Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. MVP
    I work on Wall Street and everyone here relies on Blackberries to view Real Time Stock/Bond/Currency Quotes, Charts and News. Does anyone know of any professional grade applications that will work on the T600?
    Roger
    The Treo 300 discussion board has a great deal of info on a JAVA application from Hillcast called Midcast.

Here's the link: http://www.hillcast.com/products/pro...ng_treo300.asp

I suggest you contact them to explore if this can be suported by them on 600. This is a professional grade application for traders.
  4. MVP
    I have seen Hillcast and there has to be something better...some app that 1) allows for portfolios with user selected fields, 2) good charting (preferably candlestick w/ moving averages and volume) and 3) updates prices and news automatically (push technology i guess)....if anyone can find an app like that then there may be alot of Wall Street folks that would be willing to switch from Blackberries to T600s.....thanks!
    MVP,

You have to remember that these mobile devices can only hold so much data and process it. Alot of this functionality that you are looking for is for desktop PCs, but devices like the Treo 300 which certainly has its limitations, especially with battery life, should improve. I can only help but think that once we have an app for the 600, it will be better and then when the next Treo model will be even better and we will be able to design to that.
    What does Semotus' Equity Market Pro (for RIM) offer that Hillcast doesn't?
    I'm pretty sure Equity market Pro does not stream.... Somebody please correct me if I am wrong.
    I use StockManager fro TinyStocks. www.TinyStocks.com.

It is not 5-key nav enabled and doesn't automatically download quotes for you. Nor does it sync up to a desktop application. Also, it logs you off the pscvision network when it finishes downloading your quotes. (This doesn't stop you from receiving text messages or anything).

That said, it is cheap, convenient and easy to use. I haven't found one I like better!
    I think the original post is asking for a professional level quote site. Tinystocks is a portfolio tracker, and quotes are delayed 20 minutes. Which is fine for the average investor, but might leave someone who makes a living investing wanting more.

I have been looking around for quotes also. I am more focused on trading currency than stocks, but I have been looking for a nice portable quote source. For work, I currently have a blackberry with market clip plus software that gives real-time Reuters quotes. But it is so user unfriendly (the only summary pages you can set up shows daily change, not actual price) and so slow that I would hardly call it real time. Some mornings (when network use is high?), it can refuse to connect for 15-20 minutes.

From my Treo 600, I have found I can connect to a couple of free sources that have real time quotes, but in general they seem to be limited to fixed screens.

Ironically, the best source I have found for easy quick currency levels is probably yahoo finance. No log in and quick update, although there is a 20 minute delay there also.
    I have set up my.yahoo.com to give me a list of prices on my homepage when I turn the treo on. As far as looking late at night or when I roll out of bed in the morning, this gives me a pretty good idea of where things are trading in a matter of seconds. If I like something, a call to a trader confirms if anything more has happened in the last 20 minutes.
    Ted,

HillCast can stream real-time FX spot prices and cross rates if you are interested in that. We can do that on the Blackberry just as long as you ares et up on a BES and have MDS running.

As for the Treo 600, as I've mentioned on this site, we are still working towards getting aworking version out!

Anyhow, you can email sales@hillcast.com if you are interested in the FX product.
    Fidelity anywhere has real time quotes and watch lists.
    By: newtreouser @ 12:02 PM

>Fidelity anywhere has real time quotes and watch lists.

It would be nice if Stockmanager had a provision for this, albeit via manual updates. I'm assuming Fidelity requires an account for this service.
    Originally posted by HCTech
    Ted,

HillCast can stream real-time FX spot prices and cross rates if you are interested in that. We can do that on the Blackberry just as long as you ares et up on a BES and have MDS running.

As for the Treo 600, as I've mentioned on this site, we are still working towards getting aworking version out!

Anyhow, you can email sales@hillcast.com if you are interested in the FX product.
    the hillcast real time system i tested gave me island quotes only.if that still exists for equaties then it's quite limited.
    Global Posts
    366 Global Posts
    Hillcast can now stream more than just island quotes. We can now stream NYSE, NASDAQ, AMEX and OTCBB stocks in addition to currencies and interest rate swaps. These quotes are streamed to the device in real-time.
    FYI..... HillCast can now stream CBOT quotes on the Treo 600 and can be purchased online via our website www.hillcast.com
    I'm playing around with this, not pro grade in any way

http://heller.ca/stocks.html

Mike
    Looks like the MidCast product is dead. No notice from HillCast no NOTHING. Just quotes with zero's. Called and it's no longer being offered. Nice job HillCast.

MRL-MO
    My suggestion, get a portfolio going at Yahoo and follow your holdings in real time there or check out Free Real Time if you want real time without the ability to trade. Stock manager is a good portfolio manager for the non real time crowd. Regardless if you trade based on real time pda's/ smartphones are not the tool you should be using. The realiabilty or lack of and speed aren't condusive to accurate real time trades. I know of no real time pro's that use a pda/smart phone to do so.
    Last edited by JTREOB; 07/01/2004 at 10:19 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast