1.    #1  
    Has anyone had a problem losing sound on your Treo 600 while using different applications. I have several Astraware, and Handmakr games on my Treo,. After playing them for several minutes, the game's sound stops completely (and not just for that game, for any other regular apps). But then if I run Ptunes or Kinoma, the sound plays fine. Phone speakerphone also works with no problem. If I do a soft reset, the sound returns to the applications, but only for a short period of time. Is it me, or a bug in the audio software that would need to addressed in a future software update???
    Nope happens to me too.. I think I read it has to do with apps not completely designed for OS5.
    happytreoowner,

I'd have to agree with jhoff80. I have a bunch of Masque games that I use and are not OS5 compliant but do run on the T600.

I notice if I use my stylus, the sound never cuts out. BUT, if I use the d-pad it does. I think it has to do with the games not being programmed for d-pad support.

If you soft-reset the phone and use the stylus, you should no longer have a problem.

Dave Lindberg
    I also have some Astraware games;

Insaniquarium
    Bookworm
    MummyMaz
    I have the same problem with ptunes even. If you go to make a call or activate something that takes over the speaker (appears to be even a hotsync) then you have to start the song over.

-David
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    ....on Vegas Video Poker, Zap2016, Ababall 1.0, and other games......last time I checked, though, all claimed to be OS5 compatible. Maybe not 5.2.1, or maybe not with the Treo specifically, I guess......
    There does appear to be a problem when using the "internal" alarms. External alarms/midi files appear to work ok. There are programs that experience the problem. Play it a few times is ok, then it stops - requires a soft reset. Ben

---------------

Originally posted by happytreoowner
    Has anyone had a problem losing sound on your Treo 600 while using different applications. I have several Astraware, and Handmakr games on my Treo,. After playing them for several minutes, the game's sound stops completely (and not just for that game, for any other regular apps). But then if I run Ptunes or Kinoma, the sound plays fine. Phone speakerphone also works with no problem. If I do a soft reset, the sound returns to the applications, but only for a short period of time. Is it me, or a bug in the audio software that would need to addressed in a future software update???