Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hey dudes!

Just got the 600 --- and I really wanna throw a BlueTooth/WiFi SD card on here

Any recommendations? Or anything I can look out for??

THANKS A TON!!!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    They don't make any combo cards yet.
    Originally posted by HasanDaddy
    Hey dudes!

Just got the 600 --- and I really wanna throw a BlueTooth/WiFi SD card on here

Any recommendations? Or anything I can look out for??

THANKS A TON!!!
    No offense intended (honestly), but I don't understand why you bought a 600 if Wi-Fi or Bluetooth are so important to you, let alone *both*.

Maybe you should return it.

I don't mean to flame, I'm honestly curious about how you came to this decision.
    would you pay, one meeeeeeeelion dollars?
    Hey, lanL
    Once you have opportunities to have your hands on a TT serial handheld, you will be able to find out how amazing and awesome the bluetooth is. However, you will find out how annoying when you have to carry a bluetooth cell with you along with the handheld! That is the reason for a bluetooth-enabled Treo 600! I am always expecting one!
    Global Posts
    79 Global Posts
    Bluetooth sucks.
    I had a TT2 and a bluetooth Nokia 6310i and there was always a problem. One minute they would be talking and the next they wouldn't. Bluetooth would stop working halfway thru an email fetch and I'd have to swith off both devices and pair them again. When I introduced a BT headset into the equation, I thought my head was going to explode! Only two out of the three devices would talk to each other at any given time - if you thought you were going to dial the number from your Palm and talk on the headset when you've dialled, think again.

I spent more time wrestling with the devices than using them - who wants that ?

I returned the whole setup and waited for the T600.

Bluetooth sucks ***!
    Originally posted by yoyo_huang
    Hey, lanL
    Once you have opportunities to have your hands on a TT serial handheld, you will be able to find out how amazing and awesome the bluetooth is. However, you will find out how annoying when you have to carry a bluetooth cell with you along with the handheld! That is the reason for a bluetooth-enabled Treo 600! I am always expecting one!
    I didn't say that Bluetooth wasn't cool. I was just wondering why he bought a 600 knowing that has neither Bluetooth or Wi-Fi built-in if it is so important to him. That seems illogical.

Sure, I *would* find it annoying to have to carry a Bluetooth phone along with a PDA. That's why I bought a Treo 600 -- so I don't have to. I don't want to carry around a full sized handheld all over the place. I don't need one.

Don't get me wrong, I might actually buy the a Bluetooth SDIO card when it comes out. It might be nice to have a Bluetooth headset and be able to use it with a full-sized PDA with the 600 as a "modem" sometimes, if it's reasonably priced. But I sure as heck didn't buy a 600 planning to do that...
    Will pay ANYTHING for WiFi and BlueTooth
    Buy a Sony Clie UX50 + SE Z600... The ultimate two device solution with probably the best BT mobile out there... There's also the h4355 and Wanda etc...but who cares about ppc's

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  9.    #9  
    IanL - obviously I want the best smartphone on the market! duh.

what's wrong with making it even better??
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
  10.    #10  
    Appleman --- any idea when one will be coming out??

thanks!
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Originally posted by IanL

I didn't say that Bluetooth wasn't cool. I was just wondering why he bought a 600 knowing that has neither Bluetooth or Wi-Fi built-in if it is so important to him. That seems illogical.

Sure, I *would* find it annoying to have to carry a Bluetooth phone along with a PDA. That's why I bought a Treo 600 -- so I don't have to. I don't want to carry around a full sized handheld all over the place. I don't need one.

Don't get me wrong, I might actually buy the a Bluetooth SDIO card when it comes out. It might be nice to have a Bluetooth headset and be able to use it with a full-sized PDA with the 600 as a "modem" sometimes, if it's reasonably priced. But I sure as heck didn't buy a 600 planning to do that...
    Won't the Palm SDIO Bluetooth card work?
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
  12.    #12  
    yosemite --- I hope so --- I'll check that out
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Don't bother, it won't work. There are no drivers for Palm OS5 yet, and according to some a whole new SD card will be required when the drivers do become avalible. Sandisc say theirs is due by the end of November.

Just wait a few weeks, paying "ANYTHING" won't help as there's nothing to buy yet!

Bluetooth sucks. I had a TT2 and a bluetooth Nokia 6310i and there was always a problem.
    Nokia's implementation of bluetooth on all their handsets ths far has been suspect. You didn't have a problem with bluetooth, you had a problem with Nokia's non-standard use of it. Hook a T610 to a TT2 and it's seemless, try with an 8910 and it's near impossible.

Buy a Sony Clie UX50 + SE Z600... The ultimate two device solution with probably the best BT mobile out there...
    ;D The Z600 is a huge let down! The V600 is the ultimate bluetooth handset!
  14.    #14  
    Omar - thanks for the info bro

with regards to SanDisk --- will their card also arrive with the proper drivers??

THANKS
    BLUETOOTH!!!!
    Omar - thanks for the info bro
    No problem

with regards to SanDisk --- will their card also arrive with the proper drivers??
    Yep, so they say. They and Panasonic also have Bluetooth SD with memory on a single card, due around March/Q2 2004.

It's a Wi-fi SD card that I really want though.
    While you are waiting for wi-fi/bluetooth, if money is no object, buy some 512MB or 1gb SD cards.

http://www.pdasaccessory.com/index.htm?main.htm&0

Download all the data you need to these before you leave home!
    E.g. web pages using IsiloX, mp3s, film previews, restaurant listings, etc...

Try and see if other SDIO cards like the FM radio work.

Will keep you busy till January when the bluetooth drivers are expected according to the link above.
    So I understand why everyone wants BT - it will be great to be able to use a headset without the dongle or to sync to my laptop without the cable. But why wi-fi? 1xrtt is plenty fast for this little screen. I guess email would be a little faster but I rarely get less than 70 kbps throughput. Many time it is around 100 kbps. Do others simply not experience these kinds of speeds in their neighborhoods and therefore long for wi-fi?
    I want Wi-Fi so I can access the Network at work. They broadcast 802.11 in the building and if I had Wi-Fi, I could get to anything at work, from anywhere at work.

My 2-cents, Matt Burkhard
    I want Wi-fi over bluetooth because:

1) My Treo 600 is for SMS and email mostly, while my bluetooth enabled Motorola V600 (when it arrives!) is responsble for calls. I can only have one handset paired with the bluetooth car kit anyway.

2) I currently hang on to my Ipaq 2210 with Wi-fi card so I can read the news and browse forums like these while i'm in bed in the morning. Would be nice if I could dump that and have the Treo do it.

3) If you take a walk through central London, there are free Wi-fi spots every 20 metres so having it on my Treo would be pretty cool.

4) Finally, as we dont use anything but GSM 1800/900 (and WCDMA) in the UK my Treo's GPRS connection is nowhere near as fast as the 100 kbps you get via 1xRTT so i'm limited to WAP unless I don't mind waiting a few hours for each page!

If Handspring were to make a WCDMA Treo (they won't as you don't use it in the US, their major market, unless i'm mistaken ) we wouldn't need wi-fi at all! Yous hould see the speeds the 1st gen handsets are getting! BTW Video calling only needs a constant stream of 64kbps so realisiticly you guys could have it already! Sorry i'm going further and further OT.
    While it isn't a need...it is a want for me. It would be nice to be able to get on the web on the road with my Apple 17" Powerbook...aka LapZilla.
    <CENTER>
    <strong>
    <span style="color: blue;">Where's the "Make Coffee" button again?</span>
    </strong>
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast