1.    #1  
    Anybody tried the Kyocera stereo headset on the Treo 600 yet?
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    The Kyo 7135 uses a 4-conductor connector and the Treo 600 (unlike the 270 and 300) uses a 3-conductor connector. So the Kyo headset is incompatible with the Treo 600.
  3.    #3  
    Whew...almost blew $20 for those...thanks!!
    Charles

Kyocera 6035-->Samsung I-300-->Samsung I-330-->Treo 600-->Sprint Treo 650-->Cingular Treo 650-->AT&T Treo 680-->AT&T Crimson Treo 680-->AT&T Black Centro-->AT&T Copper Treo 680-->iPhone 3G 8GB-->iPhone 3GS 16GB-->HTC EVO 4G
    To all,

I thought I would add my comments to this "general stereo headset" thread, instead of creating a new thread.

Scrinch and others are correct. Since Handspring opted for a 3-post headphone adapter design, I do not believe that we will be seeing very many "stereo-headphone-and-microphone" headsets.

With my rudamentary electronics knowledge, a 3-post adapter is composed of: post #1 - power, post #2 - data stream 1, post #3 - data stream 2 (don't ask me which-is-which, I'd have to go to my high school electronics notebook!)

Stereo headphones = 1 post power, 1 post left channel, 1 post right channel.

The only way to make it work is to on a 3-post design is to create a "circuit" that knows when a call comes in and then re-routes one of the stereo feeds to the microphone and pauses music playback. And after the call ends, re-instates the music playback through both channels.

And... the people who I think will come close to creating one is SkullCandy. I don't know for sure, but it is a "gut feeling" that I have.

What does everyone think? Can someone confirm that my hypothosis is correct?

Dave Lindberg
    There are already a few threads on here about the skullcandy one. Last I heard they were trying to gauge interest before they went ahead and developed a compatible one (seeing as how it would ONLY be able to work with this particular device). Makes plenty of sense money wise.
    Found it:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...kullcandy.html

And if you are interested, be sure to vote/post in this thread:
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...kullcandy.html
    The other threads have a pic posted of the diagram of the line in jack.

mic and left --- with headset.

right and left -- with headphones.

The mic get's trumped for stereo playback. The treo knows the difference based on impedence, is the current thought.

Check the accessories portion of the board, and keep on the look out for 2 ring (3 conductor) stereo headset.

I've searched alllllllll over the web for something close.
    -Treo 600 on Sprint