1.    #1  
    Placed my order with Mobilshop.com on Tuesday afternoon for the Orange UK GSM version, received the email that it had been dispatched first thing this morning.

Getting it for 59.99 on the Talk 200 package for a new 1 year contract at 30 quid a month. Decided to pay 2 quid a month for 1Mb of GPRS, just to see how it goes...

Also qualified for Orange's 2000 free SMS messages to be used within 6 months.

Am porting my number from T-Mobile, wonder if that helped the quick service? You could hear the hurt in the T-Mobile rep's voice when I asked for my porting authorisation (PAC) code. "Why are you leaving us?" he asked plaintively...

"Cos you don't do the Handspring Treo 600" was my answer, to which he had of course no reply. I could also have added that the frustration of trying to get to a real person to speak to on their computerised customer service number would have been reason alone even if they didn't do the Treo...

Palm Vx -> Palm M505 -> Treo 180g -> Treo 600 (UK GSMrevA)

Wow, sounds like you got a great deal!
    Thanks Tgabber (and everyone else on these boards who recommended Mobilshop). I've just ordered from them on exactly the same tarrif as you (will not use all the 200 minutes but will change down after 120 days). I ordered 1mb GPRS too (only use for occasional e-mail and web since I have the net at work and home).

For once UK prices are not a rip-off (unlike those for our friends in non-orange parts of Europe...)

They say my order will be delayed only because 02 are taking a few days to give me my PAC no. Can't wait to get onto Orange who have a much better reputation for customer service...

Mobileshop say they have 17 Treo 600's currently in stock. Say they haven't sold many yet (I expect those they have are from people on these boards )
    Hi....

I'm waiting for my PAC code from Singlepoint (02) - they are going to charge me 20 quid for using it!!! (gutted) but at least i'll get the Treo 600 cheap. I'm going to wait for Orange shops to get them in so I can go in and have a play first.

Not sure why you have to be delayed by PAC code - as I understand it they can set you up with a temporary number then use the PAC code to transfer later?

Regards,

Paul
    Paul,

the guy at Mobileshop told me that I shouldn't be charged by 02 for the PAC no, and that if they tried to charge me to dispute it! Not sure if Singlepoint are the same but I wouldn't pay it without checking first...

Regarding the delay, I guess they can't process (and therefore send off) the order to me until I give them the PAC no, as they need this to pass to Orange

I was going to buy at an orangeshop (50 discount if a friend recommends you) but the internet prices (particularly mobileshop) are so much better...

Jon
    Yeah, I didn't fancy Orange prices - even with all discounts (if they still give 50 quid for old phone) it would be 100 quid, then if you use the offer they *won't* honour the 14 day exchange. So i'd rather buy from someone for 59 quid and get 14 day money back !!!!

Yeah, Orange shop said they shouldn't charge, but they do and didn't seem to care about my protests!!!! I'll take it up with Oftel maybe.

Hope you enjoy yours!

Regards,

Paul
  7.    #7  
    I'd advise anyone that wants a PAC code to get it themselves first before trying to buy a Treo. The PAC is valid for 30 days.

With T-Mobile I just rang customer services on 150 and after about 5 minutes(! - really I'm not exaggerating) trying to negotiage the automated voice system and get to a real person (who I found, ironically, under 'upgrade your phone'). I just asked for the code, was put through to a supervisor and had it within a couple of minutes.

I'm definitely not sorry to be leaving T-Mobile, their customer service has collapsed since they rebranded from One2One. Also they never got their act together over GPRS. I lost count of the number of times I inquired about it when I first got my Treo 180.
    Hi,

I'm guessing the 20-odd megabytes of free memory isn't going to be enough...personally I'd like 512MB but doubt I want to pay 100 pounds for it - i'm thinking 256MB is more reasonable. Looks like it can be had for 40 quid on ebay. How much are you guys thinking of getting and where from in UK/on net??

Cheers

Paul
  9.    #9  
    Note (as detailed in other threads) that the Orange UK package includes a 32Mb MMC card (which fits in the SD slot)
    I bought some 256MB cards off Ebay from guys with > 50 feedback. All OK.

Can recommend Apertama !

http://cgi2.ebay.co.uk/aw-cgi/eBayIS...age=3&items=25

Anyone know how to use the free WAP Open Access package?

Blazer and other Palm web browsers don't use the free Wap gateway.

So I need a proper Palm Wap browser for the Treo 600.
    Id the UK GSM Treo600 unlocked?