1.    #1  
    Error Message:
    "A reset was cuased on Web app . . . Datamgr.c, line:6341 invalid unique ID passed."

Occurs when any key is pressed in the Web app, Bookmark, address entry field. when try to enter in the address of the site want to go to . . .any key causes soft reset.

I've done hard reset . . . any ideas? Return it? Hand's support is terrible, can't find anywhere to email problems to on their site. . . refer us to sprint? yeah right.

This is on my wife's phone so i'm going to have to do something. posted it in trouble shooting discussion also, but no responses so am trying in t600 board.
    Is it doing this aftera hardresetwithout any loaded apps? If not, I would try on a bare bone setup after a hard reset. If it keeps happening I'd find a way to get replacement from HS.
    Go to launcher and select the Delete option. You will see Blazer Cache as a delete item. Nuke this file and I suspect the problem will go away.
    i had a similar problem 3 0r 4 fatal resets a day and a couple of soft resets. Took off all 3rd party apps and the samething. Tried to contact handspring and all i would get is sprint contacted the numbers posted and was told to bring it to a company sprint store and have a techie look at it. I was told they will have a patch for reset problem on 10/20 which is Monday. They did give me a replacement and this one is working great

Fred
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    Go to launcher and select the Delete option. You will see Blazer Cache as a delete item. Nuke this file and I suspect the problem will go away.
    well, i guess when i did hard reset there was no cache file. . . cause i don't see it.

did another hard reset . . . and yes I can type into the url field in blazer now . . . don't want to sync . . . know how i can just copy over her basic data (like contacts, appt, to do?)

thanks for the reponses guys. . . nice to have help . . . cause like others i just get bounced around w/ sprint and hand on tech issues and wife doesnt want to have to replace phone unless absolute must.
    You may also get relief by deleting the Blazer bookmark file (a pain but worth a try). Use Filez or some other file manager app to get to it and delete it. The file is just called Bookmarks. It auto re-generates once you go back to Blazer/Web.
  7.    #7  
    Thanks for your responses and encouragement. . . I left windows to mac so could avoid this garbage. I have spent 15 years learning to fix M$ft probs; finally switched to Mac this year . . . Got a palm treo 300 (1st pda) hoping to avoid PPC/M$ft crap, but oh well . . . guess that's what we get buying the device early and essentially becoming beta testers. Thank God for this forum where we can share technical info.

Hope this solution helps someone else. Here's what worked:

went into User files for that device and deleted:
    webfindautofill.pdb
    weburl.autofill.pdb
    webuserdata.pdb

left everthing else exactly the same . . . something in one of those must have been corrupted.

Perhaps some of you palm veterans can tell us why this would work. I sure can't; lucky guess.
  8.    #8  
    Originally posted by craigdts

Hope this solution helps someone else. Here's what worked:

went into User files for that device and deleted:
    webfindautofill.pdb
    weburl.autofill.pdb
    webuserdata.pdb

left everthing else exactly the same . . . something in one of those must have been corrupted.
    Oh yeah forgot to add . . . after i deleted those things . . . did HARD reset on Treo 600. . . then sync'd
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    Had a similar problem. Blazer would cause a soft reset anytime I tried to type in a URL. I traced my problem to WordComplete. After 2 letters were entered, I guess WordComplete would try to give me a list to choose from. I'd never see it, though, because it would reset at that point.
  10.    #10  
    so it must have been one of the autofill pdbs?
    I don't think WorldComplete would work with treo600. I've bought it few weeks ago, but can't use it with my new treo. When I tap a letter "a", got a second "a" on my treo. Just wait an see for an update...
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Originally posted by agn727
    Had a similar problem. Blazer would cause a soft reset anytime I tried to type in a URL. I traced my problem to WordComplete. After 2 letters were entered, I guess WordComplete would try to give me a list to choose from. I'd never see it, though, because it would reset at that point.
    Having this exact same problem, but I don't show WordComplete on my T600. Any idea if any other apps do this so I can search for them?
    Add me to the list of people with this problem. No autocomplete apps on my 600 either
  14.    #14  
    Originally posted by Aether
    Add me to the list of people with this problem. No autocomplete apps on my 600 either
    do u not see that i posted the solution above? or is that not working for u?
    As usual, it seems that many problems stem from incompatibilities with the prior versions. I guess people with no historical Treo-specific databases mush have had less problems. To a lesser extent, people who had GSM Treos (180 or 270) were less likely to have problems than previous 300 owners (for example, due to the lack of polyphonic ringtone databases that overwrite the built-in ones on the 600).
    Global Posts
    144 Global Posts
    Originally posted by craigdts

do u not see that i posted the solution above? or is that not working for u?
    OK, craigdts solution DID fix the problem for me. But it took as while as I wasn't sure how to delete those files, since the are invisible on the unit. But I went to PalmGear and downloaded FileZ (freeware) and used it to delete them. What a great program that is! I've been playing with it a bit.

Anyway, did the deletions, didn't even have to do a hard reset it worked right after that like a charm!

The file can be downloaded at:
    http://www.palmgear.com/index.cfm?fu...0F&prodID=9992

Thanks, craigdts...yeah! They really need to do something about the autocomplete problem though, as that is kind of a neat feature to have to give up.