1.    #1  
    I just got the trial of Verichat, looks like a great program, I was going to purchaseif to for the $24.95, but then I saw somthing that was unclear? Is there a $20 a year service charge?? If so can someone tell me why??

thanks
    For Verichat to work it requires use of their severs. so the $20 would be for the use of the servers?

I don't use Verichat myself but this is my take on the charge.
    Just remember that Microsoft just blocked all third-party access to their MSN chat client. So unless pdapps plans on buying a license, your out the MSN client.
    Originally posted by tarkwolf
    I just got the trial of Verichat, looks like a great program, I was going to purchaseif to for the $24.95, but then I saw somthing that was unclear? Is there a $20 a year service charge?? If so can someone tell me why??

thanks
    Well now that's annoying. Didn't see that for the trial version.

Has anyone used the version from AOL? Any info on how they differ? I'm not sure if having Y! is worth the annual fee.
    Originally posted by slffl
    Just remember that Microsoft just blocked all third-party access to their MSN chat client. So unless pdapps plans on buying a license, your out the MSN client.
    Yahoo did the same for YIM about a month ago and everyone had defeated their blocking within a week or so. Wouldn't be surprised if they were able to do the same for MSN.
    Originally posted by tarkwolf
    Is there a $20 a year service charge?? If so can someone tell me why??
    You're paying for the proxy. You don't have to be in the VeriChat™ application (or even connected to Vision, for that matter) for you to chat with your buddies. They always see you as online and can send you messages, and you can receive and reply to them. If UpIRC had the same setup, it would rock. But as of the current UpIRC, the second you exit the app, you get disconnected from IRC.

VeriChat Rocks!!

If VeriChat supports IRC in the future, it will be king of the universe, man.
    IMO Verichat is one of if not THE best applicaation for wireless„