Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've read all of the posts here regarding provisioning, errors, etc., but nothing seems to work. Anyone else running into the problem below?

Got my treo 600 on 10/15 and upon activation, in the early afternoon, voice worked fine. I waited the recommended # of hours for data, but it's a day later and I continue to get the following message when trying to configure for vision services:

preparing vision services: connecting to sprint provisioning (sign on, connected....)
    preparing vision services. please wait...
    then after 10 seconds the window freezes and I get the following error
    Unknown error: an error has occurred. if the problem persists, contact sprint.
    Update terminated.

I've spoken to 2 different sprint tech reps. The 2nd was a tier 2 rep who was very knowledgeable and tried many different solutions (hard reset, change password, change username, sent commands to my phone, gave me the master code and manually configured the network settings via ##3282, etc.), but I still get the same error when trying to configure for vision services.

He said that there was a message from provisioning that their system is heavily backlogged with requests (over 17,000) and mine may be in that list awaiting provisioning. He also, mentioned that their system updates every 2 hrs. and I should wait to see if mine is done during the next update.

Anyone else having the same problem?
  2.    #2  
    It's been over 3 hrs. and I'm still getting the same error.
  3.    #3  
    Just got off the phone with another tier 2 rep. They've been getting a lot of calls regarding the "Unknown Error.." message on the 600. Basically they say to sit tight until their provisioning system can process the backlog.
    It sounds exactly like the same problems they had when "Vision" 1st rolled out. They had problems then too when everyone was buying new phones and jumping onto vision. He is correct, eventually you'll come to the top of the list. I just hope it won't be a couple months like it was back then.
    Same problem. However I thought in my case I had the solution as well as the tech guy I talked to. He said it will take two days to have the tech guys fix it and they would call me.

Here is the problem as I believed it affected me. You may or may not be in the same boat, or they could be wrong.

I switched from the Handspring Data Link to the treo 600. The Data link had web access, but not 3g technology and not what they now call pcs vision. When I got my treo they said my new plan which included the pcs vision service would not start till my next billing cycle which won't be until November. I suspected this may be the problem since I did not officially have the Vision service on my record yet. The first Tech person I spoke to in the afternoon said she made the needed change in my account, but it did nothing. I called later in the day and got a tech person higher up. He confrimed that was my problem but he said he had to email the programers and it would take 2 days for them to make the needed changes in my record that would allow me to access vision services. The two days is up tommorow evening, so we will se what happens.

Meanwhile, I get the exact same error as you. Let me know if any of this applies to your case.

GO MARLINS!!!!!
  6.    #6  
    caneguy.... My last device was the Handspring Treo 300 with PCS Vision, which worked perfectly the day I purchased it. I assumed the switch would be easy...should have known better.

Hey, I'm from South Florida as well! Assuming there is this massive provisioning backlog, I wonder why there aren't more people on here detailing this problem? It seems like most treo owners on this board have gotten past this issue. Could it be a local provisioning network thing in Florida? Anyone else out there have the same problem?
    Interesting to hear. I wll make sure to let them no about that if they don't get me working tommorow. It's hard to believe they are so backed up consindering the fact they had no treo's to sell locally that I know of.

GO MARLINS!!!
    my vision was working fine this morning,
    i received a new phone today to replace my "old" one because of a speaker problem.
    did the esn swap
    just got my provisioning thing and get the same error.
    is this a south florida problem?
    should i bother calling the technical guys?
    andres
  9.    #9  
    caneguy,

If they get you up and running tomorrow (or at any other time) please post back on this board and let me know what they did. I'll do the same. Thanks!
    Now i get the 3000 error
    data service in unavailabe in this area. please try again later
    they must be resetting it.
    andres
  11.    #11  
    afcuadros,

I've gotten a mix of 3000 errors (network unavailable) and Unknown Errors all day yesterday and today. Sometimes the 3000 error just means it's busy and you have to try again. Usually after a few attempts, it connects and I get the Unknown Error.

Let's monitor this group for an hour or two to see if anyone else posts with the same problem from out-of-state (....or more from FL) before contacting support again.
    I've got the same issue. And I'm in SF CA.
    Originally posted by shallow
    I've got the same issue. And I'm in SF CA.
    i am afraid that this is only because i changed phones today. how long have you had this problem? my vision was working fine with my "old" treo this morning.
    andres
    I just got off the phone with sprint and he says the note in my file is to fix this problem in 3-5 days not the 48 house the rep told me.
    GO MARLINS!!!!
  15.    #15  
    Originally posted by caneguy
    I just got off the phone with sprint and he says the note in my file is to fix this problem in 3-5 days not the 48 house the rep told me.
    I think the techs are buying time until the provisioning issues are fixed (assuming that's what's going on and it's not something else). I've gotten several different timeframes from them.

Still curious how many others have the same problem.
    I had the same problem in northern CA earlier this week. Unknown problem and Error 3000. I waited overnight and tried the next morning (without calling Sprint) and 'voila' provisioning worked without a glitch. I heard that they were having system software problems, and that led to the problems.
    Friday Morning and nothing yet
    tried this morning with tier 2 tech and nothing...
    he expired and unexpired my account (whatever that means)
    and now i have to wait the 4 hours to activate. will later and will update.
    any news?
    andres
    Originally posted by afcuadros
    Friday Morning and nothing yet
    tried this morning with tier 2 tech and nothing...
    he expired and unexpired my account (whatever that means)
    and now i have to wait the 4 hours to activate. will later and will update.
    any news?
    Sprint is having major problems with their Vision service.

I have been out for 7 days now and counting, with no end in sight. Can't provision at all.

Supposedly it's affecting many people, but I think I'm the longest person out in the country (whoo-hoo, I'm number one ;-), sarcastic). If anyone has been unable to provision for longer, let me know.
  19.    #19  
    Not working this morning either. Curious to see if the "expired and unexpired" solution you mentioned worked. Please post back here and let me know. Thanks!
    Originally posted by lfnusa
    Not working this morning either. Curious to see if the "expired and unexpired" solution you mentioned worked. Please post back here and let me know. Thanks!
    In my instance, they did the expire/unexpire twice, and it failed both times.

I've spent over 22 hours on the phone with them trying to resolve it....unbeliveable. I've gotten into laugh mode about this now, because it's so pathetic.

They closed out my original ticket, claiming it was a "known issue", without contacting me or informing me. This is unexcusable.

Now there's another ticket issued....they say they can't do anything for 48 hours! Supposedly everything will be fixed then.

I think this will go down in Sprint history as the longest unresolved problem...I've never heard of anyone out for (at this rate) nine days, especially when I'm contacting them each day.

Anybody else in this boat? I think I'm, going to start a poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast