1.    #1  
    anyone using it on treo 600? if so how is it, anywhere to get video to watch?
    Works great . Even has pad support.

Here I will put some Videos up for you soon.
    Thanks Edward_Green! Those are great videos - just the ones i would have picked! you're the man...

Does anyone know of any other sites that have kinoma videos on them?

Thanks -
    DougDarden
    very cool - any way to d/l a full screen video??? How a video that plays sideways on the screen (since that would be closer to normal TV dimension).
    I cant see how sideways would help as the screen is ... er square.

I suppose you could try encoding at a diagonal

I have encoded some more movies off Pocketmovies.net, on my mini site. You can find out what the movies are and preview them in mpeg on Pocketmovies.

In theory somthing like mmplayer should be able to play the movies in mpeg, but I can never get it to work on the Treo 600.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    I'm so glad this thing works on the 600... I converted Toy Story (I'm a big kid) the other night from my DVD and then brought it with me to a doctor's office yesterday when I brought my friend there and had to wait. It made the time go by so much quicker.
    How big was a full movie and what settings did you use?
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    At the lowest settings (I think 160kps) and 12fps it is 100megs, blockier, but still watchable. At the next level up and 15fps it was 150ish.
    I won't ask you to email it to me then
    Just to give you my experiences, I think Kinoma Producer is worth every penny, even the trial version. I was able to convert some quicktime movies I took with my Minolta digital camera ...came out great. Also I have a ATI TV wonder card with my PC. I captured MPEG's of the Discovery Channel, converted it & watched in my Treo 600. Great resolution, audio & video quality so much better than Teal Movies. It interfaces with the SD card without any problems.
    Kinoma is great because it works.

If you are the sort of person who wants to rip their DVD collection to SD cards in DivX format then MMPlayer is the better bet.

If however you want to convert a few trailers and stuff then Kinoma does the trick.
    Global Posts
    475 Global Posts
    Originally posted by Edward_Green
    Kinoma is great because it works.

If you are the sort of person who wants to rip their DVD collection to SD cards in DivX format then MMPlayer is the better bet.

If however you want to convert a few trailers and stuff then Kinoma does the trick.
    I've ripped my DVDs and then converted to mpeg then used Kinoma producer to convert to their format.

It seems so much more stable than mmplayer, so I go through this process.
    Originally posted by njchris

I've ripped my DVDs and then converted to mpeg then used Kinoma producer to convert to their format.

It seems so much more stable than mmplayer, so I go through this process.
    So far, I just converted a few short mpegs. I'm using a 256 SD card & wonder if a full length movie can fit in the card. What program did you used to rip the DVD's?
    I am using Kinoma player now. I think the picture quality is okay, but the sound is not syncing with the video is there a setting I need to set or something. Thanks
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    I've converted several movies and Kinoma works great.
  16. OJM
    I have purchased Kinoma Producer and installed the Player on my 600. I have tested a few trailers and they play fine. My biggest problem is converting mpegs and Dvix files to the Kinoma format. It took well over 2 and 1/2 hours to convert 30 minutes of a movie (Swingers). Is this normal? I used the default Producer settings for the 600. Would changing the default settings to 12 fps and 160 speed up this process???

If not, have people had success using MMPlayer with mpegs and Divx? Is the process much faster than Kinoma? Lastly, I am using a trial copy of Amigo's DVD ripper program (to rip my dvds to mpeg or divx). Anyone have suggestions on a good ripper program? I assume that no program rips dvds to the Kinoma format - correct?

Any and all info is appreciated!

PS I have a very new laptop with a fast processor
    OJMBrooklyn

SPHi300>T300>T600>T650>PPC6700>700WX
    Originally posted by Edward_Green
    Works great . Even has pad support.

Here I will put some Videos up for you soon.

edward - what pTunes skin is that?
    anybody have any simpsons episodes? seems like w/ the low resolution of the device - cartoons would play best!
    Cartoons aren't bad I have a few south park episodes.