View Poll Results: Ordered on 10/9 or 10/10 from HS? Tell us whether you received your order.

Voters
67. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ordered Thursday, 10/9, and received it.

23 34.33%
  • Ordered Thursday, 10/9, and did not receive it.

20 29.85%
  • Ordered Friday, 10/10, and received it.

11 16.42%
  • Ordered Friday, 10/10, and did not receive it.

13 19.40%
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    I ordered it on Tuesday 10/14 and it was delivered today (Friday 10/16).
    I just got off the phone with HS. Myself and a co-worker ordered a Treo600 each 7 minutes apart... he got his today and mine is still "awaiting shipment". After confronting HS about this they told me:
    1. My billing/shipping address were different (but so was my co-worker's)... so moot point there.
    2. And "even though you only ordered 7 minutes apart, that may mean THOUSANDS of units and your's could be on the NEXT TRUCK..." Do *****'s usually buy expensive electronic equipment? At least after some police badgering he said he would do some research and give me a call back.
    ARRRRRGGGGHHH!!!
    wishfull think sprinttreo but its only thursday.
    It's too late now with this debacle... but why didn't HS just ADMIT they made a mistake, e-mail their users that there was a shipping delay (similar to how Amazon.com and others handle mistakes), and we wouldn't all be sooooo mad. I think now that they are lying about their mistake those who ordered over 7 days ago should get some kind of refund/rebate... it's only fair for poor customer service and not following their own policy/guidelines. I vote for at least $50? Anybody agree?

Damn... You're right. What a bummer. :-(

Anyway, I got mine on THURSDAY 10/16
    :-)
  6. ocs
    Global Posts
    116 Global Posts
    For those of you still waiting:

I ordered 10/9 in the AM, with two different addresses and accessories. The website still (right now) shows awaiting shipment for me, and my card hasn't been charged (or at least it hasn't been reflected on the acct yet), but the mail guy just delivered my Treo 600!

In other words, forget what the website says about your order -- it just isn't reliable at all. And calling Handspring doesn't seem helpful; when I called this morning, they "confirmed" that it hadn't been shipped yet, probably by looking at the same screen that I've been staring at for a week now.

Good luck everyone!
    Phone ordered 10/09, 5pm
    Told expect about a week
    Was one of the failed order people (not really failed)
    Received today 10/16, 10am
    Originally posted by ocs
    For those of you still waiting:

I ordered 10/9 in the AM, with two different addresses and accessories. The website still (right now) shows awaiting shipment for me, and my card hasn't been charged (or at least it hasn't been reflected on the acct yet), but the mail guy just delivered my Treo 600!

In other words, forget what the website says about your order -- it just isn't reliable at all. And calling Handspring doesn't seem helpful; when I called this morning, they "confirmed" that it hadn't been shipped yet, probably by looking at the same screen that I've been staring at for a week now.

Good luck everyone!
    Thanks so much... gives some of us a LITTLE hope.
    Maybe THIS is why HANDSPRING has to merge with Palm, since they make a good product, but that's about IT!!!!
    Ordered 10/09 in the evening, still "Awaiting Shipment". I took the cheap shipping ($8.50, cheapest they offered, anyway), and I'm kicking myself for not adding the headphone adapter to my order.
    Originally posted by Deacon
    Did he give any indication as to when that would ship out? I was one of the 'failed order' people as well.

I should've cancelled when I had the chance. I'm just bitter with handspring right now.

Edit: Actually I'm on the phone with handspring again, politely giving the rep a hard time

He was telling me my treo would definetly ship today. I told him if he was sure it was shipping to get me a tracking number, so he said he'd call the shipping dept to make sure it was going out.

He called them, said they said they were sure it'd be going out, and they'd send me the tracking number later. He also said if I didn't get the email soon, to call back. So.....maybe everyone 'failed order' shipments are going out today. Or maybe this guy was blowing smoke up my a**!! We'll see.
    That's some sort of progress. How did you politely give them a hard time? I wanna see if I can get in contact with the shipping dept too
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    Order Date:
    10/10/2003 07:33:02 AM

Order Status:
    Awaiting Shipment

Still waiting.

Dizzy
    Originally posted by Jaggrey
    That's some sort of progress. How did you politely give them a hard time? I wanna see if I can get in contact with the shipping dept too
    I was polite but firm. I wasn't loud, didn't scream, etc. I just stated what I wanted, and said things like "i know its not your fault, but you have to understand my situation. I'm not happy with the way handspring handled my order so far....blah blah blah",

Basically be firm and assertive, but don't raise your voice.
    Deacon
    Computer Programmer/Law Student
    T700p <-- 600
    Whew!
    I waited and waited before I could vote "ordered on 10/9 and received it." Just got it...it's charging now. 10/9 at 11:00 am EST, headphone jack, different shipping address. Got the headphone jack on Tuesday, and e-mail about the phone being backordered. Phone shipped late on Tuesday night (after they manufactured more?) and arrived today at 4:21 pm. I am soooo lucky because I used FedEx saver, and although I could see it was on a truck for delivery today, they contractually had until tomorrow to deliver it. If my delivery guy had had two more stops to make, he would have headed back to the hub to throw it on a truck for tomorrow.
    I pray it shows up and the on-line reporting is useless. I ordered a treo 600 AND stereo adapter 10/10 at 7a.m. EST
    I STILL wait in AWAITING SHIPMENT limbo :-(
    ordered 10/11

ORDER SHIPPED!!!!!!!

No tracking number, but I ordered fedex should be here tomorrow

wahooooooooo
    Well, here's the story.

Placed one order on 10/9 for overnite delivery and didn't get it until today. Also placed one for standard delivery on 10/14 at 6pmET and guess what I just got? Shipping notice for the second order was just emailed to me
  17.    #37  
    Received no email (ordered 10/9). This is unbelievably frustrating.
    Ordered 10/09 10am -- Just got my confirm it has been shipped + tracking number + e-mail about how to activate the new phone ones it arrives (hopefully tomorrow -- after all I selected overnight).

I wouldn't put it past handspring to have poisoned Fedex into taking longer then 1 day for it to get to me. Hmph.

HS definitly didn't play nice with how they handled this launch, that is for sure. That completely f*@ked it up. Oh well. I'm not even too excited anymore.

L
  19.    #39  
    Originally posted by treonyc
    Ordered 10/09 10am -- Just got my confirm it has been shipped + tracking number + e-mail about how to activate the new phone ones it arrives (hopefully tomorrow -- after all I selected overnight).

I wouldn't put it past handspring to have poisoned Fedex into taking longer then 1 day for it to get to me. Hmph.

HS definitly didn't play nice with how they handled this launch, that is for sure. That completely f*@ked it up. Oh well. I'm not even too excited anymore.

L
    I hear ya!! Maybe I should call to cancel my order and start preaching for the frigging Wanda, because as far as I'm concerned, they are both vaporware One can't be made and the other can't be F*%$&G shipped!!
    Ordered 23:58CDT on 9 October 2003. Informed at order time of 5-7 day delay. This is day 7 (for another hour) and the order remains "Awaiting Shipment". On Tuesday, 14 October 2003 - when status changed from "Failed Order" to "Awaiting Shipment" HS Cust Svc said unit "will ship tomorrow". Nope. A call minutes ago to HS Cust Svc yielded the following:

HS: "We're trying to clear all of those out as fast as we can; there's no reason it shouldn't go out tomorrow [17 Oct]"
    me: "I would have more confidence in that statement if I hadn't been told on Tuesday that it would ship yesterday and if the 5 to 7 day delay window hadn't expired."
    HS: "It may have gone out already and be on a truck."
    me: "So you have no idea what the order status actually is?"
    HS: "I'm just saying it may already have shipped. When it has we will e-mail you with a tracking number and confirmation."
    me: "And since I have received neither of those, it sounds like it has not shipped. What do you suggest?"
    HS: "Wait 'til tomorrow and if you still haven't heard anything give us a call back and we'll look into it."

No, folks, I didn't make-up this exchange! Handspring apparently doesn't even trust its own tracking system and would rather encourage repeated calls (the better for someone ELSE to handle) than to troubleshoot a failed service committment.

Clearly HS was not fully prepared for this launch. That's understandable to me. But the dissembling, buck-passing and inaccurate data are not understandable, imho.

(also, fyi, the HS CSR collected my e-mail address unlike on previous calls)
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast