1.    #1  
    My Kingston 256MB just came in.

I copied over some mp3s and saved a 700k image file from snappermail(painfully slow write to SD card).

While pTunes is able to read the MP3s and play them, I can't seem to see what is exactly on the card via the Treo. Not via "Card" from applications nor via "Info" from applications.

Do I need a file management util to see the contents?

Btw, I didn't format the card from the Treo since I saw a "PALM" and "PALM/Launcher" folder in there. Can I safely delete these?

Thanks,

Andre
    Nothing is impossible, just mathematically improbable.

-Entrapment(Sean Connery)
    You will not be able to see any of the file contents of the SD card without a file management utility of some sort. Palm hides the ugly details from the user sort of like a mac does.

Do not delete your Palm and Palm/launcher folders. Typically Palm OS puts your apps in those folders.

If you put the card into a camera you'll get a DCIM folder.

I think the folders are generated to keep each device that can use the SD card puts in its own folder type. Cameras seem to use DCIM, Palm devices use Palm, etc.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    I cannot access any kind of directory of the SD card, either. I copied a couple of MP3's and a few .jpg's from my PC to the SD card via a card-reader.

I can find the MP3's with PocketTunes but the "pictures" application in the Treo600 is not recognizing any of the .jpg's I copied over (I did look in the "card" category).

Does any one have any ideas as to why I can not see these pics on the treo? They were originally taken with a Sony camera and are approx 1000x800 in size (roughly 500kb). I didn't think the size of the picture would make a difference since the treo is supposed to optimize it.

Any suggestions on a file management utility?

Thanks,
    Mike.
    FileZ

There's also Zlauncher

Better yet, get a USB 2.0 card reader for about $20
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Thanks for the FileZ suggestion.

I installed FileZ and was able to read the SD card and its contents...which included the .jpg's I copied to the card via a card reader.

BUT...I still can't view the pictures

My troubleshooting skills have hit a block....what am I doing wrong?

Mike.
    Global Posts
    27 Global Posts
    Originally posted by mikemcq1
    Thanks for the FileZ suggestion.

I installed FileZ and was able to read the SD card and its contents...which included the .jpg's I copied to the card via a card reader.

BUT...I still can't view the pictures

I feel kinda' weird quoting myself, but hey, its all for the betterment of the Treo Society.

OK...after reading a few other threads I've come up with a solution to have the Picture application on the T600 be able to view other pictures you copy onto an SD card.

Either
    1. Use the "move" or "copy" command within the picture app and move a picture you have taken with the treo to the SD card. The OS will create a directory on the card called "DCIM/" and put that picture in that directory.

or
    2. On your PC or in a file management utility, create the directory yourself. Just be sure it is called "DCIM" and transfer any pictures into that directory. Apparently the pictures app only recognizes pics within the directory labeled DCIM. (I've only tried .jpg's so other formats I'm not sure of).

Now when you use the picture app on the treo, you can browse pics on the SD card...just choose the card and peruse at will.

Mike.
    You could also use a program that came with my 7135 that I beamed over to my T600 called Photosuite. It will allow you to view jpg, gif, bmp, and other formats as well. Either from the internal memory, or from the SD card. I don't know where to get it or how much it is, but I loved with the 7135, and it works just as well with the T600
    Anyone have a list of or link to a complete set of directory names which PalmOS recognizes on an SD.

I've heard of the following:

PALM/Launcher/
    PALM/Books/
    DCIM/
    AUDIO/

Are there any others?
    David