1.    #1  
    So, I was looking at the accessories available for the 600 over at Mobile Planet and I had a few questions that I was hoping some people here might know the answer to.

1. They have a Treo USB HotSync Cable and a Treo USB Travel Cable. The Travel Cable model charges the Treo as well as allows you to sync. They're the same price. Why would you pick the HotSync cable? The Hotsync cable has two attachments instead of one. Does it charge faster? The Travel Cable doesnt't come out until the end of the month, though. They also have a regular cradle , which is kinda cool, but you apparently have to supply your own AC adapter, according to Handspring. Which AC adapter? I can't tell, they don't say.

2. The have an External Battery for $60. How does this work? Does it add to the internal battery or replace it when it's attached? Can you attach it after your internal battery is dead and keep motoring along? That would be cool. Anyone know how powerful the internal battery is, and therefore what the talktime would be with this one?

3. They have two cigarette adapters. The Treo Double Charge and the Vehicle Power Charger. Since they're both the same price, I'm assuming you'd only get the Power Charger because of it's smaller size. I can see that. Any other ideas why it would matter?

Thanks to anyone who has any insight. My 600 gets here tomorrow, so I gotta start considering these important accessory decisions!
  2.    #2  
    OK, I just realized that the USB Hotsync cable is 6 ft, while the USB Travel Cable is only 2 ft. That could be important to some people.
    1 - If you check it out I think you will find the Sync cable ONLY allows you to sync. The travel cable also charges.

2 - I think the internal battery is 1800mah

3 - I have the vehicle power charger (since it came as a freebie with my Treo 300) but the double charger could be handy if you occasionally leave home and want to charge while you are at a friends house...
    JT
    1. The sync cable allows you to charge as well as sync if you connect the power adapter to it. The travel cable will charge the treo 600 via the USB port. The difference comes down to charge times. The power adapter supplies 1A of current, whilst a USB port can only supply 500ma. The lesson, it takes longet to charge with the travel charger.
    The power adapter they are referencing with the Cradle is the one that came with your shiny new treo.

Cheers.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by jthompsn

I think the internal battery is 1800mah
    Yeah, I think that's correct. The external battery is 1200mah.

I just found this on the Handspring site, in the specs for the 600:

Rechargeable Lithium Ion

GSM/GPRS:
    - Up to 6 hours talk time
    - Up to 240 hours (10 days) standby time

CDMA:
    - Up to 4 hours talk time
    - Up to 240 hours (10 days) standby time

Add up to 3 hours of additional talk time and 180 hours
    of standby with an external battery pack.
    Not bad I guess, but not sure it's worth $60!
  6.    #6  
    Originally posted by derosnec
    1. The sync cable allows you to charge as well as sync if you connect the power adapter to it. The travel cable will charge the treo 600 via the USB port. The difference comes down to charge times. The power adapter supplies 1A of current, whilst a USB port can only supply 500ma. The lesson, it takes longet to charge with the travel charger.
    The power adapter they are referencing with the Cradle is the one that came with your shiny new treo.

Cheers.
    Thanks for the info. Very good to know.

I was trying to decide which would be the best to get to leave at the office, and which one for home. It looks like the Sync Cable is the best balance of convenience and charge time. The crade is tempting, but it seems a little overpriced since it includes no AC adapter. I might be able to find one cheaper later, though. Maybe put it on my Christmas list.