Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    My Sprint service, inherited from my Treo 300 days, is something called "free and clear", which includes "unlimited PCS vision". Does that mean I get to use the picture upload service on the Treo 600 without any additional charges?
    Others have posted that picture mail is an extra $5/month. The first few months might be free, to get you hooked.
    Originally posted by cbrenner
    My Sprint service, inherited from my Treo 300 days, is something called "free and clear", which includes "unlimited PCS vision". Does that mean I get to use the picture upload service on the Treo 600 without any additional charges?
    I have the same plan as you with $10 unlimited vision. I called Sprint CSR and was told unlimited vision includes sending pictures. Can anyone verify this?
    Originally posted by newtreouser

I have the same plan as you with $10 unlimited vision. I called Sprint CSR and was told unlimited vision includes sending pictures. Can anyone verify this?
    I was told the same thing and that is also included Biz Conn.
    << My command as we escape Palm HQ with a new Pre 3>>.

Treo 300 >> Treo 600 >> Treo 650 >> Treo 755 >> Instinct >> Pre- >> TouchPad
    I have $10 unlimited vision and picture mail works fine. I didn't know the password to my picture mail account, because my old phone didn't have a camera... But I went to www.picturemail.sprintpcs.com and they SMS'd me the password for the picturemail account i didn't even know i had.
    is it true that biz conn is included free with the $10.00 for unlimited pcs vision service?

i noticed that its ready for download as an icon on the treo 600 but am unsure if i want or need to use it.

if its included in the plan,, we might as well use it.....
    i have been able to send pictures with the $10 unlimited vision plan, BUT cannot log into Springs Picture Mail area to go into any photo albums. I am assuming that the photo albums and other photo organising tools are available for those who sign up for Picture Mail.
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but ... speaking of icons and services, can someone answer my question about the email button? When I try to send a message using this, I get an error message that says:

This service will be available soon. You will receive a text message when it is ready. Until then, you can use Short Mail to send text messages to any other wireless phone from the browser.

Picture mail works fine. I can surf to Vision Home and go to Messaging and send email from there, but I'd like to use the email button instead. Am I supposed to set something up? Eudora? Or is it just that Sprint hasn't rolled out the feature yet?

Thanks
    Thanks for the tips, guys. I'm on the $10 plan too, and I'd love to use PictureMail and BizConn. I'll e-mail Sprint to get the fact that they're included in writing, so there aren't any 'unexpected' charges on my next phone bill.
    Originally posted by sgriffin
    Sorry to ask a dumb question, but ... speaking of icons and services, can someone answer my question about the email button? When I try to send a message using this, I get an error message that says:

This service will be available soon. You will receive a text message when it is ready. Until then, you can use Short Mail to send text messages to any other wireless phone from the browser.

Picture mail works fine. I can surf to Vision Home and go to Messaging and send email from there, but I'd like to use the email button instead. Am I supposed to set something up? Eudora? Or is it just that Sprint hasn't rolled out the feature yet?
    On the Sprint T600, the email button is set up to default to the SMS application, not an Internet email application.

The SMS application does not work yet, because Sprint has not gone live yet with a new SMSC server that will do true SMS like other wireless operators. That's why you get a message back from Sprint every time you try and send a MO-SMS (Mobile Originated).

SMS sends a quick 160 char message to another mobile phone or email address -- all you need to know is the recipient's phone number and they will get the message on their phone.

As for email, the Sprint T600 does not include Handspring's own basic POP email client they developed. I've used this and for basic email, it's fine. Not as good for multiple accounts; doesn't work with attachments, HTML email etc. Apparently Handspring will release the Mail program for free on their site sometime soon for download.

There are tons of good email clients, although the good ones aren't free. I use SnapperMail, which in latest version, fully supports the 5-way button and is great. I've mapped Snapper to the mail icon, as the SMS proggie is useless for a little while longer!

Hope this helps.
    That clears it up! Thanks.
    Originally posted by treobk214
    is it true that biz conn is included free with the $10.00 for unlimited pcs vision service?

i noticed that its ready for download as an icon on the treo 600 but am unsure if i want or need to use it.

if its included in the plan,, we might as well use it.....
    Not sure about Picture Mail but Biz Conn is separate from Vision. I too am on the $10 unlimited vision and also pay additional $5 for Biz Conn PE.

NIck
    From the website:

"The first time you upload a picture to this site from your PCS Vision Picture Phone, you will be prompted to create a password for your new Picture Mail account. Using your PCS Phone Number and the password you created, simply sign on to begin organizing and sharing your pictures. "

You had to use a PW to upload the pics...
    2 points:

1. Dont believe ANYTHING a Sprint PCS rep tells you on the phone, cause if you ask another rep, they will tell you something different.

2. Who needs Sprint's crappy service to send pictures from the phone? Just get Snapper mail, be sure you save your pictures to an external SD card and you can email them directly to your friends, from your address book, as JPG files.
    (Of course SnapperMail assumes you have access to an SMTP server to be able to send with).
    Carl
    Originally posted by CarlGalgano
    2 points:

1. Dont believe ANYTHING a Sprint PCS rep tells you on the phone, cause if you ask another rep, they will tell you something different.

Excellent point, Carl. I e-mailed Sprint, and have, in writing, that Picture Mail is included with our $10 plans, while BizConnect is NOT. I suggest everyone do the same. Then you have an official statement in writing to dispute any creative charges that may appear on your next bill.
    Originally posted by newtreouser

I also have the $10 unlimited vision plan carried over from my 300 but it does NOT include unlimited picture mail. I only got a trial period. As a matter of fact, I just got a message last week reminding me my picture mail trial would expire on 10/28.

So my guess is, unless you already have the unlimited picture pack vision plan for $15/month, you don't get it included in vision.
    I'm not sure what the criteria is exactly. I got vision pretty much the day it came out. I also got the Sanyo 5300 picture phone when it came out, and I still have free picturemail. Maybe you had to activate picturemail when it was still "free" with the $10 plan (between the release of the 5300 and the new $15 vision packs) in order to be grandfathered in.
    Originally posted by skfny

Excellent point, Carl. I e-mailed Sprint, and have, in writing, that Picture Mail is included with our $10 plans, while BizConnect is NOT. I suggest everyone do the same. Then you have an official statement in writing to dispute any creative charges that may appear on your next bill.
    Both good points, but I got in a long argument with a manager 2 months ago about our contract with add-a-phone (all free & clear with vision), but to some it up he said that they aren't obligated to any price point or packages in the contract only the duration of the contract. So, whatever you have in writing doesn't necessarily apply unless the "rules & regulations" between telecoms and their client contracts change.

I have the the manager's work i.d. but would prefer to not share it as it would only harm my account and not really help anyone anyway.

Just thought I'd throw another monkey in to mess with the gears of progress.
    I just spoke with a CSR and was told that you get a trial period first, then have the option of an additional 2 month trial period before they start charging you $5 on top of yoru $10 unlimited or $15 for picture mail plan. They said that it is NOT included with $10 unlmited vision.

I hope somebody else can prove me wrong otherwise.
    Get this and you'll have biz con + picture mail:

PCS Vision Professional Pack
    Perfect for business people away from the office and those who use PCS VisionSM Smart Devices.

• Unlimited PCS Vision Access includes:
    • Unlimited web-based Messaging, including PCS Short Mail, with email and instant messaging from America Online® and Yahoo!®
    • Unlimited Web access
    • Unlimited Picture MailSM — take, upload and send an unlimited number of pictures
    • PCS Business ConnectionSM Personal Edition. Unlimited access to your Microsoft® Outlook® or Lotus® Notes company email, calendar, business directory and personal contacts in real time on select PCS Phones
    • Customers who purchase a PCS VisionSM Smart Device that uses the Microsoft® Pocket PC operating system will need to add this pack for a

This was one of the 3 vision plans they have available. Looks like a good choice for $15/mo vs. the Picture Mail plan with no biz con.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast