1.    #1  
    At the top of my t600, there is a blinking asterick where it says sprint in the top left hand corner. So instead of sprint, it says "*rint". Anyone else have this problem. In addition to this, there is a big black gap on the right hand border of the screen, about 1 mm, that stretches the whole length of the right side border. I ordered this from Handspring, and they told me that I have to get this fixed through Sprint. I'm about to call them right now, we'll see what happens
    Originally posted by vandoc
    At the top of my t600, there is a blinking asterick where it says sprint in the top left hand corner. So instead of sprint, it says "*rint". Anyone else have this problem. In addition to this, there is a big black gap on the right hand border of the screen, about 1 mm, that stretches the whole length of the right side border. I ordered this from Handspring, and they told me that I have to get this fixed through Sprint. I'm about to call them right now, we'll see what happens
    Oh no you don't! YOu tell HS that's its defective and you want a new one overnighted to you with a return authorization and a return envelope that they pay for and Don't take no for an answer- Ask for a supervisor right away. you paid for a top of the line item but regardless it's a new item and if it doesn't work right or has a defect you have the rifght to a BRAND new one (make sure it's not some other guys returned item. Check this out ...if you enter this ##786 into your phone(try it on your current phone)... it brings up some very pertenant info
    This the Phone Information Page

It tells you how many minutes the unit has on it, how much data has transpired, the warranty date, software versions, and a bunch of other stuff I don't know anything about!
    " . The relevant piece of info that you want to look for is at the bottom called "refurb. Status" it should say NO. Don't show your cards and let then know you know this code just make sure they tell you it will be Brand new (than you can check to see if they ere honest and did the right thing.

For more info on other "secret codes" check out this thread
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/tcforum/-t38158/s623b5096357c8319f35a86eec2113657.html

Lets us know how you make out.
    The blinking asteric is not a defect. It's the Attention manager telling you that there are events that you need to dismiss. Just tap the asteric and <clear all>. The black gap is by design due to the stylus channel.
    The black gap on the right side is normal....unless yours is abnormally wide. Something about the placement of the LCD and the light source, I have heard.

Haven't heard about the blinkin' asterisk before, though.
    Please note that the prior two messages in this thread contradict one another.

This suggests (like it or not) that in reality what is a major irritation to numerous TreoCentral posters (other threads have covered that "gap" quite a bit) has no known reason.

And could easily be a manufacturing defect.

If you care about it you should find out from the source why it's there.
    Saw the same thing...the little astrick....and the HUGE (1mm ) black strip going down the right side. I have been into a few Sprint stores and they have the same black strip...and the astrick is to notifiy you about certain events . You might wanna do some investigating like I did. It might save you some time...

IGO
    GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP.....GIVE DEBBIE THE CHIMP!!!
    I have a small bright spot on my screen. It's on the left side about a third of the way down from the top. does anyone else have this? should I call HS to replace?
    Originally posted by aacnyc

Check this out ...if you enter this ##786 into your phone(try it on your current phone)... it brings up some very pertenant info
    This the Phone Information Page
    Doesn't do anything on mine.
    Originally posted by iPAQeur

Doesn't do anything on mine.
    ##786 then "Dial"
    Originally posted by satyric

##786 then "Dial"
    Well, it just says that the number doesn't exist and the network won't carry on this call.
    Originally posted by iPAQeur

Well, it just says that the number doesn't exist and the network won't carry on this call.
    This seems to be a CDMA only thing. I'm assuming you're on a Orange GSM.
    Originally posted by Doug Hillman

This seems to be a CDMA only thing. I'm assuming you're on a Orange GSM.
    That's right !
    Mine has the gap, too. Since we're whining , I have noticed that my big center button doesn't have the same click FEEL to it that all the other buttons and keys have. It functions fine, however. Anyone else notice this?