1.    #1  
    Seems MS has blocked the proxy Verichat uses... ANy ohter way for me to access this service? Any other apps?
    This just started happening to me as well around 1:00pm PST yesterday - worked fine in the morning - and now I am unable to login.

-- Barr
    MSN just switched off support for the older MSNP8 version of their protocol. If a client doesn't support MSNP9 (and verichat appears to be among them) it won't work.

I emailed them, and got a quick response that says support for the new MSNP9 authentication will be up in a few days.
    Just got a response from Verichat too saying the MSN support should be back in a day or so.
    Originally posted by strongbad
    FWIW,
    http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,4149,1348183,00.asp
    And in addition, I posted this yesterday, the following may have something to do with it:

http://www.psionplace.com/articles/2...mail-Goes.html
    Thank goodness I made the switch three years ago to Yahoo mail.
    I don't know about you all, but MS Hotmail service is so bad, who would pay for it? Most people use it because it is free. I don't even give out the address and I get 16+ SPAM messages a day, and that is with a ton of filters on. I pay $20 a year for Yahoo! mail plus and love their service. I get very little SPAM and I haven't set up any filters. Most spam is from companies that I give out the address for.

I only use MSN messenger to talk to my wife, but I may have to have her switch to AIM or Yahoo! Messenger if MS is going to charge. Don't they make enough money with their junk OS's that hackers easily exploit?
    Originally posted by lnichols
    I don't know about you all, but MS Hotmail service is so bad, who would pay for it? Most people use it because it is free. I don't even give out the address and I get 16+ SPAM messages a day, and that is with a ton of filters on. I pay $20 a year for Yahoo! mail plus and love their service. I get very little SPAM and I haven't set up any filters. Most spam is from companies that I give out the address for.

I only use MSN messenger to talk to my wife, but I may have to have her switch to AIM or Yahoo! Messenger if MS is going to charge. Don't they make enough money with their junk OS's that hackers easily exploit?
    Hotmail, as it is now, will remain free. It's accessing Hotmail, and other MSN features wirelessly that will become fee based.