Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Went to the Sprint Corporate sales center today to by a new Treo 600 here in Virginia Beach.
    Waited over an hour only to have the ONLY salesperson working the counter (!) tell me that he has not seen the Treo 600, is not very familiar with it, and doesn't expect any in for two weeks.

I walk out and call Spint once I returned home. I told her that I have been a customer since 1998, paying my $100/mo bills right on time. I will also add that I had perfect credit. She tells me that after review, my account is not eligible for purchase of a new telephone (!!). I ask her why and she says, "I am just reading what it says on my screen. I can transfer you to customer care and they can give you more information."
    "Fine", I say. I am then transferred, put on hold, and a bit irritated at this point.
    Another lady comes on and tells me that I can "upgrade" the phone, but I am not eligible for the upgrade discount due to the fact that I have not had my current phone for over 18 months. I say, "I have indeed had this phone for over 18 months. In fact, I 've had the same phone for the last three years." She says, "Well, the serial number does not show this." I say, "That is because the phone was stollen and had to be replaced through your insurance program. No, it is not the exact same phone, but it is the same model." She says that the system is not configured for situations such as this and that there is nothing she can do - I will have to pay full-price for the upgrade ($599.00).
    At this point, I am pissed! I tell her that I think it is ridiculous. Someone with my history with Sprint should be treated in such a way to keep my business. She says she cannot help me.

Simply put, I have been putting up with this type of customer service for the past five years and I 've about had it. Come November 24th, I may just take my phone number and move to T-Mobile or Verizon.
    Sprint needs to wake up!

Ayrow
    Try calling back to see if you get someone more responsive to your situation. You obviously qualify for the credit...so you only need to reach someone with half a brain and a little gumption, and you will have your Treo 600 and $100/$150 discount. Should only take 10-12 calls!

Good luck!
    That's good advice.

Also keep in mind companies like this don't empower their CSRs to do diddly squat and they pay them even less. If you don't get any traction, tell them you need to speak with a manager right away or you will cancel your account next month when you can change carriers and keep your phone number.

I have yet to deal with a major communications company that DOESN'T act like this, it's not just Sprint. That's not an excuse, I just think they're all equally obnoxious.

Once in a while you get a real person that is cool and "gets it", but seems rare. I would bet that that person doesn't last 6 months in the job -- they'll either get promoted, quit, or become a drone like the rest.
    Global Posts
    156 Global Posts
    Well, if Verizon would support this phone, I would be there in a heartbeat. Their customer service is supposed to be awesome compared to Sprint and others.
    In every review I have read of cellular companies and their customer service, Verizon tops them all.
    Oh well,...I will just order it through HS and hope that Sprint gets a clue sooner or later. I've only been waiting five years...could be any day now, right??

*smacks forehead repeatedly*
    See ya!

Once again, cell phone big wigs do not read rants on here and completely overhaul a division because of it.
    I say call Retention up. Don't act like you're gonna cancel, just explain the situation. I get far better customer service thru them than I do thru regular customer service (although I've noticed that regular customer service has improved alot).
    If God brought you to it He'll bring you thru it!
    I have been with almost all of the cellular providers over the last ten years. Cellular One, Ameritech, Verizon, AT&T, Nextel, and finally settled with Sprint. They can't make everybody happy all of the time. I think of it as choosing the lesser of two evils. It feels good to vent but in the end it really changes nothing. FYI, Verizon isn't the holy grail everybody makes them out to be. So goodluck with whatever provider you choose.
    Originally posted by Ayrow
    Went to the Sprint Corporate sales center today to by a new Treo 600 here in Virginia Beach.
    Waited over an hour only to have the ONLY salesperson working the counter (!) tell me that he has not seen the Treo 600, is not very familiar with it, and doesn't expect any in for two weeks.

I walk out and call Spint once I returned home. I told her that I have been a customer since 1998, paying my $100/mo bills right on time. I will also add that I had perfect credit. She tells me that after review, my account is not eligible for purchase of a new telephone (!!). I ask her why and she says, "I am just reading what it says on my screen. I can transfer you to customer care and they can give you more information."
    "Fine", I say. I am then transferred, put on hold, and a bit irritated at this point.
    Another lady comes on and tells me that I can "upgrade" the phone, but I am not eligible for the upgrade discount due to the fact that I have not had my current phone for over 18 months. I say, "I have indeed had this phone for over 18 months. In fact, I 've had the same phone for the last three years." She says, "Well, the serial number does not show this." I say, "That is because the phone was stollen and had to be replaced through your insurance program. No, it is not the exact same phone, but it is the same model." She says that the system is not configured for situations such as this and that there is nothing she can do - I will have to pay full-price for the upgrade ($599.00).
    At this point, I am pissed! I tell her that I think it is ridiculous. Someone with my history with Sprint should be treated in such a way to keep my business. She says she cannot help me.

Simply put, I have been putting up with this type of customer service for the past five years and I 've about had it. Come November 24th, I may just take my phone number and move to T-Mobile or Verizon.
    Sprint needs to wake up!

Ayrow
    This is an example of why Sprint PCS was ranked as the worst cell phone provider by Consumer Reports. Poor customer service and a higher amount of reported dropped calls were sited in the review.

I have decided to wait for the GSM version, unless somebody out there has luck getting their 600 to work on Verizon's network. I have never experienced any of these issues with Verizon's customer service, although I can't speak for everyone else.

Sprint needs to wake up!

Ayrow
    I know exactly where you are coming from. I bet you went to the store on VA Beach BLVD., right? I have never had a good experience there. I went in there Monday to see about the Treo 600. Here is the conversation:

Me: "Do you have the new Treo 600 in stock?"

Helpful Salesperson: "No...."

Me: "Uh, do you know when you will get more in?"

Helpful Salesperson: "No...."

Me: "Can I get a call when you get one in, or maybe put my name on a list?"

Helpful Salesperson: "No..."

Me: "Do you know any other english words!!!??"

Helpful Salesperson: "....."

I hate that place with a passion! I just ordered direct from Handspring. Nov. 24th may have me jumping ship too.
    Well, if Verizon would support this phone, I would be there in a heartbeat. Their customer service is supposed to be awesome compared to Sprint and others.
    In every review I have read of cellular companies and their customer service, Verizon tops them all.
    Oh well,...I will just order it through HS and hope that Sprint gets a clue sooner or later. I've only been waiting five years...could be any day now, right??

*smacks forehead repeatedly*
    Not to start any flames...but if you think Verizon CSR's are any better than Sprint, prepare to be shocked. I deal with Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, TMobile AND Nextel almost every week and I can confirm that not a single one of those companies have decent customer service on a consistent basis. Like the other poster said, they're all generally obnoxious....BUT, you might get lucky after a few calls and get someone how knows the scroll button on their mouse and can find the option to use to solve your problem.

I'm not defending Sprint in anyway....I'm just saying they all suck in general...and unfortunately, none of them are doing anything about it.

Jay21: I guess you're lucky. I ran into the EXACT same problem with Verizon when trying to get a Samsung I-700 Pocket PC phone for a workmate.

Dizzy
    Originally posted by Dizzy

Not to start any flames...but if you think Verizon CSR's are any better than Sprint, prepare to be shocked. I deal with Verizon, Sprint, AT&T, TMobile AND Nextel almost every week and I can confirm that not a single one of those companies have decent customer service on a consistent basis. Like the other poster said, they're all generally obnoxious....BUT, you might get lucky after a few calls and get someone how knows the scroll button on their mouse and can find the option to use to solve your problem.

I'm not defending Sprint in anyway....I'm just saying they all suck in general...and unfortunately, none of them are doing anything about it.

Jay21: I guess you're lucky. I ran into the EXACT same problem with Verizon when trying to get a Samsung I-700 Pocket PC phone for a workmate.

Dizzy

I have had cell phones with every carrier except Cingular (only prepaid) and I can say from MY experience that Verizon does offer the best of the lot when it comes to customer service and coverage. If you check out the Consumer Reports ratings, Verizon comes out on top. Must be a reason for that.

I've also found the reps at T-Mobile to be pretty friendly, even if they aren't sure what they are doing.

I agree that no company is perfect, but I don't want to list the nightmares I had dealing with some of the others.
    Originally posted by Dizzy

Dizzy
    I have NEVER and mean NEVER had any problems with T-mobile customer care. They have always been professional, knowledgeable, thorough, and accomodating. The same CANNOT be said for AT&T or Sprint, my previous 2 carriers.