they weren't getting these issues. Most weird that I can't find a single reference as to what those files do....