webOS Nation Forums >  webOS Devices >  Palm OS Devices & Apps > FED EX delivery question
FED EX delivery question

Old 10/16/2003, 12:05 AM   #1 (permalink)

Does FED EX over night require a signature for delivery, or will they leave it at your door?

I'm not sure that it matters, but I live in a house and not an appartment complex.
Sprinttreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 12:19 AM   #2 (permalink)

It depends on the preferences of the sender (they can check a box requiring signature) and if you have a signature on file with FedEx.

So, sometimes they'll leave it and sometimes they will not.
MadBrowser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 12:22 AM   #3 (permalink)

The FedEx tracking detail for mine said: "No signature required - release waiver on file" and they left it on my porch (I live in a house and do have a waiver on file). Not sure if that means they would have required a signature without the waiver or not.
MassSpecGeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 01:03 PM   #4 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprinttreo
Does FED EX over night require a signature for delivery, or will they leave it at your door?

I'm not sure that it matters, but I live in a house and not an appartment complex.
Signature Releases

Shipments with a declared value of $100 or less may be delivered and released without obtaining a signature when the sender has authorized a release by either signing the Release Signature section of the airbill or by completing the Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Shippers (obtained through your local FedEx World Service Center or your FedEx Account Executive), or, at our sole option, upon oral or written instruction from the sender or recipient. A shipment may also be released without a signature if the recipient has provided authorization by signing the Release Delivery Authorization and Indemnification Agreement for Recipients (obtained through your local FedEx World Service Center or your FedEx Account Executive). We may authorize shipments released without signature to those with accounts in good credit standing and to those who otherwise have established a satisfactory payment history. We also reserve the right to release packages at residential delivery locations without obtaining a signature, provided that none of the restrictions below apply.
At our sole discretion, some shipments may not be released without a delivery signature even when release is authorized, including, but not limited to:

"Bill Recipient" shipments when the recipient's FedEx account is not in good credit standing or is not indicated on the airbill.
Damaged shipments.
Shipments containing dangerous goods.
Drugs (including prescription drugs), firearms or perishable shipments.
C.O.D. shipments.
Indirect deliveries.
Shipments billed to an invalid or missing credit card number.
Alcohol or tobacco shipments.
One or more packages in a multiple-piece shipment if all packages cannot be safely released.
The delivery location or circumstances are unsuitable for release without signature as determined in our sole discretion.
Pharmaceutical shipments.

At our sole discretion, shipments having a declared value greater than $100 may not be released without a signature even where the release is otherwise authorized.
Bomeyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 01:09 PM   #5 (permalink)

After I saw my Treo went out yesterday, I call Fed Ex last night to ask about that. I was able to waive the signature requirement. So now it's been delivered but I'm at work. My poor Treo 600 is sitting there all by itself.
letsgoflyers81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 01:14 PM   #6 (permalink)

Better all by itself on your porch than in good company with all the other Treo 600s awaiting shipment.

I know the separation anxiety can be bad, and it may pee on the carpet a time or two until it adjusts, but your bond together will be strong in no time.
Ben Van Gaasbeek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 05:42 PM   #7 (permalink)

Thanks everyone who responded. I left a note asking FED EX to leave it on my door step and they did.

Now I'm busy playing with my new "toy" :-)
Sprinttreo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10/16/2003, 06:00 PM   #8 (permalink)

Quote:
Originally posted by Sprinttreo
Now I'm busy playing with my new "toy" :-)

Must be nice.... I wish my new toy was here.
Ben Van Gaasbeek is offline   Reply With Quote

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0