1.    #1  
    Fellow Treo-ers,

I was hoping that the flashing GREEN light just above the HS logo was multi functional, but it seems to only tell you:

1) That the phone is on (flashing green)
    2) If the phone charging (red=charging, green=charged)

It would be more functional and frankly more useful if the light also:

1) flashed "red" when you have received a message. That way at a glance you could see if you have waiting messages without turning on and looking at the screen.

2) When in "vibrate" mode (if you call the gentle phone movement vibrate!) the light could flash to give you a visual indication that the phone was ringing. That way if on a surface like a car seat or pilow, you could see someone was calling.

Any way to alter these functions via software or a hack? Anything out there already? HS firmware upgrade?? PLEASE!! I have a 2 1/2 year old Touchpoint phone and I have relied on these subtle yet very useful features.

A GREAT phone, my third Smartphone (I had the i300 and i500), hands down form winner for me. Size of the i500 was wonderful, no one believed it was a palm, but lack of speaker phone and external display pushed me to Treo.

What do you think? We should make these suggestions and forward them to HS (PalmOne) for Treo 600 refinments?
    Acutually, the light also flashes red when wireless mode is on but no cellular signal is picked up by the phone.

I'm all too familiar with that one (Cingular).
    With the radio on and the display off, it makes a great stopwatch. I was sitting near an analog watch and noticed that the ticking was in sync with the light. There's a useful feature for you! :-)
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    Originally posted by DarkTreo
    Fellow Treo-ers,

I was hoping that the flashing GREEN light just above the HS logo was multi functional, but it seems to only tell you:

1) flashed "red" when you have received a message. That way at a glance you could see if you have waiting messages without turning on and looking at the screen.

2) When in "vibrate" mode (if you call the gentle phone movement vibrate!) the light could flash to give you a visual indication that the phone was ringing. That way if on a surface like a car seat or pilow, you could see someone was calling.

Any way to alter these functions via software or a hack? Anything out there already? HS firmware upgrade?? PLEASE!! I have a 2 1/2 year old Touchpoint phone and I have relied on these subtle yet very useful features.

A GREAT phone, my third Smartphone (I had the i300 and i500), hands down form winner for me. Size of the i500 was wonderful, no one believed it was a palm, but lack of speaker phone and external display pushed me to Treo.

What do you think? We should make these suggestions and forward them to HS (PalmOne) for Treo 600 refinments?

I'd like to know if there's a way to TURN OFF the service light. That would probably add some battery life to the phone.

I know on the Star-Tacs, if you turned it off, battery life went up 20-30%.
    Fellow Treo-ers,

The Hitachi P300 is fantastic with the visual alerts by the way.
    HS should have taken a page from them with the 8 LED alert, that is programmable. Would have been awesome.

Maybe in the next version.
    I'm using Goodlink on my Treo600 and it rocks, but like you guys this STUPID light is a total waste. On Good's G100 the light would tell you there was an email there. I used this ALL THE TIME, from across the room, in a dark movie theater... but now I need to turn on the screen to see if I have an message of some kind.

PLEASE somebody fix this. It's probably my #1 complaint about this otherwise excellent phone.
    Sorry, I didn't mean to say that you guys are a waste, I meant "like you guys, I think this STUPID light is a total waste."

)
    Originally posted by mikec

I'd like to know if there's a way to TURN OFF the service light. That would probably add some battery life to the phone.

I know on the Star-Tacs, if you turned it off, battery life went up 20-30%.

That's a big leap in battery life. I'm not aware of any apps that did this for the 300, but maybe there are more options to developers for the 600.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts

As long as you are looking at it, wouldn't you see the screen showing someone calling?