1.    #1  
    http://www.fotopages.com

There you can set up a free photo blog. And the cool thing is that it supports blogs by email, with photo attachments. It'll post the photo, plus the message via email. The subject line becomes the blog title. Perfect for capturing a moment and blogging it...if you're in to that sort of thing...from wherever you are.
    Last edited by mo-bile; 10/16/2003 at 04:28 PM.
    www.textamerica.com - same deal and very active usage
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by mwomwom
    www.textamerica.com - same deal and very active usage
    thanks, will check that one out too

edit: MUCH better site...many more features...switching there now
    Last edited by mo-bile; 10/16/2003 at 04:28 PM.
    This is a dumb question but...what are the exact steps you use to move photos from your Treo to the moblog? I can't seem to find jpgs so I can attach them via snappermail. The built-in "share" function sends the images directly to the pictures.sprintpcs.com website. I would like to make use to textamerica but I'm a bit befuddled.

hoping you can ring my clue phone for me--

dennis!
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by dwoodwoo
    This is a dumb question but...what are the exact steps you use to move photos from your Treo to the moblog? I can't seem to find jpgs so I can attach them via snappermail. The built-in "share" function sends the images directly to the pictures.sprintpcs.com website. I would like to make use to textamerica but I'm a bit befuddled.

hoping you can ring my clue phone for me--

dennis!
    The best way to do this is with an SD card. After you take the picture, pull the menu down and move it to the card. Then with Snappermail, you can attach it from the card and email it. You click "attach" and in the upper right corner is a pull down menu to search internally or select your sd card to browse.

I don't know if it ever will be possible to actually email a pic after shooting one in the camera application other than with Sprint's service.
    Originally posted by mo-bile

The best way to do this is with an SD card.....
    Ummm, dumb question here. I have just purchased my first SD card, it is in the phone, and when I tried to save a picture to it I received an error message. When I look at the card it says that it is read only - how do I enable it to write to it?

TIA.

Sheryl
    Anyone try ForPhotos on the Treo600?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    quote:
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The best way to do this is with an SD card.....
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ummm, dumb question here. I have just purchased my first SD card, it is in the phone, and when I tried to save a picture to it I received an error message. When I look at the card it says that it is read only - how do I enable it to write to it?

TIA.

Sheryl
    Is the read/write or lock/unlock switch on your SD card in the correct position? Thats about the only way I can think of to prevent writing to an SD card.

The best way to do this is with an SD card. After you take the picture, pull the menu down and move it to the card. Then with Snappermail, you can attach it from the card and email it. You click "attach" and in the upper right corner is a pull down menu to search internally or select your sd card to browse.
    Great, that did the trick for me. Thanks very much. Love this community.

dennis!

I don't know if it ever will be possible to actually email a pic after shooting one in the camera application other than with Sprint's service.
    There is an easier way to accomplish this...

First, snap the picture. Select share. Type your textamerica email posting address. Type a message. Select share.

After the first post, you will only need to enter the first few letters of your email and it will auto-fill. Only drawback is that there is no way to enter a subject so you need to edit your blog at textamerica to add titles (they throw in "image by textamerica.com" if there is no subject line).

Happy moblogging!
    I have to say that the ability to take a pic and instantly post it up to a moblog FUNDAMENTALLY changes the way we will view cameras, pictures, photo sharing, and the like, and really, the overall distribution of images and information.
    I mean - I thought it was timely to take pics with my regular digicam, go back home, connect to the PC, and send those up to Shutterfly and such, and then 'share' those pics with relatves and friends. That process was fairly quick and relatively simple.

But NOW - I have daily pics on my blog that I wouldn't have taken with my digicam (and maybe some of the ones I've taken SHOULDN"T have been taken - heh), and I can post them RIGHT AWAY. That's an amazing concept - instant info share.

To me, the camera and the MP3 capability of the 600 are what have delivered the most impact to my daily life (meaning, beyond what I had in the 300). Awesome.
    I tried TextAmerica but quickly moved to Buzznet and love it.

my buzznet pix - every one taken with my Treo600

I used the share function on the phone for a while but it was so iffy. Most of the time it would work but it often took a couple of tries.

Now I just move the photos over to the card and attach to email and send off via Snappermail right to Buzznet. I'd love a little macro that did all of this for me but I've gotten pretty good at one-thumbing it.

My trial for 'sharing' ends this week or will cost me another $5 a month. Sending via Snappermail costs me nothing extra and offers more - like stability and the ability to batch. I can attach several pix at a time and hit send and VOILA webpage updated.

Oh and Buzznet makes it easy to syndicate to my regular website. So the latest URL=http://susandennis.com]4 photos are always posted there.[/URL]
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com
  13.    #13  
    What's so much better at Buzznet btw?

And I agree on Snappermail. Plus, at least when you email a photo from snapper, you can choose the subject line and it's from your email adddress rather than xxx-xxx-xxxx@messaging.sprintpcs.com. IMO, anyone receiving that wiht the default subject line that says something like "so and so just emailed you a picture" might just think it's spam.

Originally posted by susandennis
    I tried TextAmerica but quickly moved to Buzznet and love it.

my buzznet pix - every one taken with my Treo600

I used the share function on the phone for a while but it was so iffy. Most of the time it would work but it often took a couple of tries.

Now I just move the photos over to the card and attach to email and send off via Snappermail right to Buzznet. I'd love a little macro that did all of this for me but I've gotten pretty good at one-thumbing it.

My trial for 'sharing' ends this week or will cost me another $5 a month. Sending via Snappermail costs me nothing extra and offers more - like stability and the ability to batch. I can attach several pix at a time and hit send and VOILA webpage updated.

Oh and Buzznet makes it easy to syndicate to my regular website. So the latest URL=http://susandennis.com]4 photos are always posted there.[/URL]
    Last edited by slffl; 11/03/2003 at 11:46 AM.
    Buzznet (to me) is faster and more stable and easier to use by a long shot than Textamerica. I had terrible delays in posting to TA and several times my stuff just never made it.

I like being able to send more than one picture in one email and have it post appropriately and I like the layout of Buzznet that I did not have to do anything with. Oh and the syndication feature.
    susan dennis
    seattle, WA
    http://susandennis.com