1.    #1  
    If you have thousands of mp3's (like me) and are wondering how to easily locate actual mp3 files among your vast library so you can dump them to a SD card so you can play them on your T600, consider this tip...

If your jukebox software allows you to create and save playlists in standard m3u format (WiMP, WinAmp, etc.) then you can simply create a playlist and transfer it to your SD card reader/writer by using a freeware utility called m3ucopier.

After you save your playlist, open m3ucopier and select the playlist. Then select a destination (your SD card) and click the copy button. The utility will read the filepaths to each mp3 in the playlist and transfer them all to your SD card automatically!

No more manual searching!

m3ucopier can be found at: http://hot.ee/meelis11/m3uCopier.htm

Rock on!
    Last edited by derek985; 10/15/2003 at 10:10 PM.
    This is exactly what I was looking for. I haven't tried it yet, but I hope it also works for turning playlists into CDs. Ideally, it would just turn playlists into a directory of copies of the real files (space provided). Thanks!!!
    really good solution if you have a reader... nicely done!

One question, does it matter what directory they are in on the SD card for pocket tunes to be able to play it?

Also, does the actual playlist work on pocketunes?

Thanks
  4.    #4  
    Here's another package that works really well too based on more of a drag and drop interface. The cool thing about this one is that you can edit playlists on the fly, play tracks, search and save playlists, edit actual filenames and ID3 tags, change play order and more...

Check it out @ http://homepage.ntlworld.com/thorin9...faq.htm#DSSPLE

cheers!
    Originally posted by WeeBitObsessed
    really good solution if you have a reader... nicely done!

One question, does it matter what directory they are in on the SD card for pocket tunes to be able to play it?

Also, does the actual playlist work on pocketunes?

Thanks
    Pocket Tunes can play MP3s from anywhere on the card. It has a a built-in explorer.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    I use a little-known program called Media Jukebox by J. River.

It's awesome. Does everything. Easily searchable, can run servers, so you can access your database from anywhere over the internet. Very cool stuff. All drag and drop, dynamic playlists (most played, most recent, by date range, genre).

The company also makes a program called Media Center, that I haven't used, but it adds PVR functions too. Very cheap too, free. The plus version adds some cool features for $25.

I don't work for them, but I can't figure out why more people don't use this program, so I tell people about it a lot.
    If you have an SD card reader and windows media player 9, you should be able to copy playlists over to the card automatically. Works for me on XP, WMPlayer 9.0, SanDisk card reader.