1.    #1  
    Now that people have gotten their Treo600's

1) What would they suggest for the best mail service, either free or pay? (I tried searching the forums but couldn't find much on this topic.) I'd like one with a web interface.

2) Which program do they use on their Treo600 to access their mail? (A forum search vaguely indicated that snappermail is popular)

Background: I currently have a Kyocera 6035 and the Treo600 is the first pda/phone combo that has made me consider upgrading. I use eudora to check my account at myrealbox.com (which is free but is proving to be pretty unreliable).
    Originally posted by Atif
    Now that people have gotten their Treo600's

1) What would they suggest for the best mail service, either free or pay? (I tried searching the forums but couldn't find much on this topic.) I'd like one with a web interface.

2) Which program do they use on their Treo600 to access their mail? (A forum search vaguely indicated that snappermail is popular)

Background: I currently have a Kyocera 6035 and the Treo600 is the first pda/phone combo that has made me consider upgrading. I use eudora to check my account at myrealbox.com (which is free but is proving to be pretty unreliable).
    As for 1), if you're using Vision you probably already have an email account (Username@sprintpcs.com) which is accessible from the Vision home page (PCS Mail) on your 600.

As for 2), I've downloaded the trial version of Snappermail based on the suggestions here and so far, so good.
    Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    I have VersaMail (though not using it on the Treo yet). I really like it. Pop3 and Imap support, HTML emails, etc. But I've also read good things about Snappermail as well.
    SnapperMail by far is the best email client for Treo imho. It has attachment support, and lots of features. I use Eudora personally, because it's free. I'm not sure what problems you're running into. I haven't had any problems with Eudora for the past year. I started using that after trying out SnapperMail. I haven't tried HandSpring's TreoMail, which is called something else now. From the features that I've seen, it was still not as good as SnapperMail. If you're willing to cough up a buck, then SnapperMail is the way to go. Otherwise, Eudora is really not that bad for FREE.

Now since you're talking about a web interface. I rarely check my email using the browser. My domain is hosted on http://www.doteasy.com/ and they have a web client on there. I have used the Web Browser that comes with the Treo to read mail from there, but the speed is still slow since it has to load the webpage.

There may be some light-weight email web clients that's available out there, but I haven't researched into it.
    At work we use Outlook XP (2002) with Exchange on the back-end. I use Sprint's Business Connection service & software to provide real time access to that inbox.

I also use Yahoo! Mail for a personal inbox and find that accessing it via their wireless portal is quick and easy.

So, consider this as votes for both Sprint Biz Conn and Yahoo! Mail.
  6.    #6  
    I guess the real issue is how well can you have mail handling on your Treo600 and your desktop coordinated?

Suppose you use something like snairmail or runbox or myrealbox or any mail service that allows imap or pop3 down loadable mail.

Using eudora or snappermail you can download email to your Treo600 from your inbox, right? You can even delete it, and have it delete it from the server right? But suppose you want to check/read mail that you had already refiled to say your "family" folder. How would you do that?

Or suppose you download your messages, read them, and decide which folders you want to file them into. If you do that on your Treo600, how can you get the server to do the same thing, so that when you check your mail on your desktop PC you don't have to go through and resort everything all over again?