1. pls
    On my Tungsten T I can have the contacts sorted by

Last Name, First Name
    Company, Last Name

On the Treo 600 it only lets me sort by

Last Name, First Name
    First Name, Last Name

This is not very good when I am searching for a company phone number in a list of 2,300 companies.

Are there any ways to get the Treo600 to sort by company name ?
    Nobody ?

I also do need this !
    Agendus, Beyond Contacts, KeySuite

There are dozens of apps that do this.
    the FIND feature works great as well. Just do a lookup and put in the company name, and it will show you all contacts that have that name in their records.
    Originally posted by Cyril
    Agendus, Beyond Contacts, KeySuite

There are dozens of apps that do this.
    I just removed Agendus !
    Reason : the C,L,F sort function is NOT available !

So it's must be a Treo problem
    but you can group by company in Agendus, so maybe that'll do what you want....group by company, and then sort by L,F - whatever
    Originally posted by pls
    On my Tungsten T I can have the contacts sorted by

Last Name, First Name
    Company, Last Name

On the Treo 600 it only lets me sort by

Last Name, First Name
    First Name, Last Name

This is not very good when I am searching for a company phone number in a list of 2,300 companies.

Are there any ways to get the Treo600 to sort by company name ?
    As already mentioned, from the contacts list, press Opt-Shift to start a Find. Type in the name of the company, and it will list all the contacts with that company.
    Originally posted by vespapx

I just removed Agendus !
    Reason : the C,L,F sort function is NOT available !

So it's must be a Treo problem
    That's really nonsense!

A Palm device is a Palm device! Any program installed on any Palm device will work exactly the same on the Treo or any other Palm OS device. Only the speed of the program will vary according to the processor installed and the version of the Palm OS. On the Treo 600, sorts and groups run lightning fast in almost any program.

Of the ones mentioned, I would say that Agendus is the most versatile and sophisticated, especially due to its quasi-relational ability to create an event, todo and call history on the fly for any contact. And its group-by allows you to organize contacts by Name, Company, City, State, Country, Zip Code or any one of 4 custom fields.

You may have been hasty in removing it before working with it awhile and studying the manual.

In addition, the cross-program Find function, either the built-in function or any one of the add-on Find apps, as recommended by another poster is also very fast in building a list by any word you enter.

NateS
    Originally posted by NateS

That's really nonsense!

A Palm device is a Palm device! Any program installed on any Palm device will work exactly the same on the Treo or any other Palm OS device. Only the speed of the program will vary according to the processor installed and the version of the Palm OS. On the Treo 600, sorts and groups run lightning fast in almost any program.

Of the ones mentioned, I would say that Agendus is the most versatile and sophisticated, especially due to its quasi-relational ability to create an event, todo and call history on the fly for any contact. And its group-by allows you to organize contacts by Name, Company, City, State, Country, Zip Code or any one of 4 custom fields.

You may have been hasty in removing it before working with it awhile and studying the manual.

In addition, the cross-program Find function, either the built-in function or any one of the add-on Find apps, as recommended by another poster is also very fast in building a list by any word you enter.

NateS

So what's the nonsense ?

The Contact sort function C,L,F is not available in my Treo and it is in my Tungsten. Neither in contacts nor Agendus.

Off course the suggested tips ( Find Function, and grouping in Agendus) do the trick. But i was looking for a simple solution
    One word "TakephONE"