1.    #1  
    I was able to sync my Treo300 over the air when I was away from the office. I received my new Treo 600 2 days ago and the settings for the sync etc. were automatically hot synced with the cable connection to the 600 when I synched it at my desk. Later on, I tried to do an over the air sync while at my office. It worked very well, and was considerable faster than when I did it on my Treo 300.

However, since that time, I am unable to successfully repeat it. I have changed none of my phones settings. Perhaps it is a Sprint problem, or they are blocking it from working to insure that more of us pay to use Business Connect???

Any thoughts??

Irv
    Global Posts
    270 Global Posts
    I had the exact same scenario. Check your Primary PC Name & make sure it still reads !!

Somewhere along the line a strange string was inserted into this field. Sort of a combo of my name and vision and other garbage. I erased and typed the double exclamations and everything was good again
    what setting do you use to sync over the air?
    yes -- what kind of over-the-air sync are you talking about?....usually when people talk about OTA sync they're referring to a specific application like TreoMail....
    Here's the thread discussing how to do it step by step. It worked for my 300 and just as easily for my 600. Follow them and within minutes you'll be able to do this. (I had this link saved in my favorites!)

http://discussion.treocentral.com/tc...s+hotsync.html
    I just set up my wireless sync and it's working like a champ. However, I was wondering how long it takes you guys to sync your information this way. I have quite a bit to sync, but it's taking no less than 5 minutes to sync (probably more - I haven't "officially" timed it). I had this set up on my Treo 0300 as well, and it doesn't seem to be taking any less time now than it did then. Someone earlier wrote that it was taking substantially less time for them. Also, I entered my SUBNET MASK as suggested at the link above to speed things up, but it didn't appear to improve anything. Any suggestions or ideas?

I really don't think I'll need this very often, but it would be nice to know it's available when I do need it.

Thanks...
  7.    #7  
    DUH!!!!!
    I forgot that when I first did the initial installation of my new Treo that I had to do a new install of the hotsync from the CD. It over-wrote the original settings that I made when I first set up over the air sync.

Thanks for all the suggestions. Hope my experience helps others in this situation.
    I followed the instructions in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/t...ss+hotsync.html but still can't seem to get wireless syncing to work. I did notice that part of V instructs the user to select "WIRELESS MODEM" however I don't see that option in the Treo 600's menu. Can someone pust updated instructions here for me?
    I am running into a problem because I have a simple home network that uses ICS on my server to connect the rest my machines to the internet. I am using the IP assigned by my provider, but it cannot seem to find my computer on the local network when the signal comes in (assuming that it is coming in at all). Anyone have insight into NAT problems like this?
    Originally posted by sarvinc
    I followed the instructions in this thread: http://discussion.treocentral.com/t...ss+hotsync.html but still can't seem to get wireless syncing to work. I did notice that part of V instructs the user to select "WIRELESS MODEM" however I don't see that option in the Treo 600's menu. Can someone pust updated instructions here for me?
    I have "VIRTUAL MODEM" selected. Other than that, I followed the info on that thread to the letter and it worked on the first shot.
    I have a linksys router and as far as I can tell have forwarded 14237 TCP, and 14238 UDP. Are these settings correct?
    what am I missing here. i have vable modem , no router. xp on the computer and i just cannot get this to even connect. i shut off mcafee nothing, turn it back on nothin. any suggestions, the treo just times itself out and says cannot connect to the desktop..

thanks
    is there anyone that can help me?
    I have searched all over the board and psoted multiple time asking how to sync or even address a computer located on a network "using generic ips" if you find the answer please let me know.